with the new track facility

Discussion in 'Fighting Gamecocks Forum' started by gamecockox, Apr 19, 2017.

1. gamecockox

gamecockox Member
    Expand Collapse

wonder why the University did not try to purchase the properties between the track facility and S. Marion. Seems like poor planning.

I did not care for all Hyman did but I could not fault him for his strategic planning. We have made progress in facilities and some of that has been directed by Tanner. He just seems to focus on projects a year or two out. I think it is time for Tanner to make another long range facility goal for the athletic department.

2. winloseortie

winloseortie Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Were these properties for sale?

3. MorganEFan

MorganEFan Member
    Expand Collapse

Do we still have a track program? My bad, but that is a program that won a Nat'l Title and went straight down the crapper.

4. MANAFOLD

MANAFOLD Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

If you were at Clemson, YOU WOULD HAVE NO NEW TRACK FACILITY AT ALL never mind additional property.

5. 67gamecock

67gamecock Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

USC does own the house next to the south entrance to the Roost parking lot on South Marion and they bought and tore down the last two duplexes on South Marion before you get to Rosewood Drive - makes the Rosewood Drive side of the Athletics Village area look better - more landscaped imo.

6. Mozingus

Mozingus Member
    Expand Collapse

The Clemson indoor track facility opened in 2003. USC's men & women competed in it Jan and Feb during the indoor season this year for literally half of their regular season events. That will change next year with an indoor invitational in Columbia.

I thought indoor track facilities were more common, but not many schools seem to have them

6 Mozingus, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  7. MorganEFan

MorganEFan Member
    Expand Collapse

Clemson just updated their indoor track this past fall. It is more in line with top tracks in the turns are actually banked now. Nice facility and if you look at their history they have not sat still and let their program slip. Have made changes to staff and have had some good results.

Do a much better job recruiting than our staff at USC does.

8. Mozingus

Mozingus Member
    Expand Collapse

Two schools in SC are now going to have indoor track facilities. None in Ga. Not sure if a second one was needed at the expense of something else, such as a golf course.