ADVERTISEMENT

Will The New OC Talk Jake Bentley Into Staying...

USCrown

Jul 31, 2005
Will the new OC talk Jake Bentley into staying another year? I don't know may teams that can absorb the loss of a 4 year starter, and not miss a beat? Heck look at Bama without Tua. I know that we have high expectations for the underclassman and incoming QB, but does anyone else think it is crazy that we will let a senior QB walk without a fight? Especially one that is in our record books? Recruiting Bentley back would be the equivalent of landing a 5 star!

Will the new OC talk Jake Bentley into staying another year? I don't know may teams that can absorb the loss of a 4 year starter, and not miss a beat? Heck look at Bama without Tua. I know that we have high expectations for the underclassman and incoming QB, but does anyone else think it is crazy that we will let a senior QB walk without a fight? Especially one that is in our record books? Recruiting Bentley back would be the equivalent of landing a 5 star!
There is no way in Hell I'm coming back if I am Bentley, regardless of the OC. Fans made it clear he is not wanted in Cola.

Unlikely he would try.

A new OC wouldn’t want to invest time in developing a QB who will only be here 1 season. It would be one thing if Jake has been a lights out QB who could just plug into the system.

How FANTASTIC would this rat hole be if Bobo is hired and talks Jake into staying!!!!! LOL .... excellent suggestion.
I'd rather have this happen than LSU absolutely stomp UGA's azz.

Yeah, I believe Bentley caught a lot of the fans ire, however fans just want to win. I don't think it is a stetch to believe we may have won a couple of more games with our Senior QB (Mizz, UT, App St, etc...). If Bentley were to light it up for his senior season, set a few more records, and lead the team to a bowl winning season...he would be regarded as one of the best QBs in our history!

All I'm saying is that is worth a shot for the new OC to make the pitch...

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Yeah, I believe Bentley caught a lot of the fans ire, however fans just want to win. I don't think it is a stetch to believe we may have won a couple of more games with our Senior QB (Mizz, UT, App St, etc...). If Bentley were to light it up for his senior season, set a few more records, and lead the team to a bowl winning season...he would be regarded as one of the best QBs in our history!

Jake cost us a few games in his career too, with that said, I'd take him back.

This is false. The #NeverChampers do not want to win. They'ed take 100 losses in a row to say they are right about Muschamp, because that's how losers think.
Normal people just want to win games.

Nope. Believe Jake's gone for better or worse. Needs to get away from a Head Coach who has done nothing but torch QB careers with his mindset and meddling. Wish him well.

Jake isnt coming back. And I wouldnt either if in his shoes. He was basically blamed for any disappointments that the team has shown since his freshman year. And probably more hurtful to him was the way his father was attacked by many out of that same frustration. Scar, Hilinski, Joyner, were in some eyes, the only thing preventing USC from vaulting into the nation's elite. Until they weren't. He knows it is time for a fresh start. Cant blame him

In retrospect, Bentley had a couple boneheaded plays, but he is still better than Hillinkski. I think we would have won those games also.

This is false. The #NeverChampers do not want to win. They'ed take 100 losses in a row to say they are right about Muschamp, because that's how losers think.
You know we don't actually play the games, right? And you know really wanting to win or lose games has no bearing on the outcome, right?

Unlikely he would try.

A new OC wouldn’t want to invest time in developing a QB who will only be here 1 season. It would be one thing if Jake has been a lights out QB who could just plug into the system.

Can an OC be found that honestly believes that he will last longer than one season? A year is all they have. Win or lose.
Unless ray and The Champ have decided that the schedule and other factors are good enough excuses to keep him.
I betting on option 2.

I think USC could keep every last one of their starters and still “lose a beat” as long as Muschamp is HC. He’s shown that every component of team development/performance gets worse from one year to the next. If 4-8 is what he can do with his best team, imagine the endless possibilities. Knowing this was his best team is about as much of an indictment on his lack of coaching ability as anyone could need to run him off.

If Bentley stays, I'll eat my hat.

Jake isnt coming back. And I wouldnt either if in his shoes. He was basically blamed for any disappointments that the team has shown since his freshman year. And probably more hurtful to him was the way his father was attacked by many out of that same frustration. Scar, Hilinski, Joyner, were in some eyes, the only thing preventing USC from vaulting into the nation's elite. Until they weren't. He knows it is time for a fresh start. Cant blame him
Part of being a qb. Too much credit when winning and too much blame for losing. I am however disappointed any time our fans boo one of our own. Kind of stupid.

Jake is gone. Very little difference between him and Ryan. Both would be much better QB's with an upgrade on the OL and at WR. Need at least 3 WR's that are very good, and an upgrade in the running game. As it stands right now, we need a very mobile QB, not pocket passer.

Jake is gone. Very little difference between him and Ryan. Both would be much better QB's with an upgrade on the OL and at WR. Need at least 3 WR's that are very good, and an upgrade in the running game. As it stands right now, we need a very mobile QB, not pocket passer.
With Jake Bentley at quarterback we had an intermediate and vertical passing game, both were pretty much non existent with Ryan Hilinski. You had to focus on all the negative things that happened during Jake’s career to come up with that “conclusion.” Cause Bentley is way more polished then Hilinski and he was as a freshman too!

That is idiotic Muschamp has an. 8 year record as a head coach and loser describes that record.

Hilinski is fine. It wasn't until the offensive line started letting him get hit all the time that his accuracy started to faulter. Then he got hurt. I believe he got the yips from being hit so much. If you watch his first 2 games he couldn't have been more accurate. Then the line failed him and he got a little nervous back there. I just hope they didn't do permanent damage to his psyche by letting him get hit so much this year!

Hilinski is fine. It wasn't until the offensive line started letting him get hit all the time that his accuracy started to faulter. Then he got hurt. I believe he got the yips from being hit so much. If you watch his first 2 games he couldn't have been more accurate. Then the line failed him and he got a little nervous back there. I just hope they didn't do permanent damage to his psyche by letting him get hit so much this year!
Of course he was fine the first two games. They were easy, “Especially the CSU game all he had to do was stand in the pocket and play pitch and catch.” That defense couldn’t pressure Clinton’s QB.. Alabama had no tape on Hilinski so it’s no surprise he had success throwing against them, and Charleston Southern isn’t game film so Bama couldn’t rely on that!

Of course he was fine the first two games. They were easy, “Especially the CSU game all he had to do was stand in the pocket and play pitch and catch.” That defense couldn’t pressure Clinton’s QB.. Alabama had no tape on Hilinski so it’s no surprise he had success throwing against them, and Charleston Southern isn’t game film so Bama couldn’t rely on that!
I just don't buy your argument that Alabama had that much trouble with a true freshman QB in his first SEC start because of lack of film. Not Alabama! Hilinski changed after he got the yips! When you can't count on being protected and your run game is nonexistent.....you know you are going to be blitzed and that can kill confidence and accuracy!

I just don't buy your argument that Alabama had that much trouble with a true freshman QB in his first SEC start because of lack of film. Not Alabama! Hilinski changed after he got the yips! When you can't count on being protected and your run game is nonexistent.....you know you are going to be blitzed and that can kill confidence and accuracy!
Just because you don’t buy it doesn’t mean it’s not true. Who did we play the next game Missouri? He was awful that game and he didn’t do anything spectacular against Kentucky either. The only two games after Bama where he completed better than 60 percent of his passes was against Georgia and Vanderbilt. From what I saw the more information that was out on Hilinski the worst his numbers got. Let’s be real here, no quarterback is gonna be successful just throwing the ball side to side and hitting a few slants. You have to be able to deliver the ball downfield, and you need to have a consistent mid-range game if you plan on being successful in the SEC.. I know Ryan was hurt but he played that way in the spring.

I think we will be just as well off with Hillinski. With Bentley what we saw is what we got and he wasent a world beater. We have been having to start young, inexperienced and even walk on QB1s since 2015 so it’s no biggie.
Hilinski will have a year under his belt playing the toughest schedule in college football so I expect him to come back better. If I were the coach his skinny butt would be in the gym right now bulking up- and doing QB drills or whatever it is that they do. And we have that other guy as back up. We more so need to focus on wide receivers and getting some playmakers.

Nope. Believe Jake's gone for better or worse. Needs to get away from a Head Coach who has done nothing but torch QB careers with his mindset and meddling. Wish him well.

Totally agree with this post. Muschamp has been poison for every QB and offense for that matter since he's been head coach.

Just because you don’t buy it doesn’t mean it’s not true. Who did we play the next game Missouri? He was awful that game and he didn’t do anything spectacular against Kentucky either. The only two games after Bama where he completed better than 60 percent of his passes was against Georgia and Vanderbilt. From what I saw the more information that was out on Hilinski the worst his numbers got. Let’s be real here, no quarterback is gonna be successful just throwing the ball side to side and hitting a few slants. You have to be able to deliver the ball downfield, and you need to have a consistent mid-range game if you plan on being successful in the SEC.. I know Ryan was hurt but he played that way in the spring.
And just because you make a statement also doesn't make it true! He was very bad against Mizzou but go back and see how much time he had to throw the ball. Go back and see how many times he got hit in that game. You made my argument for me.

And just because you make a statement also doesn't make it true! He was very bad against Mizzou but go back and see how much time he had to throw the ball. Go back and see how many times he got hit in that game. You made my argument for me.
Gamecocks offense line has really sucked under Elliot and Wolford. Just need better players to commit and stay with there commit. With so many failures under different OL coaches, lol can not put the blame on them the OL coaches. So much Sh%%$3 play just outmatched talent-wise by the opponent defense. Just old mans 2 cents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT