ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Jordan Gore playing that far into the hole?

Missed the same grounder twice in a row-cost us three runs. Too bad Mooney got hurt last night.

Originally posted by uscbeckham:
He was nowhere near a normal SS position on those two hits, and it cost us.
I don't think he's up to speed at the position personally.

Originally posted by ReadR00ster:

I don't think he's up to speed at the position personally.
Maybe. He was almost playing between the 6 and 5. Those two balls were hit perfectly for a shortstop.

My question is why the hell does Holbrook keep playing him there?? He's got his damn SS already in Mooney. Quit trying to force the issue with sticking Gore there! He's a walking error at the SS position....EVERY game. Gore needs to play, but not at SS. Period.

Kid is just NOT a SS, no matter how much Holbrook may want him to be.

Originally posted by GarnetBlood80:
My question is why the hell does Holbrook keep playing him there?? He's got his damn SS already in Mooney. Quit trying to force the issue with sticking Gore there! He's a walking error at the SS position....EVERY game. Gore needs to play, but not at SS. Period.

Kid is just NOT a SS, no matter how much Holbrook may want him to be.
Mooney tweaked his hammy. Out for a game or two.

Did he put Gore at SS again???? WTF is he doing? Every time things are looking OK he changes it up again. WTF???

I got to watch Gore play all last summer for the Florence Redwolves and he was outstanding at the position. I really thought all the extra experience would really make him lights this season.

It must be mental. One error leads to another and another and next thing you know you're in a vicious cycle of negative reinforcement. That's when you have to rely on coaching to bring a kid out of the funk.

I don't think we are properly coaching these guys as the entire team is slowly spiraling down in a negative cycle.

Just my 2 cents

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT