ADVERTISEMENT

Why not put the Spring Game to end around 5:30ish

Poultry King

Sep 15, 2008
then show the FF game on big board? Host 80K at Spring Game...in front of Xavier Thomas and other major recruits here that day.

then show the FF game on big board? Host 80K at Spring Game...in front of Xavier Thomas and other major recruits here that day.
CBS and the NCAA may have issue with that.

Mayor Kassim Reed of Atlanta wanted to do something similar for the Falcons in the Super Bowl with the Georgia Dome as a last hurrah before it's torn down, but the NFL and Fox wouldn't allow it.

CBS and the NCAA may have issue with that.

Mayor Kassim Reed of Atlanta wanted to do something similar for the Falcons in the Super Bowl with the Georgia Dome as a last hurrah before it's torn down, but the NFL and Fox wouldn't allow it.
Why would it matter?
With the nfl I get it...they have regional broadcasts, etc.
we will be the only game on...what difference would it make?

Why would it matter?
With the nfl I get it...they have regional broadcasts, etc.
we will be the only game on...what difference would it make?
And the Super Bowl was the only game on as well. No regional broadcasts.

But I believe that insofar as the NFL/Fox NCAA/CBS are concerned, such is irrelevant. If the contract allowed, my guess is that they would charge USC a handsome fee for showing the game.

I'm sure if you contacted the NCAA, the NFL, FOX, CBS, or the local affiliates, they could give you a better answer. Probably the program director at the local affiliates would be easier to contact and would give you a good answer.

And the Super Bowl was the only game on as well. No regional broadcasts.

But I believe that insofar as the NFL/Fox NCAA/CBS are concerned, such is irrelevant. If the contract allowed, my guess is that they would charge USC a handsome fee for showing the game.

I'm sure if you contacted the NCAA, the NFL, FOX, CBS, or the local affiliates, they could give you a better answer. Probably the program director at the local affiliates would be easier to contact and would give you a good answer.

And public broadcast or retransmission with out the expressed written blah blah blah. I think it's in that thing they say near the end of every game.

Watching on the big screen sounds great! Easier and cheaper than going to Phoenix, i.e. lost ticket sales. That's why they frown upon that.

And if we don't do this you and a number of other posters on the board will complain about the Athletic Department.

We can all have "great ideas." But just because others go another way doesn't make them wrong.

And public broadcast or that's funnyretransmission with out the expressed written blah blah blah. I think it's in that thing they say near the end of every game.
Watching on the big screen sounds great! Easier and cheaper than going to Phoenix, i.e. lost ticket sales. That's why they frown upon that.

Are you actually saying that folks who would attend the Final Four would actually cancel their plans to attend if the game were shown on the WB big screen? Now that right there's funny, I don't care where you're from.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
No, Wally, but there just might be some fans deciding whether to go to Phoenix or stay here for the spring game. Having the final four added to the spring game might help them make up their mind...

At this point I'm still deciding whether to stay home this weekend and watch it on tv or travel to Columbia to watch with a big Gamecock crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT