ADVERTISEMENT

Would Chad Morris come here?

Kiffin, Strong, f'ing C. Morris? Are all these jokes? How about let's go after some talent in the coaching ranks when it's the right time.

First things first.....get the right head recruiter in here. They're not coming, but you go after a K. Kingsbury type, or Art Briles kid...someone who possesses the "want to" in recruiting and the knowledge on the field to produce quality results for many years. I don't know if we can attract that.

THE GUY TO GO GET IS ERIC WOLFORD !!!!!!!!!!! That balance that he offered our pass happy HC, that recruiting of OL and run game personnel that just left and helped pave the way for a few 11 win seasons.......how in the hell isn't this being mentioned. Seriously....somebody start a grassroots campaign for Wolford to get back here. Tireless recruiter, expert talent evaluator, and was able to get them in the door.

Reactions: NetworkX
Charlie Strong = Upside good recruiter, one of the best defensive minds in the business, appears to run clean programs Downside: might max out at 8-9 wins
Butch Davis = GREAT recruiter, record of developing talent, shown that he can compete with the "big boys" Downside: Significant NCAA baggage, age
Ed Orgeron: One of the best recruiters in the country. Downside: OK record a talent development, limited track record of success as a HC, some close calls with NCAA

If you want to build for the long term Strong is the guy. The quick fix (not saying this is bad at all) would be Davis and/or Orgeron.

Don't discard me or be offended at this, but Chad Morris isn't coming to Columbia, SC to coach. The only way he would come back to this state would be to coach Clemson. And to be honest the chances of him coming to Clemson should Dabo leave sometime down the road I think the chances of Chad coming from Texas are slim to none and slim has already left town.

Now a coach I think you could get that would place the right coordinators in place and would out recruit Spurrier by a long shot would be Charlie Strong. From what I'm hearing, he isn't getting much support in Texas. It is a huge football state and there are a lot of good teams to compete with.

I would go for Charlie Strong and as I said above I would look into the coach from North Dakota State. Just my opinion. I am not slamming SC. I think if you guys had a longer time period of strong play in the SEC and maybe winning the conference (I know, easier said than done) you guys would have coaches lining up. Lastly, if you want to keep your program clean and off the NCAA's list I would stay away from Freeze.

Morris was born and raised in Texas. His family is in Texas. His wife's family is in Texas. His alma mater is in Texas. He had 15 very successful years at 5 different HS in which he won multiple state tiles....you get it...in Texas. In other words, Morris isn't leaving Texas. He is currently in his dream job, 2nd only to A&M.

He created the dumpster fire at Tennessee. He did not recruit well at all and finished one game over .500. I think he would be a wonderful hire for South Carolina.
I beg to differ........The Vols won seven games in 2009, including victories over nationally ranked rivals Georgia and South Carolina. First-year head coach Lane Kiffin was putting the finishing touches on a top five recruiting class, and some of the new players had already arrived on campus as early enrollees.
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...iffin-bolted-tennessee-an-oral-history-072914

FWIW, Urban Meyer coached 2 years at Bowling Green, then 2 years at Utah before heading to Florida. That turned out pretty well. Who's to say one of these "one year wonders" won't be the next Urban Meyer?
And Herman coached under Urban for several years as his OC and QB coach. Has had prolific offenses wherever he has coached...Iowa State, Rice, etc.

Mutual respect is essential for any relationship, including the University of South Carolina football team and its head coach.
Kiffin has no respect for our program, and Spurrier's past insults have nothing to do with any of this.

What do you think of my Kardashian comment? Kiffin used his family name to snag his coaching jobs. He was 5-15 overall in the NFL! In college he's 35-21 (21-16) as head coach, and that's mostly with plenty of talent and recruiting pull at Southern Cal.

EDIT: I forgot this hilarious tidbit: "During the 2012 season, Kiffin became the first coach since 1964 to take the pre-season #1 ranked team to unranked by the end of the season."

How many programs has Spurrier insulted....give me a break !

Last edited:
My top choice would be Lane Kiffin...I know, I know, but Spurrier was as hated as anyone and Kiffin is young, can recruit, knows offense and would keep us as a national media must. I think he would be on his last gig with us because he crashed his dream job. I would like to see that happen with a second choice being a successful young guy at a mid level school. The HOF coaches are NOT what we need. I want someone young enough to relate to high school kids and cares about recruiting. Hell...Kiffin will send beautiful girls to a high school game....it might not be a great thing but at least he was pulling out all stops. We send a lazy ass Deke, Jr, and Ward......I would be more impressed with the girls....lol.....
I agree here, I too like Lame Kitten as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT