ADVERTISEMENT

Will we hire 'on the cheap'?

This is South Carolina and 'cheap' is in our DNA and history. With a BIG payout in the millions due Muschamp, I just don't see a big name coach in our immediate future, i.e. a Spurrier, a Holtz, etc. - perhaps not even a Carlin or Morrison. We need a HC that knows how to coach and develop young men AND can recruit with the best of coaches, PLUS he needs to know how to hire well. We need a coach who can start work here on the run. I'm hoping.

Ray can't help himself, he will hire on the cheap.

This is South Carolina and 'cheap' is in our DNA and history. With a BIG payout in the millions due Muschamp, I just don't see a big name coach in our immediate future, i.e. a Spurrier, a Holtz, etc. - perhaps not even a Carlin or Morrison. We need a HC that knows how to coach and develop young men AND can recruit with the best of coaches, PLUS he needs to know how to hire well. We need a coach who can start work here on the run. I'm hoping.
You managed to call us cheap and overpaying in the first 2 sentences.

Muschamp will be the highest paid coach on the payroll for years to come. Like Charlie Weis was at Notre Dame years after he was canned.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Because column 1 was against much better teams and in the best division in all of college football. Column 1 was also better results than anyone had ever done at column 1's school in modern history.
And this is when the manner in which column 1's numbers were achieved is relevant. He was cheating significantly and only managed those numbers? IMO, that is far from impressive.

By some craziness they hire Beamer, they need to set precedent by giving him a low contract and a quick out if he is a failure. That'll show you if he really, really wants this job. I'm willing to bet he won't take it.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
By some craziness they hire Beamer, they need to set precedent by giving him a low contract and a quick out if he is a failure. That'll show you if he really, really wants this job. I'm willing to bet he won't take it.
IMO, that would show the administration wouldn't be fully supporting him. If he's hired as the head coach, then he needs the reasonable salary to reflect that. That doesn't mean we have to pay him a salary that is comparable to someone who does have experience, but If we offer to pay him a salary that is well below the norm, then I think that sends a bad message that would quickly make its way through all of the future potential candidates.

IMO, that would show the administration wouldn't be fully supporting him. If he's hired as the head coach, then he needs the reasonable salary to reflect that. That doesn't mean we have to pay him a salary that is comparable to someone who does have experience, but If we offer to pay him a salary that is well below the norm, then I think that sends a bad message that would quickly make its way through all of the future potential candidates.
If he happens to win big, we can always restructure the contract. That's one thing Ray is very adept at, warranted or not.

And this is when the manner in which column 1's numbers were achieved is relevant. He was cheating significantly and only managed those numbers? IMO, that is far from impressive.
It still takes more than 1 year. They won the Sugar Bowl in year 4. Realistically, that's impressive.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

Pay some serious money to a coach that can win here. Some good coach will take the job if Ray pays enough money.

Why if we go cheap on the hire, it might as well be represented in his salary. If he gets double his salary now, that is not cheap. If he wants the job so bad, he should be willing to prove himself. He sure doesn't have anything to say he should be a HC in the SEC.

Well, it worked often for you down on Harden St........didn’t it:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT