ADVERTISEMENT

wow, brown is last position coach I would have thought would move

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
Of all three defensive position coaches, Brown is last one I thought would be moved when Hoke came in. I feel like more moves are coming today than just Hoke. I cant believe we would keep Adams and Botkin but move Brown

Originally posted by CCUIrmo:
Of all three defensive position coaches, Brown is last one I thought would be moved when Hoke came in. I feel like more moves are coming today than just Hoke. I cant believe we would keep Adams and Botkin but move Brown
He's the last one you "hoped" would be moved. Me too. Hoke has spent most of his career with the dbs so I suppose its not surprising. I agree with you 100% though.

The fact that they go out of their way to keep Deke and Botkin tells me all I need to know. Oh well, if they don't care about winning, neither do I.

Originally posted by robertfootball:

The fact that they go out of their way to keep Deke and Botkin tells me all I need to know. Oh well, if they don't care about winning, neither do I.

Those two should have sealed their fates on the sideline of the UGA game. They may escape it this season but Hoke will bring in new coaches by 2016.

Steve Spurrier doesn't care about winning?? WTF??

Please, anyone, could there be a more untrue statement every uttered?

This one statement pretty much lets the entire world know you have no knowledge of USC or Steve Spurrier.

It might have more to do with letting Brown recruit more than anything else.

Originally posted by coloradogamecock#:

This one statement pretty much lets the entire world know you have no knowledge of USC or Steve Spurrier.
All I'm doing is looking at the FACTS. Has Deke impressed anyone the two years he's been here? Botkin? We make fun of Dabo but I'll give him credit, he's not afraid to show someone the door when need be and go out and get the assistant he needs. All I know is what I see on the field and I've seen poor d-line technique year after year.

Well we do not need 3 DB coaches. I am also thinking there will be other changes coming in the next few days. I am thinking Haley will become the DL coach and the offer is out there for Ellis Johnson to return at LB coach. And I am now beginning to think that Ward will not have the title of DC either, this will be Hoke's title. This would allow Johnson to return as Asst Head Coach, but not in charge of the defense this time around. Ward's undoing came when he made the statement that this year's D would be better than the last.

Makes sense I guess that Brown would move since Hoke has a secondary coaching background.

Deke should just be let go. Here's his impact by the numbers:

Sack production (Deke joined the staff in 2013):

2012: 43
2013: 25
2014: 14

All I'm doing is looking at the FACTS. Has Deke impressed anyone the two years he's been here? Botkin? We make fun of Dabo but I'll give him credit, he's not afraid to show someone the door when need be and go out and get the assistant he needs. All I know is what I see on the field and I've seen poor d-line technique year after year.
Deke is also bringing in the best D-line class in school history.

Originally posted by gamecockengineer2011:
Joe Robinson is stealing his salary from USC. Our special teams have been garbage. He doesnt really recruit either.
His until almost single handily won the Florida game.

Spurrier cares, he is just in denial about these defensive coaches.

Originally posted by jeff2001:

Doesn't matter if he can't coach them.

Some of them are recruits from the last class, and they didn't all make it in just yet.

Originally posted by ReadR00ster:

Some of them are recruits from the last class, and they didn't all make it in just yet.
The last guy that had the D line standing up didn't last long here and this one won't either......

You have only seen 2 years of Deke Adams' poor coaching at SC.

And a car salesman can sell a car, but it doesn't mean he knows how to fix it when it needs fixing.

Originally posted by SpartanSpur:
Well we do not need 3 DB coaches. I am also thinking there will be other changes coming in the next few days. I am thinking Haley will become the DL coach and the offer is out there for Ellis Johnson to return at LB coach. And I am now beginning to think that Ward will not have the title of DC either, this will be Hoke's title. This would allow Johnson to return as Asst Head Coach, but not in charge of the defense this time around. Ward's undoing came when he made the statement that this year's D would be better than the last.
Why would Spurrier name EJ Asst HC? He is a terrible HC. His talents are coaching defenses. Although, the one thing about EJ that I despise is his "just keep everything in front of you" philosophy when trying to protect a lead late in the game. All that does is allow the opposition's offense to methodically move the chains, and ultimately score. I knew FSU would win in the BCS NC game in 2014 vs Auburn when Auburn could not maintain possession, and FSU got the ball back in the last 1-2 mins. We all know how that turned out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT