ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder why I hate Clemson fans so much

greggcock

Gold Member
Dec 24, 2001
A Clemson idiot I work with sent this email to a bunch of us today (random out of the blue). This is so over the top obnoxious that I can't even believe this guy had the gall to send this. It can be refuted in so many ways but quite frankly why waste my time! Read and let your blood boil...

We need a new rival! Ours is broke!

Sounds like a joke, but I read something this morning that pointed out Carolina isn’t really our Rival anymore. Not as rivals are typically defined. Here are some of the writer’s points he made that I agree with:

1. Florida State has become the bigger rival for Clemson. We can’t win the Division without beating them, and losing to them almost guarantees we don’t go to the playoffs.
2. When it comes to recruiting, we don’t really compete with USC that much anymore. There are a few players they’ve gotten over the years that we wanted, but fewer and fewer with each passing year. We compete for players more often with Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State and Tennessee (in that order) than we do USC recruits.
3. Name three players on USC’s current team that would start for Clemson or Alabama.
4. When recruiting, Clemson no longer asks, “who can help us beat Carolina.” They ask, “who can help us beat Florida State and win the national championship.”
5. Beating Florida State feels better now than beating Carolina. (But losing to Carolina feels worse than losing to FSU.)

Because of those 5 things, the writer says “our rival is broken.” And he’s right. We really need Carolina to pick things up. Get back on track and start competing not only for the state bragging rights, but for recruits that other SEC teams are taking from them. Maybe then we can repair this rivalry and make it relevant nationally. Until then, it’s going to become just another game on the schedule for us, and continue to be one of Carolina’s marquee wins every 3-4 years.

Really kinda sad to play in a two team conference when you think about it. Can't be all that much to look forward to when football season starts. No thanks.

A Clemson idiot I work with sent this email to a bunch of us today (random out of the blue). This is so over the top obnoxious that I can't even believe this guy had the gall to send this. It can be refuted in so many ways but quite frankly why waste my time! Read and let your blood boil...

Sounds like a joke, but I read something this morning that pointed out Carolina isn’t really our Rival anymore. Not as rivals are typically defined. Here are some of the writer’s points he made that I agree with:

1. Florida State has become the bigger rival for Clemson. We can’t win the Division without beating them, and losing to them almost guarantees we don’t go to the playoffs.
2. When it comes to recruiting, we don’t really compete with USC that much anymore. There are a few players they’ve gotten over the years that we wanted, but fewer and fewer with each passing year. We compete for players more often with Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State and Tennessee (in that order) than we do USC recruits.
3. Name three players on USC’s current team that would start for Clemson or Alabama.
4. When recruiting, Clemson no longer asks, “who can help us beat Carolina.” They ask, “who can help us beat Florida State and win the national championship.”
5. Beating Florida State feels better now than beating Carolina. (But losing to Carolina feels worse than losing to FSU.)

Because of those 5 things, the writer says “our rival is broken.” And he’s right. We really need Carolina to pick things up. Get back on track and start competing not only for the state bragging rights, but for recruits that other SEC teams are taking from them. Maybe then we can repair this rivalry and make it relevant nationally. Until then, it’s going to become just another game on the schedule for us, and continue to be one of Carolina’s marquee wins every 3-4 years.

I don't have a problem with anything written there ... it's the truth. I think all Gamecock fans understand the present situation.

Just ignore it. Life goes on. He obviously can't get us off his mind (since we mean so little to them) if he's going to all that trouble to write that kind of list. Best way to upset an obnoxious Clemson fan: ignore them and don't acknowledge them.

Not sure if you are talking about the ACC or the SEC here....
Point taken but taters pretty much know they beat FSU and they win the division. Clearly they are in the strongest division so they beat FSU and there's a pretty sure bet they'll be in the playoffs. The tater mentioned in the OP touches on that. Again, not that much to look forward to.

Point taken but taters pretty much know they beat FSU and they win the division. Clearly they are in the strongest division so they beat FSU and there's a pretty sure bet they'll be in the playoffs. The tater mentioned in the OP touches on that. Again, not that much to look forward to.
from a fan standpoint...agreed

Hall of fame coach that was around for 10.5 seasons had to retire. Just not a healthy situation to be in. Even FSU dropped a few levels when Bobby Bowden was at the end of his career.

The next few years of the post Deshaun Watson Era @ Clemson is a turning point for them. We'll get to see how Dabo's coaching hires navigate through the change next season and if they can maintain the last 2 seasons level of success like Nick Saban has done.

Three short years ago, Clemmons beat Carolina in a football game ending their FIVE YEAR losing streak to us. They still have to win for three more years to top that. Broken rival my ass. They still are playing catch up to Spurrier's teams.As far as Alabama goes, well that's who Clemmons wishes to be like someday. So many rejects drift down here from Alabama and the Tide doesn't even acknowledge them, much less want them for any coaching positions. That's the facts, Jack!
Probation/Breaking the NCAA rules go together with Clemmons rare championships like peanut butter and jelly. When you see one the other soon follows. See XT for details.

Reactions: okccock

Save those emails. Chances are Clempson is going to have a significant drop this year because of Watson. (Same as we did with Shaw)
The state needs to prepare for an influx of suicidal Clempson fans in October.

Reactions: greggcock
Well, recently it's been the same in the SEC for Bama. There's much greater potential in the SEC for true competition, with the SEC CG as a default NC game. Just not over the past few years.

Well, recently it's been the same in the SEC for Bama. There's much greater potential in the SEC for true competition, with the SEC CG as a default NC game. Just not over the past few years.
What worries me is that it's only a matter of time until Florida, Georgia, and/or Tennessee fine their groove again and start competing for the SEC East every year. (Florida hasn't dropped off as bad as Georgia and 10AhC has)

Some of our best teams were shadowed by a highly unusual Missouri team or a dominating SEC West schedule.

If we don't take advantage of these next 2-3 years, then it's going to be the 90s all over again.

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Clemson will not have the drop we did; they are too good on D. They will see a drop off in offensive production, but that will be masked by the likes of Wake, Syracuse; etc.

The biggest difference in them and us is that their staff is still out busting it, whereas ours thought the success would continue with little effort on the personnel front.

Well when they beat us in damn near every sport what can you say? Guess we have to suck it up until Dabo leaves for Alabama

Clemson will not have the drop we did; they are too good on D. They will see a drop off in offensive production, but that will be masked by the likes of Wake, Syracuse; etc.

The biggest difference in them and us is that their staff is still out busting it, whereas ours thought the success would continue with little effort on the personnel front.

Last season Clemson gave up enough points to lose to NC State, Pitt, Louisville, FSU, and Alabama. They only lost 1 of those games and the games they won was not because the Clemson defense stopped the opponent, the opponent stopped themselves or Watson outscored the opponents.

Without Watson, more 3 and outs will happen and Clemson's D will be on the field longer and the team won't have a lead to protect. The lack of offense might make their D regress also. Time will tell.

Reactions: IrmoRed
Clemson people don't yet understand how much Watson meant to their success. It was him and him alone who pulled games out of his butt not the defense. The defense was strong but it was the play of Watson that made them great their defense spent a lot of time just grabbing butts. Heck, this kid beat us with one leg tied behind his back simply because he was that good. Clemson fans better watch how they laugh at us on their way up because they have to pass us again on their way back down.

They are in a different league than us now. We have never even sniffed a natty so they have room to talk all they want.

Boom is coming, and they know the struggle is real.

Reactions: griffgolf
Well the OP calls the email over the top obnoxious and then ends up agreeing by stating " And he’s right. We really need Carolina to pick things up. Get back on track and start competing not only for the state bragging rights, "

I can't speak to the intent of the email that went out, but truthfully speaking what the Clemson fan is stating sounds spot on from their point of view. Well I agree with the OP in that USC needs to back on track, and become competitive again.

Reactions: griffgolf
Since Auburn got the QB transfer from Baylor and he will be able to start this season. Clemson's defense will get to see his 1st real offensive game plan as Auburn's QB. Should be fun to watch.

The big difference is they play in the acc

OP wrote this. The message makes no sense otherwise. Start out outraged , the 'gall', 'refutable in so many ways' and then immediately agrees with all of it and makes no attempt to refute any of it.

Either he wrote and looking for a troll or his buddy wrote it and he should face that he agrees with it.

In the vacuum of the last 3 yrs, there is nothing incorrect in the message itself. There is a huge gap right now and while the gap is closing because Carolina is moving up, the talent gap is wide right now and only some serious recruiting over years will change it

Well when they beat us in damn near every sport what can you say? Guess we have to suck it up until Dabo leaves for Alabama

"beat us in damn near every sport".... really? You do know we won the Home grown Palmetto Pride trophy last year, which is based on head to head meetings in all sports? This current season, we are, at the moment, tied, if I'm not mistaken.

"beat us in damn near every sport".... really? You do know we won the Home grown Palmetto Pride trophy last year, which is based on head to head meetings in all sports? This current season, we are, at the moment, tied, if I'm not mistaken.

They beat us in all big three sports including the largest beat down by an acc team over n sec team in football history. Please stop the palmetto cup bs. We need to get better in the three sports 99.9 percent of our fans care the most about. Do you feel we are tied with them in reality? I don't.

Reactions: acmnni1
This Clemson fan should be focused on Jarret Stidham and Kyle Davis (remember him). I guarantee most Clemson fans have penciled a W beside Auburn on next year's schedule and they are so wrong for thinking that. This game will be the 1st upset of the 2017 football season.

Reactions: BigTomE
I will keep my mouth shut until the tide turns for the better. Right now, the two programs are light years away from each other. They are playing chess while we are playing checkers. Long way to go. And they recruit at a very high level every year. So talent is catching up slowly but they are stockpiling.

Last season Clemson gave up enough points to lose to NC State, Pitt, Louisville, FSU, and Alabama. They only lost 1 of those games and the games they won was not because the Clemson defense stopped the opponent, the opponent stopped themselves or Watson outscored the opponents.

Without Watson, more 3 and outs will happen and Clemson's D will be on the field longer and the team won't have a lead to protect. The lack of offense might make their D regress also. Time will tell.
Good points as I have said the same thing. Watson won their games, not the defense.

For the past several years we've rationalized why Clemson will be weak in the upcoming season, yet they've not been. This year it's the loss of Watson. Losing him will have a negative effect, however their offensive line will help the new guy mature over time. Their defense appears to be so stout that they can cover for some of his mistakes as well. I don't expect Clemson to contend for the national championship this year. I do think they have a damn good team though and probably play somewhere on New Year's Day.

Saying all this, I'd love to see Louisville, N.C. State, Fla. Sate, and us take them down.

Well the OP calls the email over the top obnoxious and then ends up agreeing by stating " And he’s right. We really need Carolina to pick things up. Get back on track and start competing not only for the state bragging rights, "

I can't speak to the intent of the email that went out, but truthfully speaking what the Clemson fan is stating sounds spot on from their point of view. Well I agree with the OP in that USC needs to back on track, and become competitive again.
For the record that line was from the Clemson fan (not me). That's his usual snarly way of throwing back in our face at the end of his email rants.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT