ADVERTISEMENT

With only two starters on defense coming back this year

While I would love for that to happen, I don't think that is plausible. Think back only a few years where Wofford had us on the ropes in the fourth quarter. Our depth is the only thing that got us that win in Willy B. I think Clemson will struggle but in the end they will win by 17.

While I would love for that to happen, I don't think that is plausible. Think back only a few years where Wofford had us on the ropes in the fourth quarter. Our depth is the only thing that got us that win in Willy B. I think Clemson will struggle but in the end they will win by 17.

You might be right but I believe this is the trap game for Clemson and the rest of the season.

I really think that Clemson's defense is horrible worse than ours last year .

Sheesh...We should change this to the Fear The Kittens Forum. Why don't you people find someone else to hate on.?? Georgia and Tennessee suck as bad as Clemmons. The continuous threads, over, and over , and over just get tiresome. Dang.

Sheesh...We should change this to the Fear The Kittens Forum. Why don't you people find someone else to hate on.?? Georgia and Tennessee suck as bad as Clemmons. The continuous threads, over, and over , and over just get tiresome. Dang.
App State is no joke either. They'll score some points.

Reality....people in South Carolina are mostly clemsux or South Carolina fans. They talk it...walk it...breathe it. If we were surrounded by Georgia or Tennessee fans then it might be different...we are not....so there you have it. You can start a Georgia or Tennessee thread and I am sure me and others will join in !

How about we have a Dabo thread, A Clemmons is overrated thread, and Deshawn will get injured thread and sticky them. It's old people. Jeeez...It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't 20 threads bout the same schidt.

How about we have a Dabo thread, A Clemmons is overrated thread, and Deshawn will get injured thread and sticky them. It's old people. Jeeez...It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't 20 threads bout the same schidt.
I will await your fresh new thread about something....anything...lol....even one about we shouldn't have one about clemsux....you are beating this dead horse in this thread alone.....lol....just messing with you. We can't help it....it's an addiction.

Not gonna happen. They are a good team. Cant see them losing more than 2-3 games at most based on schedule. Even with the losses on D I think they will win at least 9 games.

Reactions: 2010tiger

Tater!

Just kidding. I really don't know why I log in to this site so much. I guess I want quick info on my favorite team, but I am forced to sift through thread after thread about my favorite team's rival. It only makes our fans look bad. I can't help myself.

Reactions: garnet fire
Nobody sucks as bad as Clemson. Period!

Reactions: BRJ10
Why are we not talking about UNC, Ga. etc. not Clemson..Clemson...Clemson! We better be concerned about our team getting better more than how the Tigers will do.

Clemson should kick the shiit out of Wofford and App State. No question about it. Having those two cupcake games to start the season is a godsend with the number of inexperienced players we have on the two deep. It will get them some much needed reps. The disadvantage is we'll only know bad things after those games with Louisville serving as the 1st real test.

Personally, I think Clemson's defense will take a couple of steps back this year, but won't be terrible. I think they have a shot to be a top 20 unit. The offense will go as far as DW's health and the OL will take us. If both these games aren't out of hand by middle of the 3rd quarter, I'll be concerned. If Clemson beats them both by 50, it won't mean crap, but we better hold both teams to under 20 and hang 40+ on them or we are going to have some problems.

I can see Wofford beating Clemson... Not able to stop the triple option...
Come on man
anigif_enhanced-2036-1432832844-24.gif

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
Why are we not talking about UNC, Ga. etc. not Clemson..Clemson...Clemson! We better be concerned about our team getting better more than how the Tigers will do.

Because 90% Carolina fans wrote off the season... No QB, Spurrier is old and the game passed him by... We had a shitty recruiting season after Spurrier's comments on 2 or 3 years, our defense sucks and Hoke is a bandaid on the defense... Did I leave out anything on how Carolina fans just poop poop our program???

It really doesnt matter what we talk about its up to Spurrier and the players.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
What is meant by Louisville being the first big test? A playoff worthy team doesn't worry about a team on the road vs the Cardinals. Why Dabo yesterday proclaimed after practice that everyone was outstanding except Watson who was greater, that Clemson has the biggest, strongest and best athletes in the nation, worry about little Louisville, come on man.

Reactions: debordieu cock
At least Friday evening late we can bicker with each other about HS football...ha ha

Clemson should kick the shiit out of Wofford and App State. No question about it. Having those two cupcake games to start the season is a godsend with the number of inexperienced players we have on the two deep. It will get them some much needed reps. The disadvantage is we'll only know bad things after those games with Louisville serving as the 1st real test.

Personally, I think Clemson's defense will take a couple of steps back this year, but won't be terrible. I think they have a shot to be a top 20 unit. The offense will go as far as DW's health and the OL will take us. If both these games aren't out of hand by middle of the 3rd quarter, I'll be concerned. If Clemson beats them both by 50, it won't mean crap, but we better hold both teams to under 20 and hang 40+ on them or we are going to have some problems.

clemson has a very long shot at having a top 20 defense, quit kidding yourself. if they are top 40 that would be a great season for you.

clemson has a very long shot at having a top 20 defense, quit kidding yourself. if they are top 40 that would be a great season for you.

No because the backups were better than the starters last year. They just didnt play.

Wofford will score - I have no doubt of that. But even if Clemson only has 8 possessions, they are going to score on 7 of them... I don't see Wofford scoring that many points. I'd say about 49-21 is best-case scenario.

Clemson very well may kick the stuffing out of Wofford but they better jump on them early. Wofford will move the football and score so don't be surprised if that game goes down to the wire. Wofford brings an old school offense that most FBS schools aren't used to playing against.

Clemson very well may kick the stuffing out of Wofford but they better jump on them early. Wofford will move the football and score so don't be surprised if that game goes down to the wire. Wofford brings an old school offense that most FBS schools aren't used to playing against.

But Clemson plays against it every single year in Ga.Tech

Reactions: TygerDude

IMHO, one of the main things that made Clemson's defense really good last year was the fact that there was very little drop off between the first and second teams. Almost the entire 1st team is gone, but the second team is almost completely back (the big exception is WDE where we don't have an experienced player and I'm worried about it). That gives me hope that the 1st team defense could be pretty good. The second team is where the problems are... there's just not a lot of experience there. Talent? Hell yeah, the 2nd team front 7 will be all blue chip guys, but we simply don't know how they are going to play in games.

So to gamecock_07: Yep, the top 20 prediction is the ceiling for this unit. That's best case. You just aren't going to be the same after losing the guys we did. If injuries hit, it's going to be substantially worse. That being said, we feel like we have a pretty good defensive staff to coach them up. And although no Clemson fan likes to say this, I will: It's a HELL of a lot easier to play in the ACC than it is to play in the SEC. Our defense will have a MUCH easier time with teams like WF and Syracuse than you guys will have with Kentucky and Vandy. I'm taking that into account as well.

And to Funktavious: IF this game goes down to the wire then Clemson has real problems and I'll revise my estimate down from 9-3 to 7 or 8 wins. If you can't kick the shiit out of Wofford, you aren't a very good team. Period. If Wofford scores more than 20, IMHO that's not good at all. If Clemson doesn't score 50 (unless we REALLY put the brakes on early), that's a problem too.

Bottom line here is that there are some advantages and disadvantages to playing cupcakes early. You get experience and can correct mistakes against competition that should not beat you. But, even if you win big, it doesn't mean much. So after the Wofford game (and App State a week later as well), we certainly will NOT know if Clemson is legit offensively and defensively, but we will be able to see if this team has the problems you guys are thinking we have if either of these teams makes it a game.

and they struggle against Ga Tech every single year.

Clemson defense did not struggle with GaT last year. Half of their points came on pick-6 times two. The offense was horrible after Watson was injured, and they gave Tech chance after chance. The defense played well enough to win if the offense does anything.

Clemson defense did not struggle with GaT last year. Half of their points came on pick-6 times two. The offense was horrible after Watson was injured, and they gave Tech chance after chance. The defense played well enough to win if the offense does anything.
Still, Clemson has always had more talent than Ga Tech but Ga Tech has won something like 6 out of the last 9 games. That has a lot to do with their style of play. Ga Tech rarely puts a good defense on the field and with their style of offense they don't play well from behind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT