ADVERTISEMENT

Would Chad Morris come here?

No, he's a Texas guy. He probably wants the UT job when Strong gets canned.

Thinking the same thing. He hates losing. But I have it on fairly good word that Kirby Smart is the probable next coach. Not good enough word to bet on it,though.
Would Kirby come here with UGA on our schedule every year? Thought that was a no-go for him. I like Carey because he has a track record as a head coach and in developing players.

You guys need to look at the guy who was the Head Coach at Northern Illinois prior to Carey....Dave Doeren. In 2 years there he won 2 conference championships, with the second one resulting in NI going to the Orange Bowl. In 2 years, his NI teams went 23-4 with an explosive offense. He left them for NC State. In his 2nd year at Raleigh, he went 8-5 with the 3rd youngest team in the nation. While his offenses have been explosive, he has also had experience as Defensive Coordinator. He also is very familiar with the recruiting part of the job, since he served in that position at Kansas. His teams at NI and NC State have improved each year record-wise.

Reactions: king ward
Would Kirby come here with UGA on our schedule every year? Thought that was a no-go for him. I like Carey because he has a track record as a head coach and in developing players.
Coaches have basically becomes whores for the right money so I'd say yes. And who's to blame the coaches? There's a lot of things I might do for $4 million. I like that Carey is under 50.

You guys need to look at the guy who was the Head Coach at Northern Illinois prior to Carey....Dave Doeren. In 2 years there he won 2 conference championships, with the second one resulting in NI going to the Orange Bowl. In 2 years, his NI teams went 23-4 with an explosive offense. He left them for NC State. In his 2nd year at Raleigh, he went 8-5 with the 3rd youngest team in the nation. While his offenses have been explosive, he has also had experience as Defensive Coordinator. He also is very familiar with the recruiting part of the job, since he served in that position at Kansas. His teams at NI and NC State have improved each year record-wise.
Dave Doeren is one of the best coaches out there, in my opinion.

I don't care how well they can coach. Just be a great recruiter and hire good coordinators. Seems to be working alright for Clemson

My top choice would be Lane Kiffin...I know, I know, but Spurrier was as hated as anyone and Kiffin is young, can recruit, knows offense and would keep us as a national media must. I think he would be on his last gig with us because he crashed his dream job. I would like to see that happen with a second choice being a successful young guy at a mid level school. The HOF coaches are NOT what we need. I want someone young enough to relate to high school kids and cares about recruiting. Hell...Kiffin will send beautiful girls to a high school game....it might not be a great thing but at least he was pulling out all stops. We send a lazy ass Deke, Jr, and Ward......I would be more impressed with the girls....lol.....

Lane Kiffin? Name a coach who has done less with more in any sport
He had nothing to work with, with the Raiders (my team) and took over a dumpster fire at Tennessee. He recruited well and won at Tennessee before running to So.Cal.....he still recruited well at So. Cal. but the infighting of the high profile staff hurt him there.....he has settled in at Alabama but Saban is the fall guy there. I think Kiffin would be our shortest route to rebuilding the program. The guy can coach offense...he hires quality assistants...and can recruit with the best of them. He is a scumbag outside of that but nice guys finish last.

You all are overthinking this way too much. Our next coach is already on staff. Haven't you noticed the grooming and added responsibilities?

Before you all rip me a new one, I seriously hope I'm wrong.

He had nothing to work with, with the Raiders (my team) and took over a dumpster fire at Tennessee. He recruited well and won at Tennessee before running to So.Cal.
He created the dumpster fire at Tennessee. He did not recruit well at all and finished one game over .500. I think he would be a wonderful hire for South Carolina.

Chad Morris? In the cola-wars he'd be RC.

When it's 'time' we ain't gonna' settle for Dr. Pepper, Grape Nehi, Pepsi or some version of a big 'ol 'orange drink' ... we'll install a Coca-Cola product.

What about
Pat Fitzgerald at Northwestern
Mike Gundy at OK St
Kyle Wittingham at Utah.
You all are overthinking this way too much. Our next coach is already on staff. Haven't you noticed the grooming and added responsibilities?

Before you all rip me a new one, I seriously hope I'm wrong.

That's the elephant in the room we all want to pretend is not there. If it was to happen, Tanner would need to hire bodyguards, for himself.

No, he's a Texas guy. He probably wants the UT job when Strong gets canned.
He's actually an A&M guy. Think he'll stay at SMU (LOTS OF $$ there). The A&M coach can probably be bought if they have some good success this year, opening the door for Morris.
Maybe we'll for for Snyder at KSU.....we seem to like legends at other schools. We sold our soul for SOS and now we're getting paid back for 3 good years....

Lane Kiffin is the Kardashian of college football.

He also harshly insulted our program, remember?!

My top choice would be Lane Kiffin...I know, I know, but Spurrier was as hated as anyone and Kiffin is young, can recruit, knows offense and would keep us as a national media must. I think he would be on his last gig with us because he crashed his dream job. I would like to see that happen with a second choice being a successful young guy at a mid level school. The HOF coaches are NOT what we need. I want someone young enough to relate to high school kids and cares about recruiting. Hell...Kiffin will send beautiful girls to a high school game....it might not be a great thing but at least he was pulling out all stops. We send a lazy ass Deke, Jr, and Ward......I would be more impressed with the girls....lol.....

Don't discard me or be offended at this, but Chad Morris isn't coming to Columbia, SC to coach. The only way he would come back to this state would be to coach Clemson. And to be honest the chances of him coming to Clemson should Dabo leave sometime down the road I think the chances of Chad coming from Texas are slim to none and slim has already left town.

Now a coach I think you could get that would place the right coordinators in place and would out recruit Spurrier by a long shot would be Charlie Strong. From what I'm hearing, he isn't getting much support in Texas. It is a huge football state and there are a lot of good teams to compete with.

I would go for Charlie Strong and as I said above I would look into the coach from North Dakota State. Just my opinion. I am not slamming SC. I think if you guys had a longer time period of strong play in the SEC and maybe winning the conference (I know, easier said than done) you guys would have coaches lining up. Lastly, if you want to keep your program clean and off the NCAA's list I would stay away from Freeze.

Reactions: gpcocks
Surely we can pull better than some 1 year wonder of NCSU and Houston?
FWIW, Urban Meyer coached 2 years at Bowling Green, then 2 years at Utah before heading to Florida. That turned out pretty well. Who's to say one of these "one year wonders" won't be the next Urban Meyer?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT