ADVERTISEMENT

Wow I can’t believe I’m saying this …

I don’t think the last game was boring since we didn’t know who was going to win. We even had a pick six from the defense.

I want a boring game like Alabama produces: there is no question who will win and every time they get the ball, they score.
Give me some boring Iowa. However, I can understand why some people don't find it entertaining.

Nothing wrong with OP adulting. Time off should be fun and not like a different kind of work. Screw all of the "true fan" BS (ex. true fans going to every game and stay to 00:00 and never criticize v. true fans should try and fire the coaching staff each week).

Hope you have a great Saturday watching USC v. Tennessee or doing something else you enjoy.

The fan experience at games has to get better. I've actually given up trying to buy concessions at games..
The way concessions are operated is one of the worst around;. The lines are always long and the people working don't seem to care about moving quickly to wait on people.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Just a month ago we had students trampled. The fan experience at WB is awful. The Upper East stands are going to be empty because the concourses and concessions on that side of the stadium are awful.

Ray's response to this has been awful too. He barely acknowledged the student issue a mpnth ago. He seems to want to gripe with fans rather than listen and communicate with fans. When the AD doesn't care why should fans ?

I don’t think this is unique to USC. College football has been fighting this for the last several years. The disparity between the few haves and wannabes is huge. This year there is a bit more parity after Alabama and Georgia, but it’s still an issue.

I do remember back in the early 1990’s attending a game against Mississippi State. The upper deck was empty, maybe 55,000 fans there. The State newspaper called the upper decks the gaping jaws. This was Tanneyhil’s first start and we were 0-5. This was a spark, we won and fans started coming back. We haven’t always drawn 80,000 to every game, no matter what folks say. I guess my point is you have to have a hope to believe in, I’m hoping Beamer’s tenure is that.

Did you see the crowd at Kentucky this weekend? NC State two weeks ago or Arkansas at Texas. Fans are into it still, but you have to have a university committed to winning. USC fans at this point know the product on the field isn't going to be worth watching.

Yes, Beamer has some fans, but most Gamecock fans have taken a "show me" attitude. This does not mean they aren't supporting him, they just aren't blindly following and that is smart

The crowd was involved at the start but by the forth quarter half were gone. You have to give people something (especially the students) worth staying for and that isn’t happening.
You’ll get no argument from me. Lackluster performance, TEN PENALTIES, Troy, etc. I stayed until the end. Last Saturday night I was so damn mad we only had 80 yards of total offense at the half, I walked out! HDTV and lack of success have diminished the attendance imo. We aren’t the only school with this issue by any means.
Next time you can't give your tix away to family or friends, why not post them as free on the free tix exchange?
Or offer them to a fire/ police station?
Just an idea.
I didn’t know I had ANY until Saturday morning. Had I known, I would have posted them for free. I did list on my FB page for any of my Charleston area friends for free. I even included a free ride and parking, late notice though. Thanks for you input, much appreciated!

Will be 50 in a couple months.
My daughter will be 50 her next birthday, and my son is 51 now. Grounded and mature, both of them, but they still enjoy good times, especially when family is involved.

There's a mellowing that takes place for most people as they get toward the latter part of middle age - a changing perspective on what constitutes enjoyment and fun.

We still enjoy college football. While my son and his family were with me at he Kentucky game last weekend, my daughter, son-in-law and grandson were on an unofficial visit to ECU. My grandson is a long snapper.

I'm just saying there are other things now that have come to occupy higher percentages of our leisure time. It's a good thing.

Take all aluminum bleachers out. Replace them with pro style seating. That would knock the capacity down to around 72-73k. Like above poster mentioned many college stadiums are just to big for today's environment. Those aluminum bleachers are absolutely misery. Total revamp of concessions. Those 2 things would be giant step.

I think this is a valid post. Many of us are in the exact same place and I can’t seem to put my finger on why. I’ve never been happier just doing whatever I want on Saturdays and if I miss the Carolina game, no biggie. I think the Covid thing made many of us re-prioritize some things in life and a 3 to 4 win football program with no plan to improve just didn’t make the cut.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT