ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Whammy allowed to address the media?

B-L Gamecock

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2005
As sorry of a job as he has done, he shouldn't be on the staff, much less as an authoritative figure addressing the media. Good grief!

Reactions: gamecock ed
The man had no talent on his defense last year! His best players were JT Surrat and Brison Williams. But it is his job and he didn't do nearly enough!

It's a shame that Hoke wasn't allowed to name his own staff.
IMO Last year everyone wanted changes on D. Instead Hoke was brought in and no other changes were made, did everyone want other changes yes. Spurrier made a statement that it was Christmas time and everyone was in the middle of contracts. Coach was blasted for not making changes, can't argue this. Had other changes been made those let go still would be paid along those brought in to be paid also. This is what I feel is going to happen after the season. Hoke will be evaluate the staff and make the needed changes that are needed. JMO

Who, if any (besides me) is sick of reading a thread headline then scrolling down to read a litany of responses from tiger fans not Gamecocks?

Razzing on our coaches ain't any of your business. We (make that I as I speak only for myself) don't go on your boards and post, comment, interject unwanted opinions in your events, discussions or collaborations. Please refrain from doing so here.

Reactions: jonesz21
None of the current staff will be here next year, because Spurrier is headed out of here and on to Florida.

Reactions: gamecock ed
Who, if any (besides me) is sick of reading a thread headline then scrolling down to read a litany of responses from tiger fans not Gamecocks?

Razzing on our coaches ain't any of your business. We (make that I as I speak only for myself) don't go on your boards and post, comment, interject unwanted opinions in your events, discussions or collaborations. Please refrain from doing so here.
I don't know how many trolls there really are. I suspect the number is much lower than you believe. But, I'll tell you what I'm sick of. I'm sick of posters like you who believe they have the right to personally attack anyone who doesn't share their pollyannish view of our program. An ever increasing population of SC fans are starting to see what others saw 2 years ago. Namely, that SOS has already checked out. Others, who claim to be far more connected than me assert it's because he's let Jr. take over. Who knows if it's true, but it certainly appears to be the case. Our staff is a shell of what it was just a few years ago, so is our talent. The worst part is that if we made a change this very second, we are still 4 years from competitive relevance again.

We quit recruiting after Clowney, and the guys on staff aren't good enough to coach up what they have. I've lost faith in SOS. Once that happens, it's over because it can't be reclaimed.

Sports if you refer to me you are wrong, however I am a Conway Tiger never have cared for Clemson, I have to deal with their fans around Conway it gets rather boring hearing the same crap all of the time.

I agree. I have been a harsh critic of our program but I understand the coaches and players are putting a lot more into being successful than I am. With that said we need to support the program coaches and players. Like I said in another thread. Florida joined the sec in 1933 and didn't get a sec championship until 1991. Why are we bitching. Most gamecocks would love to have florida's history. We have to be patient

Last edited:
I don't know how many trolls there really are. I suspect the number is much lower than you believe. But, I'll tell you what I'm sick of. I'm sick of posters like you who believe they have the right to personally attack anyone who doesn't share their pollyannish view of our program. An ever increasing population of SC fans are starting to see what others saw 2 years ago. Namely, that SOS has already checked out. Others, who claim to be far more connected than me assert it's because he's let Jr. take over. Who knows if it's true, but it certainly appears to be the case. Our staff is a shell of what it was just a few years ago, so is our talent. The worst part is that if we made a change this very second, we are still 4 years from competitive relevance again.

We quit recruiting after Clowney, and the guys on staff aren't good enough to coach up what they have. I've lost faith in SOS. Once that happens, it's over because it can't be reclaimed.
Aww. Even has his Clemson buddies liking his post.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
As sorry of a job as he has done, he shouldn't be on the staff, much less as an authoritative figure addressing the media. Good grief!
probably because to the people that matter and actually know something about football he is co-dc

We were on the hook for $750,000.00 that is why he is here. This paying to keep coaches by tying them to long term contracts sometimes backfires.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT