ADVERTISEMENT

WOW! Why make stuff up?

DrTony

Jan 8, 2015
Houghton, MI
No Clemson fan claims elite status for its football program. Like USC, we're hoping to develop into a very good 2nd tier program. It will take many years, if ever, for either team to be mentioned in the same breath as elite programs like Alabama, Ohio State, etc. They've performed at a very high level for literally decades. Both fanbases should stop the delusional talk until we do it on the field.
This post was edited on 2/5 5:56 PM by uscbeckham

Not sure what brought this one but I have to disagree. I've heard and read a lot from Clemson fans stating exactly the opposite.
This post was edited on 2/5 5:57 PM by uscbeckham

Why would anyone strive to be 2nd tier?

Why would anyone strive to be 2nd tier? What a joke

Re: Why would anyone strive to be 2nd tier?

Agreed - you strive to be a NC. But it's presumptuous to think that Clemson and USC will be in the "elite" category without many more years of success.

History is against both of us. At least sustaining it. Oregon may be the exception with all of the Nike money. Other than that most teams are the so called traditional powers.

If you always act like you are third tier you will always BE third tier. You need to act like you are the next soon-to-be top tier team and get recruits and fans to believe it.

Oh plenty of Clemson fans have come by to tell us about your elite status. Give yesterday's threads a look. Hard to understand where they get that idea from. Oh, right, your coach.
This post was edited on 2/5 5:58 PM by uscbeckham

LOL just yesterday tony your message board had tons of post saying you are an elitw football progran. WTF are you talking about. The word elite was being used over and over by clempson fans. Its ok, bur dont tell me its not true.

Originally posted by DrTony:
No Clemson fan claims elite status for its football program.
What...this is some kind of joke, right? That's all you Tillmans ever do, you're constantly claiming elite status and saying moronic crap like "...the best football programs in the country, like Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson..." Hell Dabo is the undisputed king of claiming more glory than he's ever earned, every shitty bowl game he's ever coached in is somehow a "national championship" game

wow, seeing a Tillman actually type that out and post it in public had me blinking and rubbing my eyes in disbelief for a little bit...

Listen to WCCP and you hear it all the time about how elite their offense is and now the have all the pieces to the puzzle to make their offence and defense line elite. Watson is an elite QB and Kelly Bryant is going to be better than Watson, etc. ad nauseam.

Originally posted by mbsurfside:
History is against both of us. At least sustaining it. Oregon may be the exception with all of the Nike money. Other than that most teams are the so called traditional powers.
Florida in 1996, is the last team to win a NC for the 1st time. That is how difficult it is to break through and win 1. Oregon is a contender every year, but have lost in 2 opportunities to win a NC. At least Klempsun has a NC. It absolutely favors them, even though it was 34 yrs ago. Auburn went decades before winning another NC in 2010. But they did seal the deal.
This post was edited on 2/5 5:59 PM by uscbeckham

Originally posted by 1987cgamecock:
LOL just yesterday tony your message board had tons of post saying you are an elitw football progran. WTF are you talking about. The word elite was being used over and over by clempson fans. Its ok, bur dont tell me its not true.
Well I will say this. Our recruiting is on its way to becoming elite. Now if we could get the results on the field to be a little better than they have been the past 3 or 4 years AND maintain that for a while then we could consider ourselves on the path to becoming elite. Both teams have a long way to go to be sure.

Originally posted by SHillTIger:

Well I will say this. Our recruiting is on its way to becoming elite. Now if we could get the results on the field to be a little better than they have been the past 3 or 4 years AND maintain that for a while then we could consider ourselves on the path to becoming elite. Both teams have a long way to go to be sure.
lol, I can't imagine anything more completely worthless than being "on your way to becoming elite in recruiting". Like we've been saying for the last decade, you can have all the recruiting and preseason national championships and "elite status" you want. We'll take the results of the games played on the field.

This post was edited on 2/5 7:08 PM by CaliCock

Huh? You had a good class but I don't think that puts you on the path to "Elite" status.....Getting them there is one thing.....Having them perform is another.....When your consistent with both of those then you might be headed in the right direction......

Originally posted by Clevercock3:

Huh? You had a good class but I don't think that puts you on the path to "Elite" status.....Getting them there is one thing.....Having them perform is another.....When your consistent with both of those then you might be headed in the right direction......
Isn't that what I said???

Originally posted by Clevercock3:

Isn't that what I said???
Just being honest! You have had good classes before and nothing to show for it....So forgive me for saying again, you had a good class this year, but you have to do something with them and build on it for it to be come elite.

Do you think Mississippi or Mississippi State are on their way to being elite? Arizona State? Not taking a shot at your program but to be fair playing in the ACC and your conference schedule will keep you from ever reaching that status unless something changes.

You have two teams that even remotely care about a football program....The rest just want their part of the pie and with maybe the exception of one or two other programs could care less about it....

If that weren't the case your program and FSU wouldn't have to go out and schedule as tough a OOC team as they can get just to be relevant.....

Recruiting is only one part of the battle.....your conference may well prevent you from ever achieving an elite status...Unless you plan on beating brains out of FSU every year

Originally posted by DrTony:
No Clemson fan claims elite status for its football program. Like USC, we're hoping to develop into a very good 2nd tier program. It will take many years, if ever, for either team to be mentioned in the same breath as elite programs like Alabama, Ohio State, etc. They've performed at a very high level for literally decades. Both fanbases should stop the delusional talk until we do it on the field.
This post was edited on 2/5 5:56 PM by uscbeckham
Have we ever lost to that elite Ohio State team??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT