ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Soccer | USC at Missouri | 7 p.m. Thursday

B

Brian Shoemaker

From Brian Alden, USC Athletics

mMXIAYYOh8vPp3g3fAXW2tB5KMyHUhXVLEtcJ7HyjVr6T7vYpNVL_F87mBgmD9BTkUljtvs3aXme0vvu-Xl3mylVpFFYYYc4h5REhhBhKgFpUS0HWk23tVTeUj6m4OWRGqhVEDr8BycodKFuY-1BHMdvxMOpzZkfox1tbsSszFkgkO4v3lRbjjBLwgd9IYhD2QVLYYse6g=s0-d-e1-ft

9/15/2021 | Women's Soccer

COLUMBIA, S.C. - The South Carolina women's soccer team begins SEC play when the Gamecocks travel to Missouri for their matchup Thursday, September 16, with kickoff set for 7 p.m. ET on the SEC Network.

Gameday Information
When
: September 16 | 7 p.m. ET
Where: Columbia, Mo.
Venue: Walton Soccer Stadium (2,500)
Live Stats: Missouri Live Stats
Live Video: SEC Network; Mike Watts (pxp) and Lori Lindsey (analyst)
Series History: First Meeting

South Carolina Gamecocks 5-2, 0-0 SEC
Last Game:
L, 1-0 vs. Virginia Tech (Sept. 12)
Coach: Shelley Smith | 21st Season
Goals Leader: Corinna Zullo and Eveleen Hahn | 3
Assists Leader: Lauren Chang and Ryan Gareis | 4
Points Leader: Corinna Zullo | 7
Shots Leader: Corinna Zullo | 16
Saves Leader: Heather Hinz | 17

Missouri Tigers 4-3, 0-0 SEC
Last Game:
L, 7-4 at BYU (Sept. 11)
Coach: Stefanie Golan | 1st Season
Goals Leader: Milena Fischer | 4
Assists Leader: Milena Fischer | 4
Points Leader: Milena Fischer| 12
Shots Leader: Milena Fischer | 23
Saves Leader: Sophia Worth | 23

2021 Season Notables
  • Since 2010, South Carolina is 7-2-2 in its SEC openers.
  • Overall since 2016, the Gamecocks are 39-5-5 in SEC play.
  • South Carolina dropped back-to-back matches for the first time since 2018.
  • The Gamecocks have used a deep bench this season. At least 20 players have earned minutes in every match through seven games; 24, 22, 21, 20, 22, 20, and 20 players, respectively.
  • Last week against Charlotte, Luciana Zullo scored her first goal of the season 46 seconds into the match. That's tied for the second fastest goal in program history.
  • South Carolina was picked by the league's coaches to finish third in the 2021 SEC regular season. The Gamecocks have not finished a season lower than third in the SEC since 2015.
  • Five Gamecocks were named to the SEC Soccer Preseason Watch List - Catherine Barry, Lauren Chang, Samantha Chang, Ryan Gareis, and Jyllissa Harris.
  • Head coach Shelley Smith returns 21 of last season's 26 letterwinners, including the team's top three goal scorers and four fifth-year seniors who chose to return for their bonus year of eligibility.
  • South Carolina added six freshmen to the collection of returning letterwinners, five of whom have already seen regular season game action.
All-Time Results vs. Missouri
11/17/20NeutralOrange Beach, Ala.W, 3 - 2
9/27/20HomeColumbia, S.C.W, 4 - 1
10/4/19AwayColumbia, Mo.W, 1 - 0
10/18/18HomeColumbia, S.C.W, 1 - 0
10/19/17AwayColumbia, Mo.W, 2 - 0
9/20/15AwayColumbia, Mo.W, 1 - 0
11/5/14NeutralOrange Beach, Ala.W, 2 - 1
9/26/14HomeColumbia, S.C.L, 0 - 1
10/18/13AwayColumbia, Mo.L, 1 - 2
9/16/12HomeColumbia, S.C.L, 0 - 1
Overall: 7-3
Conf: 5-1
Home: 2-2
Away: 3-1
Neutral: 2-0

For women's soccer updates, continue to check back with GamecocksOnline.com or follow the team's social media accounts on Twitter @GamecockWSoccer, Facebook /GamecockWSoccer, and Instagram @GamecockWSoccer.

Related Links

The drought continues with South Carolina going goalless for the last 147 minutes. At the half, South Carolina 0 Missouri 0.

Last edited:
Finally. Graduate Student (GS) Gareis crosses ball from left side of box and ball goes off the foot of GS older Zullomeister in which ball ends up at Barry that is about ten yards from goal and scores at the 67:12 mark.
South Carolina 1 Missouri 0.

Last edited:
YOUNGER ZULLOMEISTER SCORES AT THE 86:20 MARK. GS Gareis crosses ball from left side of box to the middle of box and ball goes off Missouri defender and rolls out to the edge of 18 yard box with younger Zullomeister shooting and putting the ball in the right upper corner of the goal.

South Carolina 2 Missouri 1.

Last edited:
FCB 2013 treble do you attend home matches?
I reside at Grand Forks, North Dakota. Stone Stadium too far for a game. I am really thankful for the SECN to watch these games. Who would of thought this would be possible 20 years ago to be able to watch most of the South Carolina basketball, baseball and soccer matches on TV (Sling TV)?

I reside at Grand Forks, North Dakota. Stone Stadium too far for a game. I am really thankful for the SECN to watch these games. Who would of thought this would be possible 20 years ago to be able to watch most of the South Carolina basketball, baseball and soccer matches on TV (Sling TV)?
I come up to duck/goose hunt in ND each October. I'll be staying in Ashley, ND this year. Do you hunt by chance?

I come up to duck/goose hunt in ND each October. I'll be staying in Ashley, ND this year. Do you hunt by chance?
No hunting for me. I struggled with the M-16, M-9 and M-4 weapons so i doubt i could actually hit a moving target. Luckily, I have never hit a deer or any other animal in my car while driving on Highway 2 or Interstate 29 or 94.

• Haha
Reactions: TAV31
No hunting for me. I struggled with the M-16, M-9 and M-4 weapons so i doubt i could actually hit a moving target. Luckily, I have never hit a deer or any other animal in my car while driving on Highway 2 or Interstate 29 or 94.
I absolutely love it up there. Haven't gone through a real winter yet, but did get caught in a blizzard one year. Fun, scary, and tough to hunt in those conditions. I'm looking at some property. 14acres, small house, several sheds(old dairy farm). Guy wants 160k for it. Houses in the little towns are going for 30-50k. Got any tips on property values out there? Not in the big cities, more in the Jamestown area and 75mi radius.

I absolutely love it up there. Haven't gone through a real winter yet, but did get caught in a blizzard one year. Fun, scary, and tough to hunt in those conditions. I'm looking at some property. 14acres, small house, several sheds(old dairy farm). Guy wants 160k for it. Houses in the little towns are going for 30-50k. Got any tips on property values out there? Not in the big cities, more in the Jamestown area and 75mi radius.
I would not be able to help you with the house markets. I know property is pricey in Grand Forks and the justification is demand for housing as a result of the oil boom, but the oil boom days have greatly diminished.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT