ADVERTISEMENT

Wofford

SMwilly brice

Nov 30, 2003
I think they will rack up some yardage, and many 1st downs against clemsons defense. The spread is 39. I do not think clemson will cover that.

Reactions: TygerDude
I think it will be close and yes would not be surprised with a wofford victory.I can at least hope for it anyway .

Anything is possible in college football. That's why I love it!

I think it will be close and yes would not be surprised with a wofford victory.I can at least hope for it anyway .
Unfortunately, Wofford will not be able to score quickly, not their MO. Clem will likely score on deep passes to those huge wideouts and DW will pick that secondary apart. Expect a fight from Wofford, but once they get behind, they are not built to score quickly and it will go downhill quickly when they are forced outside of their game plan.

Their defense isn't bad but their offense isn't helping them at all. It's hard to gauge how good Clemson really is when they won't play anyone with FBS talent for another two weeks. I know App State is FBS now but get real.

Their average fan is probably estatic with their schedule because it is almost impossible for them to not be 2-0 after the first 2 games. That said, even if they may have more talent, these games will not fully prepare them for the potential buzz saw in Louisville in game 3. The playoff hopes could be dashed before September is even over.

When did Wofford stop cut blocking? Last time we played them blockers were going low. Glad to see they aren't doing it anymore. Always seemed dangerous to me.

I can't believe that some of our fans think that Clemson is not good. If we played today... well never mind.

I can't believe that some of our fans think that Clemson is not good. If we played today... well never mind.
Fortunately that game is at the end of the season when we should be playing our best. We're a work in progress. I expect us to get better on offense and defense as the season progresses.

Reactions: nikolas22
This board and the tater tot trolls are gonna be unbearable for the next 2 weeks. They'll be thumping their chest over destroying the mighty Terriers and App St.

Then we'll finally get some relief after week 3.

Recruiting can sometimes outweigh even dumbo's coaching prowess. That's why I'd love to see SOS with some of those kids

Well, Wofford puts in their best QB and they score.

This game tells us absolutely nothing about Clemson.

It doesn't seem to be one of Wofford's best teams, and they just couldn"t get rolling today.

This board and the tater tot trolls are gonna be unbearable for the next 2 weeks. They'll be thumping their chest over destroying the mighty Terriers and App St.

Then we'll finally get some relief after week 3.

I'd like to retract my last sentence there. After seeing Louie today I think the taters schedule is easier than everyone first thought.

Last edited:
I think our schedule will be tough. Louisville lost to Auburn by a touchdown. Texas may not be good, but did you see what Notre Dame did to them? Georgia Tech is no joke. FSU will once again be good to very good. Miami and NCST on the road will not be easy either. Then we finish the season against you guys on the road. Not an easy schedule. Every team plays little schools like App St. and Wofford. Ours just happen to be at the beginning stacked together. Go look at Miss State's schedule through about 4 games from last year.

I think our schedule will be tough. Louisville lost to Auburn by a touchdown. Texas may not be good, but did you see what Notre Dame did to them? Georgia Tech is no joke. FSU will once again be good to very good. Miami and NCST on the road will not be easy either. Then we finish the season against you guys on the road. Not an easy schedule. Every team plays little schools like App St. and Wofford. Ours just happen to be at the beginning stacked together. Go look at Miss State's schedule through about 4 games from last year.

Yep, it looks like CU could be playing more than 2 top 25 teams this season. That must be scary for you tiger fans.

But like I said above, Louisville won't be one of them. They don't look as strong as they did last year and their head coach gets more loonie every game he coaches, so I wouldn't try to use them to pump up your sos.

Still way too early to tell who has what. And you're right, you team looks to have a tougher than usual schedule. But I still believe you have 7 built in wins and 8-9 wins is doable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT