ADVERTISEMENT

Worst defense in Gamecock History

luvmygamecocks

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2006
Columbia
in 50 years of following Gamecock football this has to be the worst Carolina defense I've ever seen. Horrible linebackers and defensive backs with below average defensive line. Ole Miss will finish with 800 yards and qb will have over 650 by himself. Clemson will score 80 on us I'm afraid.

in 50 years of following Gamecock football this has to be the worst Carolina defense I've ever seen. Horrible linebackers and defensive backs with below average defensive line. Ole Miss will finish with 800 yards and qb will have over 650 by himself. Clemson will score 80 on us I'm afraid.

Then you must have memory loss. Defense is bad yes but worse ever ? Nope. And I’ve followed them same amount of years

Not the worst I've ever seen for sure...but today is tough sledding for sure.
Keep in mind Ole Miss is #6 in total offense and thats having played some solid teams

Reactions: wentzel25
It doesn't help that the offense continues to go fast and not give defense much time to rest. I thought we were not going to get into a shoot out with these guys. We ran the plays that last drive with 17-18 sec. on the clock and gave them the ball back with plenty of time. Use the clock and they don't have time left! May not matter in the second half as we have so many players down now, Hope some of these inexperienced guys can perform for us as replacements.

It ain't the players it's the scheme.
Pretty much. I'd say 75% scheme, 25% players. I'd rather attack on defense and take my chances instead of sitting back and getting shredded the whole game. If nothing changes, the only chance we have is scoring touchdowns on every possession.

Pretty much. I'd say 75% scheme, 25% players. I'd rather attack on defense and take my chances instead of sitting back and getting shredded the whole game. If nothing changes, the only chance we have is scoring touchdowns on every possession.
All camp we hear about the physical practices then ask the DB to play soft we're not making them make plays we're giving them plays.

Reactions: cockroche
It ain't the players it's the scheme.

I think it’s both. And we’ve had some bad performances before (Moe Williams, McFadden, 75% of Heisman winners) but this is right up there with the worst. And as far as a season goes, it’s as bad as I can remember. Sad thing is it seems to be getting worse as the season goes on.

OMG the RBS are 5 yards down the field before anyone touches them . All receivers are wide open.

And MusCHUMP is the absolute worst coach I've ever seen at Carolina! Lucky for us he and TRob are both defensive genius gurus .... oh, and great recruiters too! RollLaugh

Reactions: trekcock
It’s like watching one of those summertime 7-on-7 camp recruiting highlight videos.

Ole Miss was known to be piss-poor on D, with a pretty good Offense. Just didn’t expect them to light up the Gamecocks this badly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT