ADVERTISEMENT

Would Jake be starting anywhere else in the SEC?

This thread is a dead giveaway that the OP doesn't actually watch SEC football...

So many bad QB's in the league right now. Jake would easily start at a handful of them.

Stupidest comment ever! Jake not the problem. Kicking and offensive play calling the worst. Jake, although not perfect without a running game and poor offensive line, I'd say he has done a good job
I'm tired of people watching Jake over/under throw wide open receivers yet blame everybody but him. Jake pocket has been clean, he is just missing throws. I can name at least 7-8 High school level throws that had he made, we'd be undefeated right now. This is just a fact. He is inconsistent. He is throwing around 65%, but he is missing about 70% OF the game changing throws.

After pre season talk about being the best in the conference,I really dont think he would be a starter on any other team considering the inconsistancy and mis reads thru the first 4 games.
Someone posted a link to his tendency to rush his passes which causes throws to empty spaces (deep ball yesterday that wr could not catch up to in the 4th.). It is fixable, maybe he is too jacked up.

He reminds me of Jimmy Clausen. Has the popular taught mechanics and decent footwork. A bit undersized, but has a live arm. Seems to understand the offense, at least on the surface. Gets the ball out on time and accurately on short routes. But has some real issues with pocket awareness, doesn't let intermediate and deep routes develop and gets under his deep throws. Took Clausen about 20 games to learn how to climb the pocket and step into his deep throws, rather than nervously bunny hop while backing up and throw it too early.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT