ADVERTISEMENT

Will Clemson go on probation now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Clempson would ever get caught doing anything worse than UNC and UNC hasn't been touched (that is unless they play Clempson in football again and they will be 'touched')[/QUOTE

Plus, the Taters got smart and started using a church for player benefits. NCAA would never look at a church....see Cam Newton.

I thought a booster gave money to Cam's father's church. There was nothing about his church then distributing money to players or their families. That is easy to track, and doesn't involve some deep cover investigation of church books. If that's what Newspring is doing, it'd be EASY to uncover, which is why this sounds like nothing more than wishful speculation to me.

Why would it be easy? A church can give money to whoever they wish. NCAA has no subpoena power, so they cannot audit the books. A school gives a charitable donation to a church and the church can give to needy families. If they have a 5 star linebacker in the household, so what?

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Why would it be easy? A church can give money to whoever they wish. NCAA has no subpoena power, so they cannot audit the books. A school gives a charitable donation to a church and the church can give to needy families. If they have a 5 star linebacker in the household, so what?
This is trying WAY too hard. The old tried-and-true method of a bagman delivering $ directly to a recruit is far more efficient. Why would anybody even bother with a church? Recruits and players are paid at every D1 school by undergound boosters. It happens. At Clemson. At USC. At Florida, and Bama, and Ole Miss. Some more than others, obviously. And 99.97% of the time, nobody ever knows about the transaction. And in the vast majority of cases, the coaching staffs, and particularly the head coaches, aren't directly involved at ALL with these transactions and side deals. The notable exception here would be Hugh Freeze--I'd bet my house that guy has spent the last 5 years directing traffic and making phone calls to wealthy boosters. In the national championship game, I'll guarantee every star player on either sideline has/had received illegal benefits, and I'd also bet whatever you're willing to wager, even if it's unprovable, that neither Saban nor Swinney have any direct knowledge of what or how those benefits occurred. They're both aware that it happens, and even further, that their success largely depends on those things happening. But they don't control it.

This theory is nice and all, but man...completely unnecessary. Paying players and recruits isn't difficult and doesn't require complex schemes.

I have know idea if CU is paying players...but I do find it interesting that many 5 star/top 100 recruit drive by FL, FSU, UA, AU, UGA, GTU to get to CU. Of course I had many a CU fan say USC got Alshon, Gilmore, Lattimore, Clowney...I guess they do not understand these 5 stars lived in SC.

The other thing I find very interesting of the big $$ Clemson fans I know, most of them have a personal relationship with Dabo. They talk about it in general terms...talking with Dabo at my lake house (Reserve at Lake Keowee) and player x,y,z was cool to hang with on my boat, was at a larger CU donor/fan house party in Quail Hollow (hole 14 or 15) after the Wells Fargo golf tournament and Dabo was talking how great this player looking in Spring practice, with them usually mentioning that this recruit and/or this player was having great time at the party too.

Is Dabo smart to do this...hell yes. But I can not help but think there is a correlation with 5 stars and many top 100 coming to CU (specially from GA and FL) and the relationship Dabo has with wealthy CU fans.

Last edited:
This is trying WAY too hard. The old tried-and-true method of a bagman delivering $ directly to a recruit is far more efficient. Why would anybody even bother with a church? Recruits and players are paid at every D1 school by undergound boosters. It happens. At Clemson. At USC. At Florida, and Bama, and Ole Miss. Some more than others, obviously. And 99.97% of the time, nobody ever knows about the transaction. And in the vast majority of cases, the coaching staffs, and particularly the head coaches, aren't directly involved at ALL with these transactions and side deals. The notable exception here would be Hugh Freeze--I'd bet my house that guy has spent the last 5 years directing traffic and making phone calls to wealthy boosters. In the national championship game, I'll guarantee every star player on either sideline has/had received illegal benefits, and I'd also bet whatever you're willing to wager, even if it's unprovable, that neither Saban nor Swinney have any direct knowledge of what or how those benefits occurred. They're both aware that it happens, and even further, that their success largely depends on those things happening. But they don't control it.

This theory is nice and all, but man...completely unnecessary. Paying players and recruits isn't difficult and doesn't require complex schemes.

I agree for most part. Most people would have to be naive to think it doesnt go on almost everywhere. With that said, Clemson has always been a "do whatever it takes" kind of school when it comes to football. Rules do not impede them. As a fan there are some who are ok with that. History has shown they are willing to break rules. Heck the NCAA has also proven they are not interested in enforcing them either. Well if they do it is in a VERY selective manner.

In addition it makes perfect sense that a coach like Dabo doesnt want to pay players or at least through normal channels. If players get pay not from the boosters, that takes away the advantage they may have of boosters opening their wallets. Spurrier was for paying players.

They have 2 more 5 stars coming. One from Indiana and I'm not sure about the one for 2017 class. People, 2 five star quarterbacks. To clemsom. Is this Iptay at work? Why are they coming from far away to Clemson. What's going on.
Let's see, why would they possibly want to go to one of the most successful and high profile programs in college football? If I was a good player, I wouldn't look at the top, most successful programs at all. That would be crazy. LOL. Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

What QB wouldn't want to go play QB at a school who has the most prolific QB in the country the last two years. Who wouldn't want to play in the playoffs multiple times and be a Heisman finalist. Only an idiot would want to go to a school that doesn't demonstrate the ability to give them those opportunities.

Only Alabama has more consecutive 10 win seasons than Clemson. Clemson has 6 In a row and is averaging over 11 wins a season the last 6 years.

Only 3 teams - Alabama, Ohio St, and Clemson have been to the playoffs multiple times. What kid wants to play in the playoffs? Better yet, who wants to play for multiple national titles?

What kid wants to get a good education when they go to school? Clemson ranks 2nd in academics only to Stanford among teams ranked in the top 25. Click here to see link to Time article. If you want to be good at football and get a good education, Clemson is one of your top 2 choices. Dabo also graduates his players and has only had 6 players leave without a degree in his 8 years at Clemson. Every single early entrant into this year's draft will have their degree.

What player doesn't want to play in the NFL? If you are a top flight 4 or 5 star talent, you want to play for a coach who will get you there. Dabo Swinney is one of the top 2 coaches in the country at placing 4 & 5 star players he signs in the NFL. Link to article with stats here. And keep in mind that he is probably going to ascend to #1 on that list this year after he adds as many as 4 first round picks in this years upcoming draft. This will be the 5th year in a row with at least 1 first round pick. And again, we may have as many as 4 first rounders in this year's draft alone.

So we have covered winning, academics, and getting drafted. What else does a recruit want for? How about facilities that they get to enjoy while in college? Well on signing day Clemson is opening the top football facility in all of college football. It is the elite facility in all of college football.

And finally, on top of all of that, Clemson has a stable coaching staff and a stable head coach who is considered one of the top 3 coaches in America. Clemson has a staff full of coaches who are players coaches and who love Clemson. You asked about QBs, well 4 of Clemson's 5 offensive coaches are Clemson alums, including both offensive coordinators. The only guy who isn't an alum is from the state of SC and grew up following Clemson. Clemson is more than just a job for these coaches. They are invested because they played there and want to be there. They have poured their own blood and sweat into the program. Players don't have to worry about who will be coaching them before they leave.

Nothing I posted above is subjective rhetoric. It is fact backed by links. Dabo has built a big time program with a LOT to sell recruits on. He doesn't have to buy players. If it makes you feel better to imply differently and make crazy claims about paying FCS players $1k just for an unofficial visit, or funneling money through a church, go right ahead. It won't get you any closer to us, it will just make you sound silly.

Last edited:
Let's see, why would they possibly want to go to one of the most successful and high profile programs in college football? If I was a good player, I wouldn't look at the top, most successful programs at all. That would be crazy. LOL. Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

What QB wouldn't want to go play QB at a school who has the most prolific QB in the country the last two years. Who wouldn't want to play in the playoffs multiple times and be a Heisman finalist. Only an idiot would want to go to a school that doesn't demonstrate the ability to give them those opportunities.

Only Alabama has more consecutive 10 win seasons than Clemson. Clemson has 6 In a row and is averaging over 11 wins a season the last 6 years.

Only 3 teams - Alabama, Ohio St, and Clemson have been to the playoffs multiple times. What kid wants to play in the playoffs? Better yet, who wants to play for multiple national titles?

What kid wants to get a good education when they go to school? Clemson ranks 2nd in academics only to Stanford among teams ranked in the top 25. Click here to see link to Time article. If you want to be good at football and get a good education, Clemson is one of your top 2 choices. Dabo also graduates his players and has only had 6 players leave without a degree in his 8 years at Clemson. Every single early entrant into this year's draft will have their degree.

What player doesn't want to play in the NFL? If you are a top flight 4 or 5 star talent, you want to play for a coach who will get you there. Dabo Swinney is one of the top 2 coaches in the country at placing 4 & 5 star players he signs in the NFL. Link to article with stats here. And keep in mind that he is probably going to ascend to #1 on that list this year after he adds as many as 4 first round picks in this years upcoming draft. This will be the 5th year in a row with at least 1 first round pick. And again, we may have as many as 4 first rounders in this year's draft alone.

So we have covered winning, academics, and getting drafted. What else does a recruit want for? How about facilities that they get to enjoy while in college? Well on signing day Clemson is opening the top football facility in all of college football. It is the elite facility in all of college football.

And finally, on top of all of that, Clemson has a stable coaching staff and a stable head coach who is considered one of the top 3 coaches in America. Clemson has a staff full of coaches who are players coaches and who love Clemson. You asked about QBs, well 4 of Clemson's 5 offensive coaches are Clemson alums, including both offensive coordinators. The only guy who isn't an alum is from the state of SC and grew up following Clemson. Clemson is more than just a job for these coaches. They are invested because they played there and want to be there. They have poured their own blood and sweat into the program. Players don't have to worry about who will be coaching them before they leave.

Nothing I posted above is subjective rhetoric. It is fact backed by links. Dabo has built a big time program with a LOT to sell recruits on. He doesn't have to buy players. If it makes you feel better to imply differently and make crazy claims about paying FCS players $1k just for an unofficial visit, or funneling money through a church, go right ahead. It won't get you any closer to us, it will just make you sound silly.
WTF....if you actually believe that Clemson has better academics than Michigan, Ohio State, Georgia, Florida or quite a few others, there is absolutely NO help for you. Read the criteria for that article....Clemson gets "bonus points" whatever the hell that is for athletes graduating at the same rate as the general student population. You get penalized if your athletes graduate at a higher rate....despite all the help they receive that the general student population does not. If that's not bogus, I don't know what is.

Yes, went a couple of time...because my daughter was attending with her friends. I didn't like it, thought it was poorly theologically based...more of a feel good, self improvement type of celebration. Had no idea at the time there was any affiliation with Clemson. She is allowed to go occasionally but not exclusively...she has to attend church with me at least two Sundays each month and her friends are welcome to join her.
Why is a church having an affiliation with a church ? Do people believe GOD cares about a football team or who wins a football game ? If a preacher is talking about a football game when he is suppose to talk and live the word of god I would find it hard to believe anything he had to say.

Why is a church having an affiliation with a church ? Do people believe GOD cares about a football team or who wins a football game ? If a preacher is talking about a football game when he is suppose to talk and live the word of god I would find it hard to believe anything he had to say.

My bad Why is a church having an affiliation with a football team?

You talk a lot garbage, in a conference that you will always have a cake walk, disrespect minorities with Tillman hall. You talk like a damn fool, try to compare Clemson with Alabama and other top schools. Please, in that back wood town. 2nd in academics. Please, you talk foolish.

Multiple times, he'll Alabama has been 16 times and will go 2017

Better yet, Danny,Ford cheated, quarterback never came to class.payed players money (should have been on probation). Harmon Jordan. Watson did not have to be developed, his talent was natural. Clemson did not have do anything. A one and life time quarter back. You want get another one. Also, you talk about academics at Clemson been second to Sanford,, Clemson will not be a Ivy League school. Clemson lowered the academics to get players some years back. So, you would love to be ivy league but you can't have it both ways. Sorry.

You don't know science, you only have an understanding

choofed.gif

You talk a lot garbage, in a conference that you will always have a cake walk, disrespect minorities with Tillman hall. You talk like a damn fool, try to compare Clemson with Alabama and other top schools. Please, in that back wood town. 2nd in academics. Please, you talk foolish.
Whatever... Clemson played the #1 most difficult schedule in the country this year. They were only the 6th team in NCAA history to win a national title while also playing the most difficult schedule.

The ACC was also the best football conference this year. You can try and convince yourself otherwise, but it is simply the truth. The ACC was 10-4 head to head against the SEC and 6-2 vs. the Big10. Even more, the ACC was also 9-3 in bowl games. But most impressive is the fact that ACC teams beat the top 3 Big10 teams head to head and the ACC also beat the top 3 SEC teams head to head. That is simply a fact. The SEC had a losing record out of conference against other power 5 schools and a losing record in bowls.

I know it hurts seeing the last bit of hope you had to cling to in football (conference pride) go out the window. But the SEC has fallen behind. It was no better than 3rd this year among conferences and arguably 4th or 5th and that would only be thanks to the SEC West, which you don't even play in. The SEC East was ranked 10th among all divisions.

What I posted is correct. Clemson is the king of college football right now. They are the champs. They are a football power. And thanks in part to Clemson, the ACC passed the SEC in football as a conference this year. You can try and disparage the ACC because it makes you feel good, but if you do even a little research you will realize it just makes you sound ignorant.

Here's something for you to click and chew on if you think the SEC is still ahead of the ACC... Cowherd ranks top 10 ACC/SEC coaches and only 2 SEC coaches make the list.

Last edited:
Better yet, Danny,Ford cheated, quarterback never came to class.payed players money (should have been on probation). Harmon Jordan. Watson did not have to be developed, his talent was natural. Clemson did not have do anything. A one and life time quarter back. You want get another one. Also, you talk about academics at Clemson been second to Sanford,, Clemson will not be a Ivy League school. Clemson lowered the academics to get players some years back. So, you would love to be ivy league but you can't have it both ways. Sorry.
Is Sanford an Ivy League school?

Reactions: TigerOnTheRidge
Never herd a lick about Clemsin's academics until our little streak. They aren't even top 5 in the ACC. Let me break it down for you. I used to work at a large financial company in Charlottesville, with about 5-6 interns from UVa, and every one of these obviously smart, high GPA, high SAT kids never mentioned Clemsin, they didn't need to. UVa accepts less than 30% of approximately 14k applicants, and many of those denied still could've been accepted to various "elite" schools in the US. I know, my better half went there. The interns talking grad school? Georgetown, Berkeley, Northwestern, and these weren't pipe dreams. No one among the academic elite (students and Universities) think that about Clemsin. Sorry, you do have a recent NC, be happy.

Last edited:
Oh yes, please, please, please "validate" our national championship!! It means nothing unless gamecock fans approve of it!

Whatever makes you feel better...

That is only logical explanation why you losers are here. If you didn't care what we thought you wouldn't be here. That's why I don't hang out on your boards. I don't care what your fans think.

Whatever... Clemson played the #1 most difficult schedule in the country this year. They were only the 6th team in NCAA history to win a national title while also playing the most difficult schedule.

The ACC was also the best football conference this year. You can try and convince yourself otherwise, but it is simply the truth. The ACC was 10-4 head to head against the SEC and 6-2 vs. the Big10. Even more, the ACC was also 9-3 in bowl games. But most impressive is the fact that ACC teams beat the top 3 Big10 teams head to head and the ACC also beat the top 3 SEC teams head to head. That is simply a fact. The SEC had a losing record out of conference against other power 5 schools and a losing record in bowls.

I know it hurts seeing the last bit of hope you had to cling to in football (conference pride) go out the window. But the SEC has fallen behind. It was no better than 3rd this year among conferences and arguably 4th or 5th and that would only be thanks to the SEC West, which you don't even play in. The SEC East was ranked 10th among all divisions.

What I posted is correct. Clemson is the king of college football right now. They are the champs. They are a football power. And thanks in part to Clemson, the ACC passed the SEC in football as a conference this year. You can try and disparage the ACC because it makes you feel good, but if you do even a little research you will realize it just makes you sound ignorant.

Here's something for you to click and chew on if you think the SEC is still ahead of the ACC... Cowherd ranks top 10 ACC/SEC coaches and only 2 SEC coaches make the list.

Hahahaha. Cake walk conference. Try again. We won in a year the ACC was better than the SEC. On top of that we had one of the toughest schedules in the country. It is blinders and like this that will always leave USC behind. The mentality that others cheat and that's why they are succeeding is exactly what will keep your program from ever making the leap to a top team. To busy worried about everyone else, making excuses etc. I've always said we have the best rival in the country. Just delusional enough to have hope every year. Then we get to come in and crush that dream. Has been so much fun year in and year out. Thank you for your delusions!

Clemson's meteoric rise in recruiting started 6 years ago. Funny how their faux NC in 1981 came about with a meteoric rise in recruiting that started after SC had won 2 in a row beating them badly in 1975. That's (you guessed it) 6 years prior to the '81 title. Hmmmm.

Hahahaha. Cake walk conference. Try again. We won in a year the ACC was better than the SEC. On top of that we had one of the toughest schedules in the country. It is blinders and like this that will always leave USC behind. The mentality that others cheat and that's why they are succeeding is exactly what will keep your program from ever making the leap to a top team. To busy worried about everyone else, making excuses etc. I've always said we have the best rival in the country. Just delusional enough to have hope every year. Then we get to come in and crush that dream. Has been so much fun year in and year out. Thank you for your delusions!
October

Yes, you cheat and pay players. Reason IPTAY was suspended for 3 years. Don't you lie, you know it. Secondly, Clemson lowered their academics several years ago, so that players can come there. SO, DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO RATE CLEMSON TO STANFORD. YOU HAVE LOST YOUR DAMN MINE!

It's not "delusional" that you're over here STILL worried about what we're saying rather than spending your time enjoying your greatest moment ever! While you're trolling along over here, was it "delusional" RECENTLY when we won BACK-TO-BACK National Championships of our own in baseball & in football (your love, passion, & entire life 24/7) when we dominated you 5 in a row? The one & only reason you weren't buried then was plain & simply Spurrier decided to rest on his laurels (believed the recruits would still come base on his name) & quit working! Otherwise, there'd be a whole different situation and, MOST LIKELY, no more Dabo or 5-star recruits, and YOU'D be the one scrambling, struggling, & rebuilding! So, who's "busy worried about everyone else"? You are for being over now. You're set "for now" with a HUGE boost from our former coach and we'll be coming back. No "delusions" there!

It's not "delusional" that you're over here STILL worried about what we're saying rather than spending your time enjoying your greatest moment ever! While you're trolling along over here, was it "delusional" RECENTLY when we won BACK-TO-BACK National Championships of our own in baseball & in football (your love, passion, & entire life 24/7) when we dominated you 5 in a row? The one & only reason you weren't buried then was plain & simply Spurrier decided to rest on his laurels (believed the recruits would still come base on his name) & quit working! Otherwise, there'd be a whole different situation and, MOST LIKELY, no more Dabo or 5-star recruits, and YOU'D be the one scrambling, struggling, & rebuilding! So, who's "busy worried about everyone else"? You are for being over now. You're set "for now" with a HUGE boost from our former coach and we'll be coming back. No "delusions" there!
That's a bit of a stretch to claim that Spurrier was in control of whether or not Dabo was successful as a coach. He might have had some influence or some impact in the form of recruiting and signing a player or two that Clemson ended up with (Mike Williams, for example), but "the one & only reason"? C'mon. That's taking a little too much credit.

All I am saying is, in Greenville upstate, Clemson fans have Christmas and New Year with this win. We can't talk no S until we get a Championship. Gamecock fans have to demand change! Even if we beat them 1-2 or 3 years in a row in the future, we can talk S without a Championship. We need to win the East first. Damn shame we let the previous coach hurt us like this. When he brought wins to the school, we got comfortable, praised him, no involvement with what was going on with recruitment. Settled for what we had, until the 3 wins, then, Gamecocks woke up from settling on previous 8-9 wins. Clemson, never satisfied, continued to recruit and work hard. EVENTUALLY, lead to a Championship. Our culture must change. All our talk on this site must, and should be heard by the coaches and staff. Otherwise, it is just a gossip site with no value or have any weight for change.
So, when are you going to start your church? How much of your money are you going to "Donate" to "charity"?

Wow! More delusions. (Clemson is only good because Spurrier sucked). I love it. Actually came over here last night for the entertainment value. Boy did that pay off. Man this is fun to watch. Enjoy your dumpster fire! I know I am.

October

Yes, you cheat and pay players. Reason IPTAY was suspended for 3 years. Don't you lie, you know it. Secondly, Clemson lowered their academics several years ago, so that players can come there. SO, DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO RATE CLEMSON TO STANFORD. YOU HAVE LOST YOUR DAMN MINE!
Ok so let me get this straight. Clemson is cheating. Only reason they could be successful. Got it. (Have seen zero evidence of this). Didn't say anything about Stanford or academics in my post so...... Not sure how you want me to respond.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT