ADVERTISEMENT

Why No one should take UCF seriously

Why wouldn’t UF agree to a one home, one road, one neutral site?
Don't know how you could get a neutral site for UF & UCF considering how close they are to each other,(maybe Tampa ?) but I like the point you make.
Playing Devil's advocate for UCF, why should they have to agree to UF demand of 2 away and 1 home game. At this point they may now how leverage to find other P5 teams willing to go the home on home agreement. The AD's job is to do what they think is best for UCF, a one on one is reasonable, but to give UF an extra home game is not in their view in their best interest.

It does if you are in a power 5 conference.

If Southern Mississippi, or UAB went undefeated, do you think they should be in the national playoffs?

depends on the start and finish. My point in all this is when two loss teams are jumping over undefeated teams in the polls etc.... W's used to not penalize your spot in the polls as it was a priority stat.

UCF is top 20 in most of the advanced metrics, and top 10 in a few like S&P+. I think claiming that half the P5 would beat them is pretty silly. With a healthy Milton I'm guessing they would be favored over all but maybe 10-12 teams in the country. I think these 7 for sure: Clemson, OU, OSU, Michigan, ND, Bama, and UGA.

And then these teams would probably all be within a couple of points one direction or the other: Penn State, Washington, LSU, Florida, and Miss St.

And that's basically the list. LSU is only favored by 7.5 right now with Milton injured. If he were healthy for this game that would probably be close to a pick 'em.

Reactions: rogue cock
UCF is top 20 in most of the advanced metrics, and top 10 in a few like S&P+. I think claiming that half the P5 would beat them is pretty silly. With a healthy Milton I'm guessing they would be favored over all but maybe 10-12 teams in the country. I think these 7 for sure: Clemson, OU, OSU, Michigan, ND, Bama, and UGA.

And then these teams would probably all be within a couple of points one direction or the other: Penn State, Washington, LSU, Florida, and Miss St.

And that's basically the list. LSU is only favored by 7.5 right now with Milton injured. If he were healthy for this game that would probably be close to a pick 'em.
I think LSU has some injury issues of its own.

depends on the start and finish. My point in all this is when two loss teams are jumping over undefeated teams in the polls etc.... W's used to not penalize your spot in the polls as it was a priority stat.
I have no problem with a 2 loss team being ranked ahead of an undefeated team, if they are a better team. It all goes back to what the goal is. Is the goal to decide which are the best teams, or is it to determine which teams have the best records? I think UGA is a better team than UCF. It's record is not as good, but that is due to the level competition played by each school.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT