ADVERTISEMENT

Womens Basketball vs. Clemson 11/18 in Greenville

permacock70

Aug 31, 2000
This is a Clemson home game but they are not making arrangements for it to be televised.

They are also limiting access to tickets.

I don't think their women are playing at what was formerly known as the Bi-lo Bonus Card Center this season, I think they're playing at Fike Gym on campus. Their men are playing in Greenville and we play there on December 18th. We need majority Gamecocks at that game on a Friday night.

Dawn may have an arrangement for a few buses to carry fans up to that game. I think they're playing in a small gym tho

This is a Clemson home game but they are not making arrangements for it to be televised.

I live in the Upstate and would love to get a couple of tickets. Anyone know where they can be purchased? Thanks.

I think the women's game is at Fike Fieldhouse on the Clemson campus. Wouldn't think it holds more then a couple of thousand, if that.

I think the women's game is at Fike Fieldhouse on the Clemson campus. Wouldn't think it holds more then a couple of thousand, if that.
The gym is so small they probably aren't able to broadcast it. I will probably drive up to Greenville with the family to the game & come back the next day unless Dawn sets up a bus trip.

The taters clearly don't care much about their wbb program. I know the school & administration wish they were better but Dawn has a strangle hold on the top talent in SC & surrounding states.
One concerning point: IIRC they used the same search firm for their WBB coach as we are using for our football coach.

Reactions: gamecockblack
One concerning point: IIRC they used the same search firm for their WBB coach as we are using for our football coach.
I'm not sure where Audra Smith coached last but I do know she was Dawn's teammate back in college. Maybe they think she can replicate Dawn's success.. Lol

I'm not sure where Audra Smith coached last but I do know she was Dawn's teammate back in college. Maybe they think she can replicate Dawn's success.. Lol

Fat chance; Dawn has locked down the State of South Carolina and metro Charlotte. We also get recruits from Atlanta and Metro New York. Even when Clemson is good in men's basketball they don't draw that well and their women draw even worse. Would you rather play in front of 15,000+ in Columbia or 700 at Port-a-john?

Tickets should be easy to come by up there, much cheaper than here. Just curious, what do women's basketball tickets cost at USC?

Fat chance; Dawn has locked down the State of South Carolina and metro Charlotte. We also get recruits from Atlanta and Metro New York. Even when Clemson is good in men's basketball they don't draw that well and their women draw even worse. Would you rather play in front of 15,000+ in Columbia or 700 at Port-a-john?
It is absolutely incredible the amount of support Dawn is getting. 10k season tickets sold? Unreal. Some taters have claimed that they don't care about basketball but let's be real, it must be pretty embarrassing to know your in state rivals' women's bball team gets more national exposure & more interest than your men's team. On the other hand I have seen a few taters congratulate Dawn & show respect for what she has done. Its impossible not to.

It is absolutely incredible the amount of support Dawn is getting. 10k season tickets sold? Unreal. Some taters have claimed that they don't care about basketball but let's be real, it must be pretty embarrassing to know your in state rivals' women's bball team gets more national exposure & more interest than your men's team. On the other hand I have seen a few taters congratulate Dawn & show respect for what she has done. Its impossible not to.
She is good.

Tickets should be easy to come by up there, much cheaper than here. Just curious, what do women's basketball tickets cost at USC?

$8 for adults, $4 for kids, I think. They are very reasonable. Season tickets are $60 for Reserved and $30 for General Admission. It's a bargain.

The women are playing at Jervey Gym this season. It's where the coaches offices are located and where the volleyball team plays. Old school bleachers and maybe 2k in total capacity...

The women are playing at Jervey Gym this season. It's where the coaches offices are located and where the volleyball team plays. Old school bleachers and maybe 2k in total capacity...

How do your fans feel about renovating Littlejohn again only 10 years after the last renovation?

Reactions: GamecockTripp
There's a lot of conflicting information in this thread. The men play on Friday, December 18th at Bon Secours Wellness Arena (BiLo Center) in Greenville. The women play at Jervey Gym in Clemson on Wednesday, November 18th.

I called the Clemson ticket office last week to inquire about tickets for the women's game. A young lady took my call and I never told her I was a Carolina fan. She told me there weren't going to be tickets to the women's game but it was free admission and it was first come first serve "like a volleyball match." I asked her when the doors would open but she did not know. I will call again next week to make sure nothing has changed.

How do your fans feel about renovating Littlejohn again only 10 years after the last renovation?

I don't understand it either. I was just there 2 years ago and the place seemed pretty nice to me. When you look at the pics the entire seating area is going to look almost the exact same and won't have any suites. On top of that, it's going to be smaller.

How do your fans feel about renovating Littlejohn again only 10 years after the last renovation?[/Q
There's a lot of conflicting information in this thread. The men play on Friday, December 18th at Bon Secours Wellness Arena (BiLo Center) in Greenville. The women play at Jervey Gym in Clemson on Wednesday, November 18th.

I called the Clemson ticket office last week to inquire about tickets for the women's game. A young lady took my call and I never told her I was a Carolina fan. She told me there weren't going to be tickets to the women's game but it was free admission and it was first come first serve "like a volleyball match." I asked her when the doors would open but she did not know. I will call again next week to make sure nothing has changed.
Wow free admission? With them playing in a small gym & with free admission I doubt everyone who is planning to go will even get a seat. They might start turning folks away at the door. Crazy

I don't understand it either. I was just there 2 years ago and the place seemed pretty nice to me. When you look at the pics the entire seating area is going to look almost the exact same and won't have any suites. On top of that, it's going to be smaller.
I have a sister who graduated from there a couple years ago so I was there too. They had the color coordination thing going with different sections. So they're tearing it apart only to make it smaller? That place had a max capacity of 10k I believe.

Their schedule is showing ESPN3 for our game.
Admission Is free, but they will use a voucher system for tickets. ie: keep Gamecock fans out....turds.

Their schedule is showing ESPN3 for our game.
Admission Is free, but they will use a voucher system for tickets. ie: keep Gamecock fans out....turds.

Tell me about this voucher system. The girl I spoke with didn't mention anything about it. Thanks.

It's a bit of a mixed-bag cockhorn. While some fans wonder why we spend any dollars that do not benefit football, most understand the need to upgrade all facilities.
As for Littlejohn specifically, much of this renovation includes the things you do not see as a fan. It will allow for a complete centralized Bball operations facility with improvements in practice areas, locker rooms, and the like. Also being added is another 12,000 square foot event space. The "eye-candy" portion may be less dramatic, but it looks pretty cool from the renderings and the fan experience will be much improved with the new upgrades.

Now if it will only help us get off the schneid in Chapel Hill...ha.

Reactions: duboserm
It's a bit of a mixed-bag cockhorn. While some fans wonder why we spend any dollars that do not benefit football, most understand the need to upgrade all facilities.
As for Littlejohn specifically, much of this renovation includes the things you do not see as a fan. It will allow for a complete centralized Bball operations facility with improvements in practice areas, locker rooms, and the like. Also being added is another 12,000 square foot event space. The "eye-candy" portion may be less dramatic, but it looks pretty cool from the renderings and the fan experience will be much improved with the new upgrades.

Now if it will only help us get off the schneid in Chapel Hill...ha.

Maybe UNC will get put on probation. FWIW I don't think Brownell is the one who will do it.

They know our fan's would overtake wherever we play them LittleJohn, Jervey, etc......so they have to use trickery to have more fan's then we do. I still bet we have more fan's then they do at that game.

We had more fans at ONE game than they did the entire year....200 seats are plenty for them.
You are probably correct on both fronts. I think it is brilliant to have them play in Jervey where the fans are right on top of you and a small crowd can make a difference as opposed to the same amount of people in Littlejohn or the Bilo center. It creates a home court advantage that, let's face it, 99% of women's basketball teams don't have. There is no conspiracy to keep your fans out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT