ADVERTISEMENT

WTF do we do now?

Recall that during the wonder years of 2009-2013, when we continuously whooped tater arse, Dabo stuck to his plan, amassed 9-11 win seasons (despite 2010) and put together quality wins in big bowls against LSU and Ohio State. I honestly think (as much as we wish they did) Clemson doesnt give a damn about us. Even when we were beating them every year, they were still selling the Clemson story well to recruits. We need to stop circling the last game in November as the most important of the season, and focusing on dominating the SEC East. So far, we are doing a terrible job of doing that.

Yes sir ,I think we have the right guy in place.I know many want him gone yesterday.I believe he will get us to the promised land.Gonna take a couple more years and patience isnt easy for our bunch.
We've been patient for 100 years. Whole generations of gamecock fans have lived and died and never seen us win a bowl. We're too patient.

I believe Dabo made wholesale changes on his staff. I have not seen Muschamp do that and I am not that excited about his recruiting classes even though he says he is more knowledgeable than rivals.

USCALUMNI
He made piecemeal changes, not wholesale. First was the OC after a couple of years, couple of years later after the WVU debacle, the DC went. Somewhere along the line he replaced Brad Scott with Caldwell, when Caldwell was unemployed. He learned as he went along.

He made piecemeal changes, not wholesale. First was the OC after the first year, couple of years later after the WVU debacle, the DC went. Somewhere along the line he replaced Brad Scott with Caldwell, when Caldwell was unemployed. He learned as he went along.
He got Caldwell after he was let go after 1 year as Vandys head coach. That's when Brad "retired".

Reactions: rogue cock
He got Caldwell after he was let go after 1 year as Vandys head coach. That's when Brad "retired".
And both Holtz and Spurrier had tried to hire him before that....but we had Elliott at the time and Spurrier didn't offer him again. Big mistake. I honestly believe EJ built that defensive staff that was so good, because Spurrier's coaching changes after EJ left were horrendous.

Reactions: HI Cock
I believe Dabo made wholesale changes on his staff. I have not seen Muschamp do that and I am not that excited about his recruiting classes even though he says he is more knowledgeable than rivals.

USCALUMNI
He made piecemeal changes, not wholesale. First was the OC after a couple of years, couple of years later after the WVU debacle, the DC went. Somewhere along the line he replaced Brad Scott with Caldwell, when Caldwell was unemployed. He learned as he went along.

Not sure of the difference. Wholesale to me is a major change. While he did not change every coordinator the same year he had changed them all. USC has yet to make a major change and I am not sure Muschamp will.

USCALUMNI

Not sure of the difference. Wholesale to me is a major change. While he did not change every coordinator the same year he had changed them all. USC has yet to make a major change and I am not sure he will.

USCALUMNI
We just changed OC's last year, OL coaches the year before. And there are rumors of a couple of changes this year. He's actually changing faster than Dabo did.

At the end of his third year he started making changes including bringing in Chad Morris and had the number 10 recruiting class in the country. At the end of Muschamp’s third year we may get a dline coach and are number 9 in the SEC in terms of recruiting.

Morris came in 2011, those who would fire Muschamp now would have fired Dabo long before Morris could have started to help.

Not sure of the difference. Wholesale to me is a major change. While he did not change every coordinator the same year he had changed them all. USC has yet to make a major change and I am not sure he will.

USCALUMNI
We just changed OC's last year, OL coaches the year before. And there are rumors of a couple of changes this year. He's actually changing faster than Dabo did.

It is obvious you see more positive attributes in Muschamp than I do and that is fair. I want USC to be winners just as much as you do but I will hang out into we shall see and the show me crowd.

USCALUMNI

It is obvious you see more positive attributes in Muschamp than I do and that is fair. I want USC to be winners just as much as you do but I will hang out into we shall see and the show me crowd.

USCALUMNI
Honestly I think Muschamp could learn a lot from Dabo. He needs to get with our sports information director and learn how to be a salesman and statistician.

USCALUMNI
Honestly I think Muschamp could learn a lot from Dabo. He needs to get with our sports information director and learn how to be a salesman and statistician.

Dablow does not miss ANY CHANCE to market his program

USCALUMNI

Morris came in 2011, those who would fire Muschamp now would have fired Dabo long before Morris could have started to help.
2010 was the 6-7 season which was really his second full season and Morris was in 2011 which if I’m not mistaken would make the Morris change following the 6-7 season which was my original point. To that point he went 10-4 in his first full season and fired his DC to bring in Venables to again fix the problem. Again one guy pushed for changes and the other has talked about how hard practice is.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
The bad news is Clemson looks unbeatable for the next 2 to 3 years...the good news is that Bama looked average and we don't' have to beat Clemson to win the SEC. I think Muschamp and the rest of us need to focus on the UGA's and Fla and the rest of the east. We have to beat them before we can even think about Clemson. Remember Dabo didn't build this thing over night. Took him 5 to 6 years.

The bad news is Clemson looks unbeatable for the next 2 to 3 years...the good news is that Bama looked average and we don't' have to beat Clemson to win the SEC. I think Muschamp and the rest of us need to focus on the UGA's and Fla and the rest of the east. We have to beat them before we can even think about Clemson. Remember Dabo didn't build this thing over night. Took him 5 to 6 years.
And the sad thing is he did it while we were kicking his butt all over the field.

USCALUMNI

I am starting to get the impression Muschamp thinks he is the smartest person in the room.

USCALUMNI

Muschamp doesn't have the emotional intelligence to pull it off. He's purely a "football guy"...I actually have less faith in him off the field than I do on the field. Watch the clip of him as the Texas D coordinator punching the chalk board or the time he lost his sh*t as the Auburn D coordinator on the sideline. Does that scream emotional intelligence to you?

Muschamp doesn't have the emotional intelligence to pull it off. He's purely a "football guy"...I actually have less faith in him off the field than I do on the field. Watch the clip of him as the Texas D coordinator punching the chalk board or the time he lost his sh*t as the Auburn D coordinator on the sideline. Does that scream emotional intelligence to you?
The funny thing is he got better results when he acted like a crazy person. Muschamp tries to act like Saban in press conferences and stuff if you watch him.

Step 1) Fire Ray Tanner. Until we do that nothing’s gonna change...our issues are deep rooted and we need someone to come in and hold our programs accountable. Literally nothing’s going to change until we start being our honest with ourselves about where we are.

Bingo. And Boom. Although I don’t even care about firing Muschamp right now because then Tanner would be responsible for our next coach

Reactions: street larry
I hate the emotional IQ. Took one of those damned tests....I have no EIQ. My wife agrees with the damned test....she says she doesn't get why I don't recognize when I am being flirted with and laughs.

Go ahead fire Muschamp after 3 years....and then fire the next coach when he can't get it done in 3 years...and then the next one after 3 years because he can't do it either. Next thing you know, we are scouring the HS ranks trying to find a coach willing to come here. Because there isn't a single coach that could fix the problems Muschamp inherited in 3 years...not one.

Damn! Spurrier was a wizard after all. He created a very good program in less than a half dozen seasons and then totally wrecked it in 2 seasons and THEN he walked away smiling. Gotta hand it to that crazy Hillbilly. He told us not to hate, BUT (in so many words) get even. I guess he got even when we told him the truth about Junior . . . he wasn't worth $#!t as a football coach or recruiter, but he sure knew how to procreate!

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Dabo was 6-7 his third year at Clemson. most of this site would have fired him.
Most people on their sites wanted him fired. Though Dabo is nuttier than squirrel turds about some things, he has made great hires and mostly stayed out of their way. They're the coaches, he's the team manager. Our last hire was an OC in HC's clothing. This one is a DC in HC's clothing. I do get the feeling that BOOM! is a bit of a micromanager.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
^^ This x 1000. Been saying it all year. Gonna listen now?
I've seen saying it for several years. You can say recruit, recruit, recruit, but that in itself does not, and will not solve the problem. When you have a Top 20 recruiting class, but still rank in the bottom 3rd of your conference, you're not making up ground. Sadly, I feel that last night's results stuck a permanent dagger into our program. Without wholesale changes in leadership, recruiting, advertising, branding, etc. we cannot overcome our current situation while still being a member of the SEC. And based upon the schedule, next year is only gonna make things worse.

Recall that during the wonder years of 2009-2013, when we continuously whooped tater arse, Dabo stuck to his plan, amassed 9-11 win seasons (despite 2010) and put together quality wins in big bowls against LSU and Ohio State. I honestly think (as much as we wish they did) Clemson doesnt give a damn about us. Even when we were beating them every year, they were still selling the Clemson story well to recruits. We need to stop circling the last game in November as the most important of the season, and focusing on dominating the SEC East. So far, we are doing a terrible job of doing that.
^^^^THIS^^^^

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT