ADVERTISEMENT

With all the post about the upcoming football season...

cockymark

Oct 1, 2006
Everyone seems so excited about it. I want to see football again too.....but I am not excited about this years team ..with the schedule and who we have returning i see about 5 or 6 wins...nothing to get excited about....flame away.

Everyone seems so excited about it. I want to see football again too.....but I am not excited about this years team ..with the schedule and who we have returning i see about 5 or 6 wins...nothing to get excited about....flame away.
The schedule will always seem tough if your team sucks. I bet Vandy says they got tough schedules

We are somewhere between 4 & 9 wins. what bothers me is I have no concept of where we are heading or what our identity is. Our MVPs from last year are a DT & punter, so there’s room to grow.

I’m allowing myself to believe we might have a stronger D this year but I am afraid to give to much of myself to the cause until I see something different after the heartache they have given me

With Muschamp I've defaulted to 'show me' mode. I'm encouraged by the additions of Bobo and Kitchens while being ecstatic over Rocker. My question is do they have the stones to tell Muschamp to shut up and stay out of the way. If they are so bold, my usual optimism will spike.

I think BMac was a disaster as OC and had the players performing well below their best level.

If think 7 wins is a real possibility, and if that happens champ will have done a great job.

Reactions: PC31
I'm encouraged by the additions of Bobo and Kitchens while being ecstatic over Rocker. My question is do they have the stones to tell Muschamp to shut up and stay out of the way. If they are so bold, my usual optimism will spike.

Ive read several opinions that Muschamp keeps “getting in the way”, but none of those giving that opinion seem to be able to back it up with facts.

Only thing concrete I can think of is the game he told BMac going into halftime to keep calling a certain running play, because it was working and whoever it was we were playing weren’t adjusting to it.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
Ive read several opinions that Muschamp keeps “getting in the way”, but none of those giving that opinion seem to be able to back it up with facts.

Only thing concrete I can think of is the game he told BMac going into halftime to keep calling a certain running play, because it was working and whoever it was we were playing weren’t adjusting to it.

This is a discussion forum. We are allowed to formulate opinions without wire tapping Muschamps meetings. Maybe we need a FISA warrant before posting our opinions. Hopefully you have a sense of humor to accept my response in the good spirit under which I post.

Funny how same posters seem to always post something negative just so they can say flame away. Lol.
Yes we are coming off 4-8. That’s a known fact
But last year we had a true freshman QB I’m a bad system. Hillinski has the talent though
We have a more experienced O line this year with depth. M Lloyd plus Harris and Fenwick and hopefully White at RB I like that group
The hope is some new guys or returning guys stepping up at WR
On defense we finally have talent / experience returning in secondary
Plus Ernest Jones and s green gives us two quality starters at LB.
DL with Z Pickens. R Standidge. K Thomas J Ellis. D Davis.
Point is as of today no one has a clue how good or bad we may be
Yet some feel need to post things like this to get flamed ? Ok

Reactions: PC31
If think 7 wins is a real possibility, and if that happens champ will have done a great job.
This is Muschamp's 5th season. If we finish the season in the Top 25, Muschamp will have done a good job. If we finish in the Top 20, he will have done a very good job. If we finish in the Top 15, Muschamp will have done a great job.

This is Muschamp's 5th season. If we finish the season in the Top 25, Muschamp will have done a good job. If we finish in the Top 20, he will have done a very good job. If we finish in the Top 15, Muschamp will have done a great job.

I think after this season muschamp LOSES his job... I see 4 wins and the ECU game being the one we need for 5.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it

There is nothing great about 7 wins in Year 5. If he does that, he will be a whopping 2 wins over .500. That is the very definition of mediocre.

Actually, considering many of his wins are padded with the likes of Coastal and Akron and his overall losing record in the SEC, it's not even mediocre.

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
Have to say one other thing. It seems to me that we demand little from our football program. Consequently, we get what we deserve. I know the ACC, top to bottom, is not as strong as the SEC. I get it. I get it. I get it. Regardless, after 5 seasons, Dabo had THREE 10 or more 10 win seasons at clemson. Like I said: I know comparing the SEC to the ACC is "apples and oranges". BUT, in seasons 3, 4 and 5, Dabo had 7.....SEVEN....Top 25 wins, including 3 over SEC teams. I know THAT can be spinned. So, have at it. But, 7 wins by Muschamp this year is a great job? To me, at this point in the Muschamp era, 7 wins is barely acceptable. Muschamp said, at the end of last season, that he would take, the program to where it has never been taken before. Talk is cheap. It's time to produce. I like Muschamp. I like his recent hires. I'm pulling for him. I like him. But, it's time to produce. As Tom Hanks said in the movie "You've Got Mail" when he was running Meg Ryan's little book store out of business: "It's not personal. It's business".

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT