ADVERTISEMENT

Wofford advances to the quarterfinals of the FCS national playoffs

pisgah

May 28, 2006
by beating Furman 28-10. They will face a very strong North Dakota State team in North Dakota this Saturday.

by beating Furman 28-10. They will face a very strong North Dakota State team in North Dakota this Saturday.
Will be colder than Sparkle City, that's for sure. Might be Witch's T1tty cold.

I'm a Furman fan since I grew up 2 miles from the campus and went to Graduate School there. I will be pulling for Wofford this week though. Every year a team form the south has to go to N Dakota State.

Wofford did go to Montana some years ago against a highly favored Montana team in terrible weather, and the Terriers took the game down to the last few seconds before losing a nail biter. I'm hoping for the best.

Reactions: Brace1
Wofford did go to Montana some years ago against a highly favored Montana team in terrible weather, and the Terriers took the game down to the last few seconds before losing a nail biter. I'm hoping for the best.
Wofford beat Montana on the road a few years back and lost a close on to NDS. It was 2007 when they beat Montana in the playoffs.

Short hair dogs played their best game this year on Saturday...if their defensive scheme could tighten a little bit [pass defenders], I think they can be competitive]. Their front seven is solid while the DBs are instructed to keep all in front. Furman's QB was unable to take advantage of this. ESPN2 will air the game. Wofford threw the ball when they needed to and the running game [option] was fun to watch. One would like to see their sophomore QB play more...He is 4.5 probably and can leave defenders in his wake. [see USC film almost three weeks ago]. Their OL had Furman on skates in the second half. Enough...

Yeah but they have had those cold temps for a while. Remember when we played UCONN. Cold weather plays a part

We played outdoors though. The Cold is overrated as you can always put on more clothing. The humidity of early fall in South is worse as you can only take so much off.

Reactions: Brace1
Y
I remember that name from growing up- did he wear loud jackets? or is that a former hoops coach I am remembering?
Yes he did, coached at OW and won a couple of state championships before Wofford. Left coaching after Wofford. Later finished out at Cardinal Newman in Columbia

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT