ADVERTISEMENT

Women's BB: Gamecocks add late 2018 player - Wesolek

Milks26

Apr 18, 2018
Welcome aboard. I watched available videos of Wesolek on online. She has great potential/promise that can be further whipped into shape by Dawn.

But, I'm left wondering why a local talent wasn't even approached by SC to begin with? Geez, she was going to Western Kentucky. Thankfully a staff change made her reconsider other options.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. I watched available videos of Wesolek on online. She has great potential/promise that can be further whipped into shape by Dawn.

But, I'm left wondering why a local talent wasn't even approached by SC to begin with? Geez, she was going to Kentucky. Thankfully a staff change made her reconsider other options.
Actually she was going to Western kentucky. I think she is a bit of a fallback for now. From all reports on her, she has the potential to develop into another player like Welch was for us a few years back. Not the most overly gifted and athletic but extremely hard worker and will do the dirty stuff others wont on the court. Very blue collar type. Will not be flashy at all but will be a type that can develop into a 20-25 min a night player that can average about 8-10 pts and 8-10 boards a game. The type no one talks about but every team needs.

Reactions: Holy City Cock
My bad...meant WK

Yes, all teams need that dependable body. Less just hope she won't be another Haley Troup (sp)

My bad...meant WK

Yes, all teams need that dependable body. Less just hope she won't be another Haley Troup (sp)
I doubt she will. She is a local that is happy to get an in state offer from big time school. I think Troup was out of state that liked the offer but she had no real connection and didnt fit in. I think she was ready to leave before even getting here. She was last one to arrive by a couple of days and didnt seem a part of anything from the get go. She sure knew she wanted to go to Mizz quick though. I wonder if illegal communication was involved. We already know they are not dependable on their words up there.

From what I can see on her videos, Wesolek is highly skilled and tough... The question will be how fast she can adjust to SEC ball... The speed of the game will likely shock her in practice

I doubt she will. She is a local that is happy to get an in state offer from big time school. I think Troup was out of state that liked the offer but she had no real connection and didnt fit in. I think she was ready to leave before even getting here. She was last one to arrive by a couple of days and didnt seem a part of anything from the get go. She sure knew she wanted to go to Mizz quick though. I wonder if illegal communication was involved. We already know they are not dependable on their words up there.

I also heard that Troup couldn't adjust with Staley's physical requirements

Last edited:
I also heard that Troup couldn't adjust with Staley's physical requirements
Don't know about toughness, she transferred to Mizzou and then seem to be plenty ahem....tough/dirty. I hear she got homesick AND Looked around at practice and realized she was the least talented player on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT