ADVERTISEMENT

Would Jake be starting anywhere else in the SEC?

joplin gamecock1

Nov 27, 2016
After pre season talk about being the best in the conference,I really dont think he would be a starter on any other team considering the inconsistancy and mis reads thru the first 4 games.

Reactions: griffgolf
After pre season talk about being the best in the conference,I really dont think he would be a starter on any other team considering the inconsistancy and mis reads thru the first 4 games.

I think you're wrong... He can start at Bama or Georgia... Somewhere with a real offensive coordinator who can actually develop QB's...

Really? Wow. He would start for Florida, Tennessee, Missouri, Vandy, Kentucky, Mississippi, LSU, Arkansas, Texas AM at least. So much for the best fans in football. You couldnt tell it by this board. You win for the most idiotic question ever.

He wouldn't start at Ol' Miss. But the other schools I agree he would start or at least have a chance to start.

Hahaha! Is the op serious or is this thread meant to be sarcastic? Sometimes I wonder if this is a 12 and under message board

Reactions: cocky4
Patterson for Ole Miss threw 3 ints against California last week... dont think Bentley has ever done that. I would say Bentley would start at Miss. State too but Fitzgerald runs alot for them.

Some of you need to get off of Bentley jock. He isn't this great qb or at least not playing that way. There are several SEC qbs I would take over Jake at this moment. If Jake were playing at least like a top 5 sec qb we'd be undefeated right now.

Patterson for Ole Miss threw 3 ints against California last week... dont think Bentley has ever done that. I would say Bentley would start at Miss. State too but Fitzgerald runs alot for them.

Well, only because Jake got benched against Clemson, which has never happened to Patterson. No point in placing too many expectations on Bentley. I wish we could find a medium between "he couldn't start for another SEC school" and "he's the best quarterback in the SEC."

Reactions: ChuckCock32
Stupidest post I've seen on here which trumps the one earlier about Bentley. He completes almost 70%. Absolute mind boggling the lack of knowledge our fan base has. Hurts completes 50% today.

Yes he could. He's not the problem. If our Oline didn't stink (as it has for many years) then he would have more time. We are depleted and have very little to no depth.

Reactions: 11tigers11
Stupidest post I've seen on here which trumps the one earlier about Bentley. He completes almost 70%. Absolute mind boggling the lack of knowledge our fan base has. Hurts completes 50% today.
Do you watch the games? Who cares if he completes 70% of his throws if he misses 70% of the ones that matter. He has made every game closer than it had to be. Wide receivers are getting open and he is either overthrowing them or skipping it to them. It happened just today. He had Edwards down the right sideline but he airmailed it.

Well, only because Jake got benched against Clemson, which has never happened to Patterson. No point in placing too many expectations on Bentley. I wish we could find a medium between "he couldn't start for another SEC school" and "he's the best quarterback in the SEC."
He got pulled from Clemson so he wouldn't die on the field. That was the most vicious defense he has ever faced. He's a warrior and I like what he brings to the table.

He's better than Eason. Haven't seen enough of Fromm and it's hard to judge since y'all have an O line and a running game. I bet you y'all wouldn't miss a beat with Bentley.

Maybe you haven't seen enough of Fromm, but everyone else on our schedule has, I don't know how many he threw tonight, not too many but was somewhere around 11 or 15 with 2 drops, 2 TDs for over 200 yards. Besides being extremely accurate, with all his intangibles I wouldn't swap him for any QB in the SEC. He isn't going to wow you with his running but he is a tremendous leader.

Maybe you haven't seen enough of Fromm, but everyone else on our schedule has, I don't know how many he threw tonight, not too many but was somewhere around 11 or 15 with 2 drops, 2 TDs for over 200 yards. Besides being extremely accurate, with all his intangibles I wouldn't swap him for any QB in the SEC. He isn't going to wow you with his running but he is a tremendous leader.

Don't y'all have what you call???? An offensive line that can actually block???

Wildly inaccurate? Hardly. He missed a few today. But he also made a lot of great throws today. Especially in the last 55 seconds of the game

You fail to see the point here in this debate. It was against La Tech from CUSA. If he and the rest of the team play like that against UGA, UF or any other decent teams on the schedule then it's not close in the last 55 seconds. He's a good QB with some growing to do but YES, he has accuracy issues.

Don't y'all have what you call???? An offensive line that can actually block???

Not till tonight, actually started showing improvement last week, but against Samford it was hard to tell. Tonight the OL played pretty dang good. I am not trying to be disrespectful here, but Bentley has too much of the offense on him, either by the coaches or him, and looks like he is pressing to make a play. Granted Fromm doesn't have that pressure and can play more within himself and the flow of the game.

Not till tonight, actually started showing improvement last week, but against Samford it was hard to tell. Tonight the OL played pretty dang good. I am not trying to be disrespectful here, but Bentley has too much of the offense on him, either by the coaches or him, and looks like he is pressing to make a play. Granted Fromm doesn't have that pressure and can play more within himself and the flow of the game.

If Jake didn't go rogue today, we lose that game to La Tech...

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Jake will get better in time. Our receiver's are making great adjustment when he throws behind them. Thank God he didn't get Jacob Austin broke in half today. He missed Bryan Edwards again this week for TD. Hopefully next week he will be on and make the right reads.

Some of you need to get off of Bentley jock. He isn't this great qb or at least not playing that way. There are several SEC qbs I would take over Jake at this moment. If Jake were playing at least like a top 5 sec qb we'd be undefeated right now.

Stupidest comment ever! Jake not the problem. Kicking and offensive play calling the worst. Jake, although not perfect without a running game and poor offensive line, I'd say he has done a good job

Reactions: ansoncock
This game is no different than most for Jake look at his numbers. His QBR was within 2-3 puts of his career average. There were a lot projecting big improvements for him this year and he has been pretty consistent throughout his career. The improvement has just not been there. He has never been a numbers guy

i remember bret farve wasn't good enough to start for the falcons.

I think a better question would be what would any other QB do behind our line?

Reactions: ansoncock
Uh... play well...

This was going into yesterday.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-qbs-facing-pressure-2017/

And Bentley lived in a clean pocket yesterday. Pass blocking as been really good.

Thanks for posting that. It's a myth that our pass blocking is terrible.

DKTOMJLVwAIxpgT.jpg

What's most impressive is that we faced 3 Power 5 teams over that span.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT