ADVERTISEMENT

Why should we harbor ill feelings toward Monte Lee

Brooster

Sep 19, 2010
if he were to consider coming back. Clemtech gladly took in the fat bradster when he needed a home.

Hypothetical

I don't like that idea, not one bit, little brother takes our hand-me downs, not the other way around. You need to go back to the drawing board, so to speak, andvrethink that notion. That violates the natural order of the universe.

J-_OsPci_400x400.jpg

I'll post a picture and we'll play "why should we harbor ill feelings toward Monte Lee." See how many reasons you can find

I was raised to love thy neighbor, but I see there are certain restrictions. Must be in the fine print.

I was raised to love thy neighbor, but I see there are certain restrictions. Must be in the fine print.

I can respect that, and of course I love Monte Lee in the Christian sense, but I hate him in the healthy way someone should hate a rival. It's not that difficult of concept, Broo. Plus every Lee I've ever met was tater.

Most coaches love the game not the team. Hard to explain unless you've ever been a coach
I was assistant coach of church softball team. That's the extent of my coaching . Hard to imagine a coach telling his team he didn't love them, just the game.

Reactions: VirgilCaine
I was assistant coach of church softball team. That's the extent of my coaching . Hard to imagine a coach telling his team he didn't love them, just the game.

Maybe I wasn't very clear. I guess a better way to put it is that when you are in coaching your loyalty to a certain institution is not as strong as your loyalty to the game. I would say that is especially true of baseball.

Maybe I wasn't very clear. I guess a better way to put it is that when you are in coaching your loyalty to a certain institution is not as strong as your loyalty to the game. I would say that is especially true of baseball.
I always thought it was about the team and the comraderie of coaching staff and players competing to achieve a common goal. I would think that most athletes and coaches,during competition,don't even think about being loyal to the game.

J-_OsPci_400x400.jpg

I'll post a picture and we'll play "why should we harbor ill feelings toward Monte Lee." See how many reasons you can find

That purple and orange is two. Good lord, what a color combination. It's like somebody saw an eggplant and pumpkin laying next to each other in a ditch and thought that was beautiful.

Wonder if he's got a Yeti sticker on his pickup.

I see your point, and understand it, but I think if what we heard about the way Holbrook talked to/treated players was true , it was clear he viewed the players as tools to promote his career , and loved what they could do for him. He didn't seem to care about them as people. Its become obvious that the vast majority of the players did not enjoy playing for him. We all heard the reason Brian Bucsher was fired was because he stood between Holbrook and player he called a "wasted scholarship".

Last edited:
That purple and orange is two. Good lord, what a color combination. It's like somebody saw an eggplant and pumpkin laying next to each other in a ditch and thought that was beautiful.

Answer key:
-Purple
-Orange
-Paw
-Rounded C
-Clemson

Not pictured: white cleats

I always thought it was about the team and the comraderie of coaching staff and players competing to achieve a common goal. I would think that most athletes and coaches,during competition,don't even think about being loyal to the game.[/
[QUOTE=

Okay this is a tough one to explain. When you are coaching all that stuff you say is true. However the institution that you represent while coaching is not of that much importance.

I see your point, and understand it, but I think if what we heard about the way Holbrook talked/treated players was true , it was clear he viewed the players as tools to promote his career , and loved what they could do for him. He didn't seem to care about them as people. Its become obvious that the vast majority of the players did not enjoy playing for him. We all heard the reason Brian Bucsher was fired was because he stood between Holbrook and player he called a "wasted scholarship".

There are plenty of Tanner stories just like that. Don't think Holbrook has a copyright on the self promotion thing. Tanner promised many a kid the moon only to kick them to the curb before they ever saw the field. That's the ugly part of college sports. Saw it first-hand and it turns you off to the whole thing

BEDAZZLED white cleats. I kid you not.

I'll add - that certain word in the Paw on the back of their lids. I really thought he would have done away with that foolishness.

Yes those white cleats are awful. They don't look like they've changed uniform since the 60s

There are plenty of Tanner stories just like that. Don't think Holbrook has a copyright on the self promotion thing. Tanner promised many a kid the moon only to kick them to the curb before they ever saw the field. That's the ugly part of college sports. Saw it first-hand and it turns you off to the whole thing

I'm sure you're right about that, but it's a lot easier to accept and tolerate you're winning

Yes those white cleats are awful. They don't look like they've changed uniform since the 60s
It's not just the white. It's the bright orange glitter/sparkly crap that they have added to them. I mean really... Who does that? There's no glitter in baseball!!!!

Of course we have a Tiger to thank for the flat bill nonsense too. Damn you, Khalil Greene (with 3 Es).

I'm sure you're right about that, but it's a lot easier to accept and tolerate you're winning

As a fan you are correct. As a young man who has worked his whole life on his game and has only four years of eligibility, it can be devastating and disappointing. Unfortunately it happens at most all big schools. So much pressure to win and so much pressure for the almighty dollar

Reactions: rogue cock

Prolly has name on his license plate.

I see your point, and understand it, but I think if what we heard about the way Holbrook talked to/treated players was true , it was clear he viewed the players as tools to promote his career , and loved what they could do for him. He didn't seem to care about them as people. Its become obvious that the vast majority of the players did not enjoy playing for him. We all heard the reason Brian Bucsher was fired was because he stood between Holbrook and player he called a "wasted scholarship".
Since Holbroken didn't care about his players as people, as you say, can we at least say he was loyal to the game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT