ADVERTISEMENT

Would you sign Antonio Brown ??

BobbyB1975

Sep 9, 2018
He’s still an elite WR but not sure I want this guy on my team . Seems like he’s turned into a major diva last year . Sat out the last game , criticizes coaches , upset at teammates for voting Juju Smith Schuster as team MVP instead on him , walked out of practice etc etc ... He’s pushing 30 and is gonna want another massive contract . As good as he is (or was), not sure I would want him on my team especially if I had a young QB . Not a Steelers fan but I think they may be better off with Connor and Juju than the drama tag team of Le’veon and Antonio Brown . Would you sign this guy to a max deal ??

Nah. I wouldn't. I'd sign Julian Edelman first. He could get open in a phone booth.

Here's a question for somebody. Why is so many really gifted wide receivers seem such divas. Thinking back to guys like Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Michael Crabtree, Keyshawn Johnson, the guy in Dallas whose name I can't think of, and I'm probably leaving a lot out.

Course, Jerry Rice is probably greatest of all time and he wasn't a diva, so maybe it just seems that way.

Brown will have a decent attitude on a team early on, as long as the QB can get him the ball. If you are a team an elite WR away, sure sign him. I’m not sure the 49ers are in that position and I’m not sure Brown would be as happy there as he thinks he would be. If that is indeed where he ends up. And typically teams don’t want to trade a guy like Brown to a serious contender. This could backfire.

Nah. I wouldn't. I'd sign Julian Edelman first. He could get open in a phone booth.

Here's a question for somebody. Why is so many really gifted wide receivers seem such divas. Thinking back to guys like Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Michael Crabtree, Keyshawn Johnson, the guy in Dallas whose name I can't think of, and I'm probably leaving a lot out.

Course, Jerry Rice is probably greatest of all time and he wasn't a diva, so maybe it just seems that way.

Michael Irving is probably who you are thinking of . He was the OG of diva receivers . Chad Johnson , sorry Ochocinco was as bad as it got . I think it’s kinda of a prerequisite. I think there’s a difference between being a competitive cocky player and a diva . Guys like Steve Smith and Hines Ward were super cocky but they are also team first guys . It seems like being a diva is a prerequisite to being a great WR now .

Michael Irving is probably who you are thinking of . He was the OG of diva receivers . Chad Johnson , sorry Ochocinco was as bad as it got . I think it’s kinda of a prerequisite. I think there’s a difference between being a competitive cocky player and a diva . Guys like Steve Smith and Hines Ward were super cocky but they are also team first guys . It seems like being a diva is a prerequisite to being a great WR now .

Keep in mind a lot of this is self-promotion / marketing. These guys know that if they can make a name for themselves, that means even more $$. What’s crazy is that in a guy like TO’s case, it may have tainted his career. His #’s are amazingly good but overshadowed by his antics.

DBs do it a lot too.

Keep in mind a lot of this is self-promotion / marketing. These guys know that if they can make a name for themselves, that means even more $$. What’s crazy is that in a guy like TO’s case, it may have tainted his career. His #’s are amazingly good but overshadowed by his antics.

DBs do it a lot too.

Absolutely . Without the drama TO is a first ballet Hall of Famer unquestionably. I saw a pretty interesting take on the radio that’s eye opening . Who was the last Super Bowl winning team with a top 5 WR ?? Basically what they were saying is if you invest 15 to 16 million in a WR and probably 20 Million + on a QB to throw to him you that leaves you almost no Cap space to build . Interesting to think about . Brady hasn’t had an Elite WR since Moss and they never won a Super Bowl with him . Atlanta got close with Julio but we know what happened there . When TO was in his prime with the Eagles they lost to the Pats . Crazy to think about it . You might have to go all the way back to Jerry Rice or Michael Irving . Pretty wild .

The Jets need a WR bad but I doubt they could handle his attitude. He'd do well at a team like New England and they need a big play receiver. They just won a superbowl without one. Adding one would make them that much better.

The Jets need a WR bad but I doubt they could handle his attitude. He'd do well at a team like New England and they need a big play receiver. They just won a superbowl without one. Adding one would make them that much better.

Yeah he needs to go to a team with a strong personality QB Brady , Brees, Rogers , Rivers . A team where the QB’s would check him pretty quick if he got cocky . Jeezz can you imagine Brady with Antonio Brown and Edelman , not to mention if Josh Gordon comes back . Wow .

Reactions: funktavious
Yeah he needs to go to a team with a strong personality QB Brady , Brees, Rogers , Rivers . A team where the QB’s would check him pretty quick if he got cocky . Jeezz can you imagine Brady with Antonio Brown and Edelman , not to mention if Josh Gordon comes back . Wow .

Pencil them into the Super Bowl even if they just had Brown and Edelman. Not that you couldn’t go ahead do that anyway

Reactions: funktavious

Irvin not Irving, or more recently Dez Bryant .. both of which were divas.

He’s still an elite WR but not sure I want this guy on my team . Seems like he’s turned into a major diva last year . Sat out the last game , criticizes coaches , upset at teammates for voting Juju Smith Schuster as team MVP instead on him , walked out of practice etc etc ... He’s pushing 30 and is gonna want another massive contract . As good as he is (or was), not sure I would want him on my team especially if I had a young QB . Not a Steelers fan but I think they may be better off with Connor and Juju than the drama tag team of Le’veon and Antonio Brown . Would you sign this guy to a max deal ??
Hell no. I wouldn’t release and lose the money I would sit his ass on the bench and start recapping some money. I would fine him for every little thing he did at the end of the year separately and the fines would be ridiculous. I would fine him for every tweet as actions detrimental to the team & game. I would require he go to a counselor at least twice s week, he would have to have weekly meeting with QB, all Coaches. Any time he did anything he would be suspended from a game or two without pay. Steelers could recoup some of their money and brown will be 3 yrs older and had not played much ball. They can ruin him. He thinks he is in charge but if I was the boss he would quickly learn he is an undisciplined paid employee and that is all

He played with Big Ben and accused him of having an “owner mentality” for being able to speak out and criticize players. Sounds like Brown is soft. He’s also jealous that the team voted JuJu Smith-Schuster as their team MVP, basically telling Brown he wasn’t even the best WR on their team this season.

Honestly, this situation has Miami written all over it. No way Pittsburgh will trade Brown to a contender in the AFC and have to go through him to reach the Super Bowl.

Reactions: Jpcooper
You guys put too many feelings in this stuff.

I’ll bring him to Dallas...ballers gonna ‘ball’!

Irvin was emotional but not a diva. He was about winning- he wanted everyone around him to be willing to be willing to do whatever it took to win. He wanted to win, win, win, and when he did- he let you know he did. LOL

You're thinking of TO (Terel Owens). Great talent- bad head.

Reactions: DeepfriedCock
Rothlisberger (sp?) isn't a strong personality QB?

Rothlisberger (sp?) isn't a strong personality QB?

Yeah he normally is . Either it’s Ben or Tomlin that’s the problem . Between Antonio and Le’von the egos are just running wild . If I was Pittsburg I would trade them both to Buffalo or somewhere very bad and unpleasant !!!

Yeah he normally is . Either it’s Ben or Tomlin that’s the problem . Between Antonio and Le’von the egos are just running wild . If I was Pittsburg I would trade them both to Buffalo or somewhere very bad and unpleasant !!!
They are sort of like the anti-Patriots. I doubt Belicek would let that stuff persist for very long. He even tamed Randy Moss. I could come back to the Steelers once Ben is gone. He's the personality that I really don't like.

Disclosure: posted by a Patriots fan (but not a fanatic).

Personally wouldnt really want him on my team but my reason would be as much about sinking that kind of money into a WR (cap space, etc.), especially one who seems to put himself above the team too often. I much prefer the demeanor of guys like Julio or Alshon.
But, if the price was right and the cap room worked out (I know very little about all that)....I'd take a chance on him possibly.
Someone mentioned the Patriots above....if he wants to win I'd go there, put the work in and shut my mouth, and get me a ring

Last edited:
Personally wouldnt really want him on my team but my reason would be as much about sinking that kind of money into a WR (cap space, etc.), especially one who seems to put himself above the team too often. I much prefer the demeanor of guys like Julio or Alshon.
But, if the price was right and the cap room worked out (I know very little about all that)....I'd take a chance on him possibly.
Someone mentioned the Patriots above....if he wants to win I'd go there, put the work in and shut my mouth, and get me a ring

Saw an interesting stat this morning . Guess who was the last All Pro Wr or RB to win a Super Bowl . It was Marvin Harrison when the Colts beat the Bears . That was a long time ago !!!

Would you sign Kareem Hunt?
Yes him and Cubb with Baker at QB. You have the best young Backfield in the league. The DA reviewed the tape he has no legal issues a clean record never been arrested. The league will probably suspend him 6 to 8 games. He'll be fresh at the right time. If Cleveland gets better on defense they'll make the playoffs.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT