ADVERTISEMENT

Wounded and doomed 49ers

FCB 2013 treble

Dec 14, 2016
The San Francisco quaterbach position took a beating yesterday with the third and forth string quarterbachs leaving the game due to injuries. I hated that San Francisco put Purdy back in the game after Johnson left game with concussion, but what are the 49ers to do with no other option.

Since Purdy could not really throw the ball, the 49ers tried trick plays in which Samuel with the ball was running for his life looking like an Antelope while the Eagles defense looked like lions chasing the Antelope.

I thought the officiating crew had the San Francisco defense under the microscope and called just about every little infraction that comes to mind. This hurt the 49ers badly and this is what doomed them.

I glad to see the Eagles back into the super bowl, but this game looks like it was given to the Eagles.

Definitely a poorly officiated game, but as you mentioned, the Niners never had a real shot with no healthy QB.

I'm actually surprised they didn't go into the wildcat with Deebo and McCaffrey. Seems that would have given them some possible offense instead of having a Purdy back there when the Eagles knew he wouldn't be running or throwing the ball.

Eagles are in the Super Bowl, I hate that but SanFran had no chance yesterday. The Eagles D just pinned their ears back and eliminated Mccaffery and Deebo. Sorry niners had no QB, Johnson was worse than Deebo or Mccaffery would have done!!

Definitely a poorly officiated game, but as you mentioned, the Niners never had a real shot with no healthy QB.

I'm actually surprised they didn't go into the wildcat with Deebo and McCaffrey. Seems that would have given them some possible offense instead of having a Purdy back there when the Eagles knew he wouldn't be running or throwing the ball.
I agree I was initially surprised they didn’t at least try to use Deebo or McCaffrey as a QB when it was still a game.

My only guess is that the coaching staff or GM made the decision not to risk their either of their long term health in a game where the Eagles could stack the box and hit them pretty quickly.

Eagles are in the Super Bowl, I hate that but SanFran had no chance yesterday. The Eagles D just pinned their ears back and eliminated Mccaffery and Deebo. Sorry niners had no QB, Johnson was worse than Deebo or Mccaffery would have done!!
I am an Eagle, but I have to be honest in that San Francisco actually had the Eagles on their heels and the officiating crew bailed out the Eagles to sustain drives. I believe in the second quarter San Francisco came very close of sacking Hurts into the end zone for a safety that could of changed the game. I am just shocked that a great San Francisco team had a end result like yesterday.

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT