ADVERTISEMENT

Will the 12th game matter?

castlesl

Aug 4, 2006
Correct me if i am wrong, but we have to have 6 wins and can count 1 FCS school win, correct? Do we have to beat both Ole Piss and TN to have a chance? We beat Vandy, Mizzou and Costal,

We have UF (don’t like our odds), TN (toss up), Ole Piss (i like our chances), CU (doubtful) and then Chattangooga.

We won’t be able to count Chattanooga b/c we are counting costal. Assume the 12th game we will win and it counts. We have to beat 2 of either UF, CU, TN and Ole Miss.

I am off on this?

If CleMson curb stomps us again how many people will be at the 12th game
Honestly I think they're teasing us with this whole 12th game thing. They already gave refunds, haven't heard anymore about it.

Bowl eligiblity will come down to whether they beat Ole Miss.

Pending wins against Chattanooga and a win against an inferior 12 game team

We will probably need to add a 12th game to get to 6. And we have to do it and I'm sure the SEC will make us.

Funniest part of 12 game is tanner was waiting to see if we be in Sec champ game before scheduling 12 th game. If he didn’t know are ass wouldn’t be in Atlanta he is clueless

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
If we can get to 6 or more wins with a 12th game, gotta do it. Heck, I just like football and still love Gamecock Football more than any other kind.

Next summer we’ll all be ready for football again, though probably a little less optimistic. But we’d all want to watch this 12/1 game then.

I don’t think there will be a big crowd at all but it’ll be a fun crowd I’m sure.

Could end up feeling like when we play Georgia Military a few times on Sundays during the Lou Holtz era. That was always so weird we did that. Great to get some young guys in there though. I’d say smaller crowd than the 12/1 but still won’t feel like a pressure-packed regular season game.

Funniest part of 12 game is tanner was waiting to see if we be in Sec champ game before scheduling 12 th game. If he didn’t know are ass wouldn’t be in Atlanta he is clueless

I don’t think Muschamp could coach his team and encourage them to believe and try to work and achieve their goal of getting to Atlanta while we scheduled a game on 12/1. As silly as we all knew it was, you have to try and convince your team you can still get there. Really didn’t hurt us at all to wait. I doubt ECU comes here instead of NC State and that’s about the only game sealed up that we may have gotten. Of course theirs is contingent on them not being in a conference championship game. If anything, credit Tanner and Muschamp for not scheduling someone that way only to see our possible 6th win qualify for a conference championship game and we don’t have a chance to play for bowl eligibility.

Not really. The only reason at this point is to go to some jack leg bowl that nobody watches just so athletic department can throw out the PR spin about going to a bowl every year under Muschamp. And as we all know, anybody with a pulse qualifies for some kind of bowl. Side benefit this year is that such a low level bowl will actually draw an opponent that USC will look good against.

Not really. The only reason at this point is to go to some jack leg bowl that nobody watches just so athletic department can throw out the PR spin about going to a bowl every year under Muschamp. And as we all know, anybody with a pulse qualifies for some kind of bowl. Side benefit this year is that such a low level bowl will actually draw an opponent that USC will look good against.

Actually I think the teams that are less talented seem to fare better in Bowl games. I think that’s why we beat Michigan last season. I think that’s why we lost to UConn and USF in Birmingham. If we don’t show up, we’ll lose another crappy bowl game.

But I’d still rather play in a bowl than not. I’ll watch the game. And I’d rather be a team with a pulse than a team without one a team sitting home during bowl season. It’s good for the players to go to a bowl game.

Actually I think the teams that are less talented seem to fare better in Bowl games. I think that’s why we beat Michigan last season. I think that’s why we lost to UConn and USF in Birmingham. If we don’t show up, we’ll lose another crappy bowl game.

But I’d still rather play in a bowl than not. I’ll watch the game. And I’d rather be a team with a pulse than a team without one a team sitting home during bowl season. It’s good for the players to go to a bowl game.
Michigan was not a good team last year. Look at the teams they beat. No one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT