ADVERTISEMENT

Will Clemson go on probation now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me say this to my Gamecock fans. All I have heard this week, all week, morning,noon,evening and at night in Greenville SC, news 4, is Clemson. Those who are not in the upstate, it is bad. The parade this morning on TV, from Clemson SC, one speaker open up with this comment "here we are again, the last time we meet in death Valley, we beat an SEC team, University of South Carolina, 56-7". People, Gamecock fans in SC, especially Columbia SC, they are laughing at us. One Clemson fan told me that their coach, not calling a name, said Gamecocks will always settle for 7-8-9 or 10 wins and we will never accomplish what they accomplished. Basically said, unless Gamecocks win a National Champion, we need to shut the hell up now. Muschamp, Pestides, Tanner, our university sports,especially football is considered a joke in upstate SC, Greenville, Spartanburg, Clemson.

They won't get busted because of what (didn't) happen to UNC. I'm no Clemmons fan, but if i were them, I would tell the NCAA to eat a $&@" if they came snooping around, plus, they've skated for years since the late 80's on, when Becky whatsherface? was in with the NCAA.

The NCAA will surely be watching us with an eagle eye for the next time Sin wants to puff puff pass, or a private hotel wants to charge whatever the funk they want to their USC guests. Even if they aren't, our powers will run the programs as such, further hamstringing us against every other program that does whatever they want

Let me say this to my Gamecock fans. All I have heard this week, all week, morning,noon,evening and at night in Greenville SC, news 4, is Clemson. Those who are not in the upstate, it is bad. The parade this morning on TV, from Clemson SC, one speaker open up with this comment "here we are again, the last time we meet in death Valley, we beat an SEC team, University of South Carolina, 56-7". People, Gamecock fans in SC, especially Columbia SC, they are laughing at us. One Clemson fan told me that their coach, not calling a name, said Gamecocks will always settle for 7-8-9 or 10 wins and we will never accomplish what they accomplished. Basically said, unless Gamecocks win a National Champion, we need to shut the hell up now. Muschamp, Pestides, Tanner, our university sports,especially football is considered a joke in upstate SC, Greenville, Spartanburg, Clemson.
I couldn't have summed it up better myself.

NCAA won't bother checking on what they're doing now, because it involves a church. Clem bag men have been "tithing," if you will, large sums of money to New Spring. New Spring, as a part of its "outreach ministries," has been "helping" these "less fortunate" recruits & their families. It is an awesome laundering racket, & quite frankly, I'm jealous of it. No chance under the sun the NCAA asks for permission to nose around in a church's financials. Clem now has the perfect system set up to buy the players they want.

All I am saying is, in Greenville upstate, Clemson fans have Christmas and New Year with this win. We can't talk no S until we get a Championship. Gamecock fans have to demand change! Even if we beat them 1-2 or 3 years in a row in the future, we can talk S without a Championship. We need to win the East first. Damn shame we let the previous coach hurt us like this. When he brought wins to the school, we got comfortable, praised him, no involvement with what was going on with recruitment. Settled for what we had, until the 3 wins, then, Gamecocks woke up from settling on previous 8-9 wins. Clemson, never satisfied, continued to recruit and work hard. EVENTUALLY, lead to a Championship. Our culture must change. All our talk on this site must, and should be heard by the coaches and staff. Otherwise, it is just a gossip site with no value or have any weight for change.

NCAA won't bother checking on what they're doing now, because it involves a church. Clem bag men have been "tithing," if you will, large sums of money to New Spring. New Spring, as a part of its "outreach ministries," has been "helping" these "less fortunate" recruits & their families. It is an awesome laundering racket, & quite frankly, I'm jealous of it. No chance under the sun the NCAA asks for permission to nose around in a church's financials. Clem now has the perfect system set up to buy the players they want.
Man read this back to yourself. Are you serious? I understand being upset about your rival doing well but accusations like that are over the top. If you have proof of what you are saying, I'd love to see it. I guess it has got to be some kind of crazy far fetched story. It can't just be hard work and good coaching. You are embarrassing to most of the gamecocks I know.

Last edited:
After winning the N.C. like in 1981 !!!
I for one believe Clemson starting cheating after we won two straight. Clemson never has done anything without cheating or bending the truth. Clemson is a small insignificant school in Pickens county and should never be able to accomplish very much on the straight and narrow. Don't be fooled into believing all the "ganda" coming out of Tillman.

Wah! scar has been on probation twice in the last decade.

Sure we were........for things like cookies for the players by coaches wives. Giving a kid a ride to the airport when his grandfather died and he had to catch a plane..........or the infamous "whitneygate."

Pales in comparison to the taters post 81 title punishment which also changed the landscape on college football. From agents, to boosters............Clemsux started it all. I watched a special about 10 years ago on "cheating" in college football................the focus was on what the tater boosters did around the 81 title. I kid you not, they referred to the booster paying the two recruits massive amounts of money to wash his car as a "Knoxville business man." It was total facts that can't be denied, yet tater fans treat it like a bi-polar person who can't remember doing anything wrong. Half the crap rules the NCAA makes to this day are thanks to the taters.

So to answer the OP's question............yes, it will most likely happen again. But I would take it in a heartbeat if SC would win the natty.

Our leaders better take that to heart like they did us when we were dominating them just a few years ago! They met & said it would NEVER happen again and, so far, they're right! We need to make this a priority to get our program straight and FOCUS on them in the meantime (beating them will help us win in the SEC - first things first - and it will be a HUGE recruiting asset). We should all KNOW that and stop arguring amongst ourselves about which is MORE important. BOTH are but beating them HAS to take priority now. When we got that monkey off our backs (losing to them) before with Spurrier recruiting got better & we took over (Spurrier just had to quit working which is the ONLY reason we didn't bury them & look where things are now! I hope our leaders take some pride in the fans and take notice of all this humiliation - not just shrug it off like we'll be okay, etc., and react strongly & united or we'll never get it done IMO!

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Clemson football followers and New Spring Church. They love the orange kool aide!

Rod, please stop calling that cult a church.

Is this real, or just speculation? I think Perry Noble is a shyster and find it odd that Dabo cozied up to him. Is there any proof of them funneling money to players and families? That's pretty serious stuff.

Reactions: Da Swami

Not only this /\ /\ /\ But with Dabo moving into his new 20,000 sq.ft. house in Clemson I wonder if the other one on Lake Keowee along with the boats and jet skis will now be left for players only.

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Is this real, or just speculation? I think Perry Noble is a shyster and find it odd that Dabo cozied up to him. Is there any proof of them funneling money to players and families? That's pretty serious stuff.
Don't know....but after the NCAA ruling after investigating Auburn and Cam, it would be the way to do cheat and lessen your chances of getting caught. What the NCAA said about that situation gave schools that wanted to cheat a blueprint to do so. Agree with Noble.

I for one believe Clemson starting cheating after we won two straight. Clemson never has done anything without cheating or bending the truth. Clemson is a small insignificant school in Pickens county and should never be able to accomplish very much on the straight and narrow. Don't be fooled into believing all the "ganda" coming out of Tillman.

I think they have been cheating for 100 plus years. Look at the overall record. Heck there were times they beat us 7 years straight. I agree no way it was all Pitchfork Tillman

Don't know....but after the NCAA ruling after investigating Auburn and Cam, it would be the way to do cheat and lessen your chances of getting caught. What the NCAA said about that situation gave schools that wanted to cheat a blueprint to do so. Agree with Noble.
I thought a booster gave money to Cam's father's church. There was nothing about his church then distributing money to players or their families. That is easy to track, and doesn't involve some deep cover investigation of church books. If that's what Newspring is doing, it'd be EASY to uncover, which is why this sounds like nothing more than wishful speculation to me.

Reactions: DanndyKabba
I thought a booster gave money to Cam's father's church. There was nothing about his church then distributing money to players or their families. That is easy to track, and doesn't involve some deep cover investigation of church books. If that's what Newspring is doing, it'd be EASY to uncover, which is why this sounds like nothing more than wishful speculation to me.
The NCAA wouldn't get involved in the distributions from the church. Church's are, forgive the pun, "sacred cows" when it comes to investigations...even from official authorities. NCAA has no subpoena power...all they can do is ask for voluntary release of records. They will do that from a school, but not a church that doesn't come under NCAA guidelines. It would be almost impossible to trace unless it was a state or federal investigation with the power to subpoena and depose...and you'd better have some damned good evidence before bringing that request to a judge.

And as for contributions, unless someone spills the beans, good luck finding out who contributed and how much. You'd pretty much have to get the churches IRS filings...good luck on that one.

Had a player tell me yesterday at another SC college that Dabo paid $1000 for unofficials and that he told best players to name their price. He said that Clemson doesn't even attempt to cover their ass. My response: you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.
Another SC college? Was it Furman, Wofford, Citadel, CSU, SC State, etc? So Clemson is paying FCS level players $1,000 to visit? Sounds legit.

It does sound legit. Do you think every kid that makes an unofficial to Clemson lands at a BCS school?
LOL. No, but for them to be paid $1,000 just to visit they would at least have to be good enough to have an FBS offer. You are saying Clemson is paying $1,000 to kids they aren't even offering. Do you even realize how ridiculous that sounds? No school is going to risk probation for a kid that isn't even offer worthy. At least come up with a more believable lie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT