ADVERTISEMENT

With the sec expanding

cockymark

Oct 1, 2006
Please explain how USC can be a perennial powerhouse in this conference. who wants maybe a couple of good years every 20! I like the competition but I want to win alot of games. we have NEVER won a sec championship. do you actually think it will be possible?

Possible? Yes. Likely? No. I'll accept where we're at, but I am one of those who has wondered whether or not we might be a better fit in the ACC. I have not advocated a move from the SEC to the ACC. And I expect such a move is not in the cards. But I could enjoy an ACC schedule with an annual out of conference match up with UGA.

Since 2010:
Won national championship in baseball(2x), won national championship in women's basketball, finished in the final four in men's basketball, won the SEC East and finished in the top 6 in football.
Plus all the other sports that we have done well in from year to year.
I am sick and tired of those who act like we don't belong in the SEC. I really believe some of you needs to look up the meaning of "being a fan" of a team. I am considered a pessimist in general, but even I can recognize our accomplishments. There are many many universities that would absolutely love to be in our position overall.

I am mainly talking about football. it is much harder than all the other sports. what is irritating is our fans like the challenge but when it goes bad its fire the coach and all of that! in this conference what did you expect?

Please explain how USC can be a perennial powerhouse in this conference. who wants maybe a couple of good years every 20! I like the competition but I want to win alot of games. we have NEVER won a sec championship. do you actually think it will be possible?
Perennial is the operative word. So far we have not been a perennial powerhouse in any sport nor in any league. Some glimmers here and there, but nothing consistent.
With the league expanding I don't ever see a championship in football. There was a brief shot in the Spurrier years, but if we couldn't do it then, there is little realistic reasons to believe it will happen going forward.

Just an opinion.... from a Tiger at that lol Spurrier showed that you guys can be successful. The problem is consistency. It is hard rise to a level and stay there, especially in football competing against the perennial powerhouses in the SEC. If they did move Alabama and Auburn to the east it would almost eliminate the mid to low level teams in the SEC from realistically competing for a spot in Atlanta on a consistent basis. Since the championship game begin, Florida and Georgia have represented the east a combined 21 times while the rest of the east combined have represented just 8 times. Add Alabama and Auburn to the East and things just get harder. A mid level team in the past upsets Georgia or Florida in the regular season and all of a sudden you have a legit shot to make it. Potentially now, that team would still have to go through Auburn and Alabama. The SEC is going to be crazy good and competitive. As a football fan in general, I cannot wait to watch.

Reactions: VHFAN4EVER
Just an opinion.... from a Tiger at that lol Spurrier showed that you guys can be successful. The problem is consistency. It is hard rise to a level and stay there, especially in football competing against the perennial powerhouses in the SEC. If they did move Alabama and Auburn to the east it would almost eliminate the mid to low level teams in the SEC from realistically competing for a spot in Atlanta on a consistent basis. Since the championship game begin, Florida and Georgia have represented the east a combined 21 times while the rest of the east combined have represented just 8 times. Add Alabama and Auburn to the East and things just get harder. A mid level team in the past upsets Georgia or Florida in the regular season and all of a sudden you have a legit shot to make it. Potentially now, that team would still have to go through Auburn and Alabama. The SEC is going to be crazy good and competitive. As a football fan in general, I cannot wait to watch.
I feel College Football is about to get more competitive. Saban wont be around much longer and paying will equal the field (IMO).

Its a crazy tough league. And now, the league has added two more teams that must be conquered in order to finish atop the standings. The SEC contains programs that ALWAYS expect to finish at the top. In any given year, one or the other will be there. Its going to be more difficult for Georgia and Florida and everyone now. There's no reason why it can't be UofSC, but damn, the road is going to be tough.

We never won very much in the ACC for all those years either. I just want us to be a team that is competitive consistently, and upsets one or two of the elites a year. We are not elite, not even with Spurrier, but we were consistent. Coaches and teams respected our level of play. We, based on history, will never be an elite team. Florida and Georgia come closest in the east but also have problems and lose games. The rest of the east and most of the west are just like USC. Look at Kentucky and what Stoops has done. They will never be elite, but they are consistent and not taken lightly. If the team is well coached, gives 100 percent effort, and is in most every game, we will win our share.

I feel College Football is about to get more competitive. Saban wont be around much longer and paying will equal the field (IMO).
Definitely is going to be interesting. The NIL I feel will widen the gap. There are major boosters at Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, USC, etc. that are multi millionaires and even more. They do not give a dang about getting a "return" on their money. All they care about is wins on the football field. Once people have some time to digest this NIL and figure out what they can do, I think those big booster teams are going to be able to provide high level players with even more than they already do. I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: bflogger28
With the expanded playoff, it will be easier to win a national championship than win the SEC. We just need to worry about getting out of the basement at this point. One step at a time. Let's get back to making a bowl every year, then move up from there.

Reactions: bflogger28
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT