ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Team in History?

Come on now--we held them to just 12 runs. :) ***

3dgrin.r191677.gif

66 years old here...40 years of baseball season tickets (to include this year), and this is the worst and most hopeless baseball team that I have ever seen.

Originally posted by RayGilda:
66 years old here...40 years of baseball season tickets (to include this year), and this is the worst and most hopeless baseball team that I have ever seen.
Says it all..

Originally posted by john bucegi:

Says it all..
I'm almost 79.....have a real good memory.....never seen it any worse.

How would you like someone to call your children "hopeless" on a public forum?
if you've been following the Gamecocks that long...then you probably know what it means to support the Gamecocks through thick and thin. Shame on you for trashing one of our teams publicly. You should know better.

Obviously, you don't post on here very much judging by the number of posts.

I'm 52 and a diehard since 1968. I don't recall ever consistently losing baseball games by double digits. This is the worst stretch I've ever seen. It's painful.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Garnet Man:

How would you like someone to call your children "hopeless" on a public forum?
if you've been following the Gamecocks that long...then you probably know what it means to support the Gamecocks through thick and thin. Shame on you for trashing one of our teams publicly. You should know better.

Obviously, you don't post on here very much judging by the number of posts.
sign0003.r191677.gif

....& if this right here doesn't say Chad Holbroke needs to go, nothing ever will!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by jon#:
Go back and look at the 90s. Bad decade.
Yes. The 90s were a bad decade. However.....the badness of the 90s didn't follow greatness. Holbroke's squad is following ABSOLUTE GREATNESS. He has to go the day after the season ends!!

Sorry, but 40 years of season tickets in baseball, basketball and football and untold tens of thousands of dollars for those tickets give me some rights.

As this is a free country, I am allowed my opinion. I am not "trashing" the team, I am simply telling the truth. You have the right to live with your head in the sand and accept what is going on, just as I have the right to state my observations. This is a conservative state...and many who live here hate change. Well, every once in a while change is necessary, like it or not.

The young men on this team are trying...and most have tremendous talent, but the coaching is atrocious. I have been to virtually every game since Holbrook took over. He is simply NOT a head coach. Many of the games that we have won were won despite his coaching decisions. He might one day be a good or even great head coach, however he should "learn his trade" at some other school, not USC. We are not a proving ground...or some kind of training facility for coaches. Our players and fans deserve the best. We have earned that right. Holbrook has not earned the right to be a head coach at South Carolina.

You should be ashamed for ignoring the truth and living in denial. I am 66 years old. I don't have "time" to let some coach learn his trade at the expense of our once very good baseball program. South Carolina baseball was the "crown jewel" of our sports program and the one program that we could all look forward to with pride when all of the other sports programs were languishing in mediocrity. Three years of steady decline is enough. If people do not speak out, our program might never recover...at least not in my lifetime. Sorry, I do not have "time" to "train" Holbrook to be a head coach. He has had three years with tons of talent and very good recruiting classes and he has simply failed. It is time for change..

"this is the worst and most hopeless baseball team that I have ever seen. "

DITTO. And I watched the Great Steve Wadiak as a lad - my first college FB Game. We beat Weak Forest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT