ADVERTISEMENT

WTF do we do now?

Step 1) Fire Ray Tanner. Until we do that nothing’s gonna change...our issues are deep rooted and we need someone to come in and hold our programs accountable. Literally nothing’s going to change until we start being our honest with ourselves about where we are.

To overcome it we have to beat them. To beat them, we’ll be to be really good. Got Loren of work to do. I’d take Dabo’s advice...start with surrounding this program with people that believe, players that believe, admin that believe. If you doubt, go be a fan... inside that program, the people need to believe almost foolishly.

To overcome it we have to beat them. To beat them, we’ll be to be really good. Got Loren of work to do. I’d take Dabo’s advice...start with surrounding this program with people that believe, players that believe, admin that believe. If you doubt, go be a fan... inside that program, the people need to believe almost foolishly.

What I think that refers to is accountability, and as a athletic program we have none. You don't have to go any further than keeping a struggling QB in during a bowl game where you have an opportunity to get the buy in of the future guys in our program... But we continue to do the same thing over and over and expect different results...

What I think that refers to is accountability, and as a athletic program we have none. You don't have to go any further than keeping a struggling QB in during a bowl game where you have an opportunity to get the buy in of the future guys in our program... But we continue to do the same thing over and over and expect different results...
Go ahead fire Muschamp after 3 years....and then fire the next coach when he can't get it done in 3 years...and then the next one after 3 years because he can't do it either. Next thing you know, we are scouring the HS ranks trying to find a coach willing to come here. Because there isn't a single coach that could fix the problems Muschamp inherited in 3 years...not one.

Go ahead fire Muschamp after 3 years....and then fire the next coach when he can't get it done in 3 years...and then the next one after 3 years because he can't do it either. Next thing you know, we are scouring the HS ranks trying to find a coach willing to come here. Because there isn't a single coach that could fix the problems Muschamp inherited in 3 years...not one.
I don't think it would hurt to get some new blood on the board. No reason you need to be on the BOT since the 80's and 90's.

Stop donating money. Stop paying the crazy prices for season tickets to watch us beat up on Vandy and a few FCS teams, and believing that we are only one class away from being relevant again... And demand change start to happen

^^ This x 1000. Been saying it all year. Gonna listen now?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

So it’s better to be stubborn and hope Muschamp accomplishes what he couldn’t at a school with all the resources in the world rather than swallowing your pride and admitting it was a mistake to begin with?

Champ is the CEO of SC Football, if his managers (coaches) aren't getting the production out of their employees (players) and training them (coaching/developing) then changes have to be made. I think champ should get next year and 2020. If he doesn't do any better, it's Florida for him all over again. But in regards to coaches, those changes need to be made.

So it’s better to be stubborn and hope Muschamp accomplishes what he couldn’t at a school with all the resources in the world rather than swallowing your pride and admitting it was a mistake to begin with?
I don't think it was a mistake. Dabo was building what he has now during our 5-game winning streak, the last two we had a coaching staff that simply didn't recruit....family time was more important. Dabo built that damned program right under Spurrier's nose while he was neglecting ours. It's not going to be an overnight turnaround nor a 3 year turnaround.....just like it wasn't for Dabo. And I doubt Dabo, unlike Spurrier, is going to hang up his boots and rest on his laurels.

Throughout my entire life, every USC coach not named Richard Bell was given at least 5 years. Overall, where has that gotten us?

I say give him next year to prove he can actually beat a good, ranked team or two. If he can't win more than 4 or 5 games, give him his walking papers.

Dabo was 6-7 his third year at Clemson. most of this site would have fired him.

In addition, as has been said ad nauseum, our road is much tougher than Clemson's ,all due respect..We have to deal with UGA,FL who is coming alive again under Mullen, much less UT and a UK team we cant seem to beat the last 5.No doubt Clemson has great talent and a great QB,so important to victory but they have belief that comes from winning repeatedly.This is gonna take Champ 6 to 7 years and unless we lose 6 -8 games the next 2 yeats hes gonna get it.We all seem to think Hilinski will be the answer, we shall see.Will Geier doesnt get hurt champ is probably king of the sec east right now at UF.

Reactions: rogue cock
We need to use religion as a recruiting tool. Bobby Bowden showed the way. Dabo has definitely read his book Saint Bobby. Boom needs needs to carry a Bible in his pocket like dabo. Start reading scripture to recruits. We need huge A Church on the campus.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSGP69
If Muschamp wins his conference in year 4 like Dabo did, I think we will all be good with that.

Is that the trend you’re seeing @BattleshipTexas ?

No, but the trend I am seeing is unrealistic expectations about what is possible for him to do. He is bringing in a 5 star DE and a top 100 qb. I am not sure the guys you could hire if you fired him could be doing that. I don't know why he didn't have his team better prepared for Virginia, but constantly comparing him to what Dabo and/or Spurrier have done is unfair.

We need to use religion as a recruiting tool. Bobby Bowden showed the way. Dabo has definitely read his book Saint Bobby. Boom needs needs to carry a Bible in his pocket like dabo. Start reading scripture to recruits. We need huge Church on the campus.
That's gonna be all but impossible with a coach like Muschamp.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
In addition, as has been said ad nauseum, our road is much tougher than Clemson's ,all due respect..We have to deal with UGA,FL who is coming alive again under Mullen, much less UT and a UK team we cant seem to beat the last 5.No doubt Clemson has great talent and a great QB,so important to victory but they have belief that comes from winning repeatedly.This is gonna take Champ 6 to 7 years and unless we lose 6 -8 games the next 2 yeats hes gonna get it.We all seem to think Hilinski will be the answer, we shall see.Will Geier doesnt get hurt champ is probably king of the sec east right now at UF.
They are better situated, ain't no doubt about it. But what can we do about it? We still gotta do a better job of taking care of our business.

Reactions: Zann77
They are better situated, ain't no doubt about it. But what can we do about it? We still gotta do a better job of taking care of our business.
Yes sir ,I think we have the right guy in place.I know many want him gone yesterday.I believe he will get us to the promised land.Gonna take a couple more years and patience isnt easy for our bunch.

I believe Dabo made wholesale changes on his staff. I have not seen Muschamp do that and I am not that excited about his recruiting classes even though he says he is more knowledgeable than rivals.

USCALUMNI

When the head coach lets our best player quit on the team but stand on the sideline, you've got problems. We're so far behind it's not even funny. But maybe we can all get t-shirts about our NFL draft picks.

Yes sir ,I think we have the right guy in place.I know many want him gone yesterday.I believe he will get us to the promised land.Gonna take a couple more years and patience isnt easy for our bunch.
Spoken like a true follower of Jim Jones.

The truth? You keep plugging away. There is no quick fix. There is no magical coach that turns this thing on a dime. Now Clemson had a definite advantage in their rise that USC doesn't have. They play in a league where it is easier to amass wins and gain some momentum. And USC is having pretty good recruiting years. Problem is when you have to beat TAMU, Georgia, Clemson, Florida, etc., every year it is hard to gain traction. A team can actually be pretty good yet have a mediocre record. And don't forget that Dabo wasn't an instant success. This first two-three years, and even later during the five year losing streak to USC, many wanted Dabo gone. But they got on the recruiting trail and got it done. USC has to do the same, but it isn't going to be a quick fix.

The truth? You keep plugging away. There is no quick fix. There is no magical coach that turns this thing on a dime. Now Clemson had a definite advantage in their rise that USC doesn't have. They play in a league where it is easier to amass wins and gain some momentum. And USC is having pretty good recruiting years. Problem is when you have to beat TAMU, Georgia, Clemson, Florida, etc., every year it is hard to gain traction. A team can actually be pretty good yet have a mediocre record. And don't forget that Dabo wasn't an instant success. This first two-three years, and even later during the five year losing streak to USC, many wanted Dabo gone. But they got on the recruiting trail and got it done. USC has to do the same, but it isn't going to be a quick fix.
What are the odds that UPC's ascendance would have been partially facilitated by inferiority at Miami, FSU, and Va. Tech simultaneously?

some on this board would apply this to the AD also. Fixing our football program like someone said will take time. I don't think it will ever get to the expectations of some on this board. 50 years of this makes me think this.

Reactions: Cocky4SC
At the end of his third year he started making changes including bringing in Chad Morris and had the number 10 recruiting class in the country. At the end of Muschamp’s third year we may get a dline coach and are number 9 in the SEC in terms of recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT