ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder why I hate Clemson fans so much

A Clemson idiot I work with sent this email to a bunch of us today (random out of the blue). This is so over the top obnoxious that I can't even believe this guy had the gall to send this. It can be refuted in so many ways but quite frankly why waste my time! Read and let your blood boil...

We need a new rival! Ours is broke!

Sounds like a joke, but I read something this morning that pointed out Carolina isn’t really our Rival anymore. Not as rivals are typically defined. Here are some of the writer’s points he made that I agree with:

1. Florida State has become the bigger rival for Clemson. We can’t win the Division without beating them, and losing to them almost guarantees we don’t go to the playoffs.
2. When it comes to recruiting, we don’t really compete with USC that much anymore. There are a few players they’ve gotten over the years that we wanted, but fewer and fewer with each passing year. We compete for players more often with Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State and Tennessee (in that order) than we do USC recruits.
3. Name three players on USC’s current team that would start for Clemson or Alabama.
4. When recruiting, Clemson no longer asks, “who can help us beat Carolina.” They ask, “who can help us beat Florida State and win the national championship.”
5. Beating Florida State feels better now than beating Carolina. (But losing to Carolina feels worse than losing to FSU.)

Because of those 5 things, the writer says “our rival is broken.” And he’s right. We really need Carolina to pick things up. Get back on track and start competing not only for the state bragging rights, but for recruits that other SEC teams are taking from them. Maybe then we can repair this rivalry and make it relevant nationally. Until then, it’s going to become just another game on the schedule for us, and continue to be one of Carolina’s marquee wins every 3-4 years.

My my, the little cow college has become as good as Alabama in just three years. Clemson will be very fortunate if they can beat Carolina at WB this year. As this season rolls in, you will soon see their cockiness wear off and fear come in their eyes at our mention. They only brag, this also speaks for their head coach, when they have the upper hand.

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
For the past several years we've rationalized why Clemson will be weak in the upcoming season, yet they've not been. This year it's the loss of Watson. Losing him will have a negative effect, however their offensive line will help the new guy mature over time. Their defense appears to be so stout that they can cover for some of his mistakes as well. I don't expect Clemson to contend for the national championship this year. I do think they have a damn good team though and probably play somewhere on New Year's Day.

Saying all this, I'd love to see Louisville, N.C. State, Fla. Sate, and us take them down.

Clemson's success was dependent on a 4,000 yard passer that also rushed for 1,000 yards / season. I think their offense averaged over 550 ypg the past 2 seasons. After watching their Spring Game it appeared to me they have not developed a QB to fill that role.

My my, the little cow college has become as good as Alabama in just three years. Clemson will be very fortunate if they can beat Carolina at WB this year. As this season rolls in, you will soon see their cockiness wear off and fear come in their eyes at our mention. They only brag, this also speaks for their head coach, when they have the upper hand.
Seriously??? You follow recruiting, right? They might lose, but they certainly won't be "fortunate" if they win.
Clemson's success was dependent on a 4,000 yard passer that also rushed for 1,000 yards / season. I think their offense averaged over 550 ypg the past 2 seasons. After watching their Spring Game it appeared to me they have not developed a QB to fill that role.
Clemson was / is not a 1-man team. They are loaded. Additionally, everyone knows spring games prove nothing. Offense shows out, then the defense must suck or vice versa, not to mention they are not playing full speed.

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Seriously??? You follow recruiting, right? They might lose, but they certainly won't be "fortunate" if they win.

Clemson was / is not a 1-man team. Offense shows out, then the defense must suck or vice versa, not to mention they are not playing full speed.

Clemson does celebrate recruiting and base expectations for a season on stars in recruiting but a high school quarterback unranked during his recruiting cycle caught the winning TD against Alabama.

In a "slowed down" game, Clemson's QBS looked very weak and that included 5 star freshman Hunter Johnson. 6 INTS could have been made against the poor throws made in the Spring Game.

Just ignore it. Life goes on. He obviously can't get us off his mind (since we mean so little to them) if he's going to all that trouble to write that kind of list. Best way to upset an obnoxious Clemson fan: ignore them and don't acknowledge them.
I've LOVED that they STAY so obsessed with us - even at their highest point ever and among our lowest! I guess it's just habit, but to think THEIR biggest rival is REALLY Fla. St. is a joke - not to the majority of their fanbase! They've won a National Championship title that they've hungered for over 35 years yet they're STILL concerned about us - they have a huge chip on the shoulders that'll never go away.

A Clemson idiot I work with sent this email to a bunch of us today (random out of the blue). This is so over the top obnoxious that I can't even believe this guy had the gall to send this. It can be refuted in so many ways but quite frankly why waste my time! Read and let your blood boil...

We need a new rival! Ours is broke!

Sounds like a joke, but I read something this morning that pointed out Carolina isn’t really our Rival anymore. Not as rivals are typically defined. Here are some of the writer’s points he made that I agree with:

1. Florida State has become the bigger rival for Clemson. We can’t win the Division without beating them, and losing to them almost guarantees we don’t go to the playoffs.
2. When it comes to recruiting, we don’t really compete with USC that much anymore. There are a few players they’ve gotten over the years that we wanted, but fewer and fewer with each passing year. We compete for players more often with Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State and Tennessee (in that order) than we do USC recruits.
3. Name three players on USC’s current team that would start for Clemson or Alabama.
4. When recruiting, Clemson no longer asks, “who can help us beat Carolina.” They ask, “who can help us beat Florida State and win the national championship.”
5. Beating Florida State feels better now than beating Carolina. (But losing to Carolina feels worse than losing to FSU.)

Because of those 5 things, the writer says “our rival is broken.” And he’s right. We really need Carolina to pick things up. Get back on track and start competing not only for the state bragging rights, but for recruits that other SEC teams are taking from them. Maybe then we can repair this rivalry and make it relevant nationally. Until then, it’s going to become just another game on the schedule for us, and continue to be one of Carolina’s marquee wins every 3-4 years.

There is a real good reason they are pricks. It all the pimples on their faces. How would you like looking at that in the morning? Then the pain associated with shaving the white tops off of them, really pisses them
off. I know, I know you thought it was because they were trained to be rude to SC people. Well, that too.

Please explain. Enthrall me with your acumen.
The ACC for most of this decade has been considered the weakest of all power 5 conferences. The Sec took a major step back over the last 2 seasons mainly due to qb play. With the new crop of qbs in the Sec now, we will return as the best conference. Simple

The ACC for most of this decade has been considered the weakest of all power 5 conferences. The Sec took a major step back over the last 2 seasons mainly due to qb play. With the new crop of qbs in the Sec now, we will return as the best conference. Simple

Who cares - I want to see the The Gamecocks win. Simple.

Reactions: griffgolf

Clemson was / is not a 1-man team. They are loaded. Additionally, everyone knows spring games prove nothing. Offense shows out, then the defense must suck or vice versa, not to mention they are not playing full speed.
I watched every single Clemson game last season. They were easily a 4 or 5 loss team without Watson and it's not evem close. Add to that they lose their top 4 productive players on offense, almost their entire secondary, and their starting lb, i think it's safe to assume a drop off from Clemson. Especially when you look at how much improved Auburn, Va tech, and fSU will be this season

Sounds like Baghdad Bob.

Last season Clemson gave up enough points to lose to NC State, Pitt, Louisville, FSU, and Alabama. They only lost 1 of those games and the games they won was not because the Clemson defense stopped the opponent, the opponent stopped themselves or Watson outscored the opponents.

Without Watson, more 3 and outs will happen and Clemson's D will be on the field longer and the team won't have a lead to protect. The lack of offense might make their D regress also. Time will tell.

Yea, it was only because of him. It's not like they don't have a roster full of 4 and 5 stars or anything...

Yea, it was only because of him. It's not like they don't have a roster full of 4 and 5 stars or anything...
The amount of offense those teams put on Clemson's loaded defense with yardage and points is impressive and was enough to win the game. Why the roster full of 4 and 5 stars couldn't dominate the way you suggest is a head scratcher......

Nate Petermen threw 5 touchdown passes on that loaded D in their stadium and walked out a winner as after being tagged a 20+ point underdog. Petermen had to transfer from Tennessee because he could not beat out Dobbs.

Last edited:
If they feel that way let's just quit playing them.

:p:p:p:p:D:cool:

"beat us in damn near every sport".... really? You do know we won the Home grown Palmetto Pride trophy last year, which is based on head to head meetings in all sports? This current season, we are, at the moment, tied, if I'm not mistaken.

Hahaha raycock that's so cute,

you can literally have the rest of the "sports." as long as we are tapping that #$% in football, basketball, and baseball erry year, you guys can go ahead and have women's basketball, bass fishing, chess, world of war craft, etc... I assure you no one at clemson will lose sleep over any of this (if they even know about it). This is the south and we are in south carolina, we will talk about football first, basketball/baseball second, and nascar and golf in the off season.

And I'm curious now that you've brought it up, if we are tied in the palmetto pride trophy and clemson has won football, basketball and baseball... what are the victories you are claiming (besides women's basketball because a few of you have made it clear that you run that sport)?

I can't wait to see the disappointment on all of those taters faces when they go 9-3 and play in the Charlotte bowl game. Their football dynasty will be dead! At least Boulware will be able to go to all of their games since he will not make it in the NFL.

Save those emails. Chances are Clempson is going to have a significant drop this year because of Watson. (Same as we did with Shaw)
The state needs to prepare for an influx of suicidal Clempson fans in October.

Funny, we said the exact same things about them after beating them for the 5th time in a row. The difference I think the original poster is pointing out is some CU fan sent that op piece out in an email to Gamecock fans. I never get riled up with Clemson fans unless they want to start up with me. If they do, I have plenty of amunition. I was at the 2012 game at Clemson, and had a good conversation with a Tiger fan where I told him just that. I'm 58 years old, so I have lived through the rise and fall, and now rise again of CU as a football power. Almost all of the loudmouth fans weren't even born when they started cheating like nobody's business, so the only history they know is what they've been taught by the revisionists, but I can refute all of it. To this day, the loudmouth fans are the ones that never attended or donated any money to Clemson.

McIlwain looked good in his first spring game. Remember?

tenor.gif

I watched every single Clemson game last season. They were easily a 4 or 5 loss team without Watson and it's not evem close. Add to that they lose their top 4 productive players on offense, almost their entire secondary, and their starting lb, i think it's safe to assume a drop off from Clemson. Especially when you look at how much improved Auburn, Va tech, and fSU will be this season
funny how all of the other teams you mentioned will be improved yet CU will
McIlwain looked good in his first spring game. Remember?
yea, that's my point. Spring games are just a glorified practice to give the fans a taste of football and the players a taste of the gameday experience, nothing more. You can take away anything much from player performances. But Watson didn't do it alone. He had a great supporting cast. McIlwain was doing most of the work by himself and transferred at his first sign of struggling. But in all honesty, I think everyone (including McIlwain) knew Bentley was destined to be starter especially with his dad on staff.

Funny, we said the exact same things about them after beating them for the 5th time in a row. The difference I think the original poster is pointing out is some CU fan sent that op piece out in an email to Gamecock fans. I never get riled up with Clemson fans unless they want to start up with me. If they do, I have plenty of amunition. I was at the 2012 game at Clemson, and had a good conversation with a Tiger fan where I told him just that. I'm 58 years old, so I have lived through the rise and fall, and now rise again of CU as a football power. Almost all of the loudmouth fans weren't even born when they started cheating like nobody's business, so the only history they know is what they've been taught by the revisionists, but I can refute all of it. To this day, the loudmouth fans are the ones that never attended or donated any money to Clemson.

this is true about every major state university...

:p:p:p:p:D:cool:

Hahaha raycock that's so cute,

you can literally have the rest of the "sports." as long as we are tapping that #$% in football, basketball, and baseball erry year, you guys can go ahead and have women's basketball, bass fishing, chess, world of war craft, etc... I assure you no one at clemson will lose sleep over any of this (if they even know about it). This is the south and we are in south carolina, we will talk about football first, basketball/baseball second, and nascar and golf in the off season.

And I'm curious now that you've brought it up, if we are tied in the palmetto pride trophy and clemson has won football, basketball and baseball... what are the victories you are claiming (besides women's basketball because a few of you have made it clear that you run that sport)?

Cute? Haha, that sounds really like a "dick" comment. Of course at taterville, football is the ONLY sport y'all know. That's ok, soon, we'll take care of you, again, in that sport.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT