Wonder why I hate Clemson fans so much

Discussion in 'Fighting Gamecocks Forum' started by greggcock, Apr 18, 2017.

1. N.C.COCK

N.C.COCK Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You're out of your mind.

cocky lady likes this.
  2. Heyward1

Heyward1 Active Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Please explain. Enthrall me with your acumen.

3. MANAFOLD

MANAFOLD Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

My my, the little cow college has become as good as Alabama in just three years. Clemson will be very fortunate if they can beat Carolina at WB this year. As this season rolls in, you will soon see their cockiness wear off and fear come in their eyes at our mention. They only brag, this also speaks for their head coach, when they have the upper hand.

lowcountrytiger likes this.
  4. Superior7

Superior7 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Clemson's success was dependent on a 4,000 yard passer that also rushed for 1,000 yards / season. I think their offense averaged over 550 ypg the past 2 seasons. After watching their Spring Game it appeared to me they have not developed a QB to fill that role.

5. OzWizard

OzWizard Member
    Expand Collapse

Seriously??? You follow recruiting, right? They might lose, but they certainly won't be "fortunate" if they win.
    Clemson was / is not a 1-man team. They are loaded. Additionally, everyone knows spring games prove nothing. Offense shows out, then the defense must suck or vice versa, not to mention they are not playing full speed.

lowcountrytiger likes this.
  6. Superior7

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Clemson does celebrate recruiting and base expectations for a season on stars in recruiting but a high school quarterback unranked during his recruiting cycle caught the winning TD against Alabama.

In a "slowed down" game, Clemson's QBS looked very weak and that included 5 star freshman Hunter Johnson. 6 INTS could have been made against the poor throws made in the Spring Game.

7. cocky lady

cocky lady Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I've LOVED that they STAY so obsessed with us - even at their highest point ever and among our lowest! I guess it's just habit, but to think THEIR biggest rival is REALLY Fla. St. is a joke - not to the majority of their fanbase! They've won a National Championship title that they've hungered for over 35 years yet they're STILL concerned about us - they have a huge chip on the shoulders that'll never go away.

8. mauze1

mauze1 Active Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

There is a real good reason they are pricks. It all the pimples on their faces. How would you like looking at that in the morning? Then the pain associated with shaving the white tops off of them, really pisses them
    off. I know, I know you thought it was because they were trained to be rude to SC people. Well, that too.

9. cockyboyjae

cockyboyjae Member
    Expand Collapse

The ACC for most of this decade has been considered the weakest of all power 5 conferences. The Sec took a major step back over the last 2 seasons mainly due to qb play. With the new crop of qbs in the Sec now, we will return as the best conference. Simple

10. Heyward1

Heyward1 Active Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Who cares - I want to see the The Gamecocks win. Simple.

griffgolf likes this.
  11. cockyboyjae

cockyboyjae Member
    Expand Collapse

I watched every single Clemson game last season. They were easily a 4 or 5 loss team without Watson and it's not evem close. Add to that they lose their top 4 productive players on offense, almost their entire secondary, and their starting lb, i think it's safe to assume a drop off from Clemson. Especially when you look at how much improved Auburn, Va tech, and fSU will be this season

12. cockyboyjae

cockyboyjae Member
    Expand Collapse

I answered your question, that you asked, so you must've cared genius.

13. galebreak

galebreak Member
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like Baghdad Bob.

14. cockynSC66

cockynSC66 Member
    Expand Collapse

Yea, it was only because of him. It's not like they don't have a roster full of 4 and 5 stars or anything...

15. Superior7

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

The amount of offense those teams put on Clemson's loaded defense with yardage and points is impressive and was enough to win the game. Why the roster full of 4 and 5 stars couldn't dominate the way you suggest is a head scratcher......

Nate Petermen threw 5 touchdown passes on that loaded D in their stadium and walked out a winner as after being tagged a 20+ point underdog. Petermen had to transfer from Tennessee because he could not beat out Dobbs.

55 Superior7, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  16. IH8FATBRAD

IH8FATBRAD Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

If they feel that way let's just quit playing them.

17. carobok

carobok New Member
    Expand Collapse

:p:p:p:p:D:cool:

Hahaha raycock that's so cute,

you can literally have the rest of the "sports." as long as we are tapping that #$% in football, basketball, and baseball erry year, you guys can go ahead and have women's basketball, bass fishing, chess, world of war craft, etc... I assure you no one at clemson will lose sleep over any of this (if they even know about it). This is the south and we are in south carolina, we will talk about football first, basketball/baseball second, and nascar and golf in the off season.

And I'm curious now that you've brought it up, if we are tied in the palmetto pride trophy and clemson has won football, basketball and baseball... what are the victories you are claiming (besides women's basketball because a few of you have made it clear that you run that sport)?

18. CockyinMTP

CockyinMTP Member
    Expand Collapse

I can't wait to see the disappointment on all of those taters faces when they go 9-3 and play in the Charlotte bowl game. Their football dynasty will be dead! At least Boulware will be able to go to all of their games since he will not make it in the NFL.

19. wallycock

wallycock Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Funny, we said the exact same things about them after beating them for the 5th time in a row. The difference I think the original poster is pointing out is some CU fan sent that op piece out in an email to Gamecock fans. I never get riled up with Clemson fans unless they want to start up with me. If they do, I have plenty of amunition. I was at the 2012 game at Clemson, and had a good conversation with a Tiger fan where I told him just that. I'm 58 years old, so I have lived through the rise and fall, and now rise again of CU as a football power. Almost all of the loudmouth fans weren't even born when they started cheating like nobody's business, so the only history they know is what they've been taught by the revisionists, but I can refute all of it. To this day, the loudmouth fans are the ones that never attended or donated any money to Clemson.

20. wallycock

wallycock Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

McIlwain looked good in his first spring game. Remember?

21. uscbeckham

uscbeckham Moderator
    Expand Collapse

22. OzWizard

OzWizard Member
    Expand Collapse

funny how all of the other teams you mentioned will be improved yet CU will
    yea, that's my point. Spring games are just a glorified practice to give the fans a taste of football and the players a taste of the gameday experience, nothing more. You can take away anything much from player performances. But Watson didn't do it alone. He had a great supporting cast. McIlwain was doing most of the work by himself and transferred at his first sign of struggling. But in all honesty, I think everyone (including McIlwain) knew Bentley was destined to be starter especially with his dad on staff.

23. OzWizard

OzWizard Member
    Expand Collapse

this is true about every major state university...

24. ExpatCarolinian

Expand Collapse

And private universities too. Look at all the Duke basketball fans. 99% of them probably couldn't have even applied to Duke.

25. Harvard Gamecock

Harvard Gamecock Active Member
    Expand Collapse

and private universities as well, every school has the "sidewalk fans", just part of the game.

26. raycock2001

raycock2001 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Cute? Haha, that sounds really like a "dick" comment. Of course at taterville, football is the ONLY sport y'all know. That's ok, soon, we'll take care of you, again, in that sport.