Wonder why I hate Clemson fans so much

Discussion in 'Fighting Gamecocks Forum' started by greggcock, Apr 18, 2017.

1. greggcock

greggcock Member
    Expand Collapse

A Clemson idiot I work with sent this email to a bunch of us today (random out of the blue). This is so over the top obnoxious that I can't even believe this guy had the gall to send this. It can be refuted in so many ways but quite frankly why waste my time! Read and let your blood boil...

We need a new rival! Ours is broke!

Sounds like a joke, but I read something this morning that pointed out Carolina isn’t really our Rival anymore. Not as rivals are typically defined. Here are some of the writer’s points he made that I agree with:

1. Florida State has become the bigger rival for Clemson. We can’t win the Division without beating them, and losing to them almost guarantees we don’t go to the playoffs.
    2. When it comes to recruiting, we don’t really compete with USC that much anymore. There are a few players they’ve gotten over the years that we wanted, but fewer and fewer with each passing year. We compete for players more often with Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State and Tennessee (in that order) than we do USC recruits.
    3. Name three players on USC’s current team that would start for Clemson or Alabama.
    4. When recruiting, Clemson no longer asks, “who can help us beat Carolina.” They ask, “who can help us beat Florida State and win the national championship.”
    5. Beating Florida State feels better now than beating Carolina. (But losing to Carolina feels worse than losing to FSU.)

Because of those 5 things, the writer says “our rival is broken.” And he’s right. We really need Carolina to pick things up. Get back on track and start competing not only for the state bragging rights, but for recruits that other SEC teams are taking from them. Maybe then we can repair this rivalry and make it relevant nationally. Until then, it’s going to become just another game on the schedule for us, and continue to be one of Carolina’s marquee wins every 3-4 years.

dbowers2008 and lowcountrytiger like this.
  2. bucketdad

bucketdad Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Really kinda sad to play in a two team conference when you think about it. Can't be all that much to look forward to when football season starts. No thanks.

okccock and greggcock like this.
  3. USCBatgirl21

USCBatgirl21 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Sec 4, Row 1 Carolina Stadium (or Charleston)
    Haven't we said the same thing since joining the SEC. That UGa is more of a rival than Clemsux?

4. bdblack

bdblack Active Member
    Expand Collapse

I don't have a problem with anything written there ... it's the truth. I think all Gamecock fans understand the present situation.

5. OzWizard

OzWizard Member
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if you are talking about the ACC or the SEC here....

6. uscwill

uscwill Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Wow, he's talking about Clemson and Florida St.

kfh112970 and greggcock like this.
  7. sclawman77

sclawman77 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Just ignore it. Life goes on. He obviously can't get us off his mind (since we mean so little to them) if he's going to all that trouble to write that kind of list. Best way to upset an obnoxious Clemson fan: ignore them and don't acknowledge them.

8. OzWizard

OzWizard Member
    Expand Collapse

Gotcha, he could have been talking about the SEC....Alabama and ........ oh yea he said 2 team conference

9. CockTail73

CockTail73 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

wow, the writer did his job....got the weak ones all worked up....lol

vehemon and LazyIslander like this.
  10. bucketdad

bucketdad Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Point taken but taters pretty much know they beat FSU and they win the division. Clearly they are in the strongest division so they beat FSU and there's a pretty sure bet they'll be in the playoffs. The tater mentioned in the OP touches on that. Again, not that much to look forward to.

11. NooNoo

NooNoo Active Member
    Expand Collapse

Our AD fiddled while our football program burned.

SCGCock07 likes this.
  12. OzWizard

OzWizard Member
    Expand Collapse

from a fan standpoint...agreed

13. jimnasium

jimnasium Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Funny it wasn't but a few seasons ago we said the same thing about them. I can't wait to see their posts when we get things fixed.

okccock and debordieu cock like this.
  14. Superior7

Superior7 Active Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Hall of fame coach that was around for 10.5 seasons had to retire. Just not a healthy situation to be in. Even FSU dropped a few levels when Bobby Bowden was at the end of his career.

The next few years of the post Deshaun Watson Era @ Clemson is a turning point for them. We'll get to see how Dabo's coaching hires navigate through the change next season and if they can maintain the last 2 seasons level of success like Nick Saban has done.

15. Bongsummers

Bongsummers Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

He was talking about the ACC in basketball.

bucketdad likes this.
  16. bitemeiptay

bitemeiptay Active Member
    Expand Collapse

Three short years ago, Clemmons beat Carolina in a football game ending their FIVE YEAR losing streak to us. They still have to win for three more years to top that. Broken rival my ass. They still are playing catch up to Spurrier's teams.As far as Alabama goes, well that's who Clemmons wishes to be like someday. So many rejects drift down here from Alabama and the Tide doesn't even acknowledge them, much less want them for any coaching positions. That's the facts, Jack!
    Probation/Breaking the NCAA rules go together with Clemmons rare championships like peanut butter and jelly. When you see one the other soon follows. See XT for details.

okccock likes this.
  17. vehemon

vehemon Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Save those emails. Chances are Clempson is going to have a significant drop this year because of Watson. (Same as we did with Shaw)
    The state needs to prepare for an influx of suicidal Clempson fans in October.

greggcock likes this.
  18. HI Cock

HI Cock Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Well, recently it's been the same in the SEC for Bama. There's much greater potential in the SEC for true competition, with the SEC CG as a default NC game. Just not over the past few years.

19. greggcock

greggcock Member
    Expand Collapse

I hope so!

lowcountrytiger likes this.
  20. vehemon

vehemon Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

What worries me is that it's only a matter of time until Florida, Georgia, and/or Tennessee fine their groove again and start competing for the SEC East every year. (Florida hasn't dropped off as bad as Georgia and 10AhC has)

Some of our best teams were shadowed by a highly unusual Missouri team or a dominating SEC West schedule.

If we don't take advantage of these next 2-3 years, then it's going to be the 90s all over again.

lowcountrytiger likes this.
  21. yeah_yeah

yeah_yeah Member
    Expand Collapse

Clemson will not have the drop we did; they are too good on D. They will see a drop off in offensive production, but that will be masked by the likes of Wake, Syracuse; etc.

The biggest difference in them and us is that their staff is still out busting it, whereas ours thought the success would continue with little effort on the personnel front.

LazyIslander, acmnni1 and griffgolf like this.
  22. E-Cut_22

E-Cut_22 Member
    Expand Collapse

Well when they beat us in damn near every sport what can you say? Guess we have to suck it up until Dabo leaves for Alabama

23. sclawman77

sclawman77 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Not in bowling though.

idohvac2 likes this.
  24. idohvac2

idohvac2 Member
    Expand Collapse

Bass fishing also right?

25. Superior7

Superior7 Active Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Last season Clemson gave up enough points to lose to NC State, Pitt, Louisville, FSU, and Alabama. They only lost 1 of those games and the games they won was not because the Clemson defense stopped the opponent, the opponent stopped themselves or Watson outscored the opponents.

Without Watson, more 3 and outs will happen and Clemson's D will be on the field longer and the team won't have a lead to protect. The lack of offense might make their D regress also. Time will tell.

IrmoRed likes this.
  26. jimnasium

jimnasium Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Clemson people don't yet understand how much Watson meant to their success. It was him and him alone who pulled games out of his butt not the defense. The defense was strong but it was the play of Watson that made them great their defense spent a lot of time just grabbing butts. Heck, this kid beat us with one leg tied behind his back simply because he was that good. Clemson fans better watch how they laugh at us on their way up because they have to pass us again on their way back down.

27. Heyward1

Heyward1 Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

They are in a different league than us now. We have never even sniffed a natty so they have room to talk all they want.

Boom is coming, and they know the struggle is real.

griffgolf likes this.
  28. Harvard Gamecock

Expand Collapse

Well the OP calls the email over the top obnoxious and then ends up agreeing by stating " And he’s right. We really need Carolina to pick things up. Get back on track and start competing not only for the state bragging rights, "

I can't speak to the intent of the email that went out, but truthfully speaking what the Clemson fan is stating sounds spot on from their point of view. Well I agree with the OP in that USC needs to back on track, and become competitive again.

griffgolf likes this.
  29. Superior7

Superior7 Active Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Since Auburn got the QB transfer from Baylor and he will be able to start this season. Clemson's defense will get to see his 1st real offensive game plan as Auburn's QB. Should be fun to watch.

30. uscusc1987

uscusc1987 Member
    Expand Collapse

The big difference is they play in the acc

31. Heyward1

Heyward1 Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The ACC has been better than the SEC for the past few years. We need to stop this SEC crap.

32. JSpears5

JSpears5 Active Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

OP wrote this. The message makes no sense otherwise. Start out outraged , the 'gall', 'refutable in so many ways' and then immediately agrees with all of it and makes no attempt to refute any of it.

Either he wrote and looking for a troll or his buddy wrote it and he should face that he agrees with it.

In the vacuum of the last 3 yrs, there is nothing incorrect in the message itself. There is a huge gap right now and while the gap is closing because Carolina is moving up, the talent gap is wide right now and only some serious recruiting over years will change it

33. raycock2001

raycock2001 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

"beat us in damn near every sport".... really? You do know we won the Home grown Palmetto Pride trophy last year, which is based on head to head meetings in all sports? This current season, we are, at the moment, tied, if I'm not mistaken.

34. Heyward1

Heyward1 Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

They beat us in all big three sports including the largest beat down by an acc team over n sec team in football history. Please stop the palmetto cup bs. We need to get better in the three sports 99.9 percent of our fans care the most about. Do you feel we are tied with them in reality? I don't.

acmnni1 likes this.
  35. Superior7

Superior7 Active Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

This Clemson fan should be focused on Jarret Stidham and Kyle Davis (remember him). I guarantee most Clemson fans have penciled a W beside Auburn on next year's schedule and they are so wrong for thinking that. This game will be the 1st upset of the 2017 football season.

BigTomE likes this.
  36. Stickman413

Stickman413 Member
    Expand Collapse

I will keep my mouth shut until the tide turns for the better. Right now, the two programs are light years away from each other. They are playing chess while we are playing checkers. Long way to go. And they recruit at a very high level every year. So talent is catching up slowly but they are stockpiling.

griffgolf and 80tigers like this.
  37. tailgatecock

tailgatecock Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Good points as I have said the same thing. Watson won their games, not the defense.

38. DeepfriedCock

DeepfriedCock Member
    Expand Collapse

It really offends them, When you call them RAINBOW WARRIORS. And they hate when you ask. Why do you enjoy watching 18-22 year old men grope other men? It shuts up the taters I know.

lowcountrytiger and greggcock like this.
  39. The Coup Nazi

The Coup Nazi Active Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

For the past several years we've rationalized why Clemson will be weak in the upcoming season, yet they've not been. This year it's the loss of Watson. Losing him will have a negative effect, however their offensive line will help the new guy mature over time. Their defense appears to be so stout that they can cover for some of his mistakes as well. I don't expect Clemson to contend for the national championship this year. I do think they have a damn good team though and probably play somewhere on New Year's Day.

Saying all this, I'd love to see Louisville, N.C. State, Fla. Sate, and us take them down.

40. greggcock

greggcock Member
    Expand Collapse

For the record that line was from the Clemson fan (not me). That's his usual snarly way of throwing back in our face at the end of his email rants.