ADVERTISEMENT

WTF do we do now?

So it’s better to be stubborn and hope Muschamp accomplishes what he couldn’t at a school with all the resources in the world rather than swallowing your pride and admitting it was a mistake to begin with?
I think this is where all the confusion lies - including my own. I also firmly believe that as long as Muschamp wins 7-8 games/year he's not going anywhere. It was the same with Mullen at MSU. Of course I'm hoping for more while embracing mediocrity with the chance to do more. Muschamp is certainly capable of mediocrity with a chance to do more. That is who we are.

We went from 99th in total offense to 43rd.
We also went up in scoring. I flipped my years so the offense did perform better across the board which is a definite improvement. The question still remains though how much of that was the Deebo factor.

I think this is where all the confusion lies - including my own. I also firmly believe that as long as Muschamp wins 7-8 games/year he's not going anywhere. It was the same with Mullen at MSU. Of course I'm hoping for more while embracing mediocrity with the chance to do more. Muschamp is certainly capable of mediocrity with a chance to do more. That is who we are.
That should be our recruiting slogan:

Come to South Caroline where being mediocre isn’t just accepted it’s expected!

Reactions: Cbreezy33
That should be our recruiting slogan:

Come to South Caroline where being mediocre isn’t just accepted it’s expected!
No. It should still be "Come here and have a chance to do what no one has ever done before."
The other schools already use the other one. Remember the gas-pumping comments?

No. It was padded from scrubs. Roper wouldve had similar results. Redzone offense is straight trash. RB rotation is trash.
I was as big of a supporter of Roper as anyone....and even I noticed the more aggressive and more effective play calling. The RB situation is an issue....I agree.....and that directly affects the efficiency of the red zone offense.

Recall that during the wonder years of 2009-2013, when we continuously whooped tater arse, Dabo stuck to his plan, amassed 9-11 win seasons (despite 2010) and put together quality wins in big bowls against LSU and Ohio State. I honestly think (as much as we wish they did) Clemson doesnt give a damn about us. Even when we were beating them every year, they were still selling the Clemson story well to recruits. We need to stop circling the last game in November as the most important of the season, and focusing on dominating the SEC East. So far, we are doing a terrible job of doing that.

Maybe not the players. But one look at Facebook tells me we're more in their fans' minds that Bama is.

No. It was padded from scrubs. Roper wouldve had similar results. Redzone offense is straight trash. RB rotation is trash.
We did have one RB that was noticeably better than the others. So I agree the rotation was trash. And they weren't a deep group. The wrong RB started most of our games.

Yeah Dabo was pulling good recruting classes at that time. I can't say I've seen anything that has given me wood from 'chump. Arguing with reporters over the recruting rating system is just juvenile.' chump still looks like an amateur out there fumbling around to me.

It is certainly possible that Muschamp should be a defensive coordinator, not head coach. This is one of his weaknesses (arguing pointlessly). Some guys like Dave Wannstedt just top out at DC. But to be fair, Dabo didn't look very good at 6-7 and you need to compare Muschamp to who you could get to realistically replace him, not superstar coaches like Dabo and Spurrier.

Reactions: DetroitCock
It is certainly possible that Muschamp should be a defensive coordinator, not head coach. This is one of his weaknesses (arguing pointlessly). Some guys like Dave Wannstedt just top out at DC. But to be fair, Dabo didn't look very good at 6-7 and you need to compare Muschamp to who you could get to realistically replace him, not superstar coaches like Dabo and Spurrier.
Dabo certainly wasn't a grand-slam hire at the time. Maybe we should have stuck with Sean Eliot?

If the posters on Tigernet and FGF are representative of the respective fan bases then one obvious difference is their "all in" philosophy (while annoying to us) is a real contrast to the belly aching "fire everybody" pissing and moaning that fills this board. Honestly, people bitch incessantly about the program and wonder why kids would not want to come play in front of you? If some hotshot has a choice between a positive environment and one where people are talking about cancelling tickets and boycotting, which one would you choose? Too many losers on this Board. We mocked Taters for how delusional they were, but their fans supported the players as they steadily built the number 1 program in the country. Not the number 1 team in a particular year, but the number 1 program. No, I'm not happy about that. But if they can do it, we surely can. It's like the saying about how to become successful. Find someone who is successful and do what they do. It's not hard. Successful people don't tear down their program or quit when things are tough. So, please, if you're going to quit, log off, stay away, turn in your tickets and stay away. Don't say you're "out"' and then post 15 more times about how your life sucks because some college kids are not performing to your high standards.

If the posters on Tigernet and FGF are representative of the respective fan bases then one obvious difference is their "all in" philosophy (while annoying to us) is a real contrast to the belly aching "fire everybody" pissing and moaning that fills this board. Honestly, people bitch incessantly about the program and wonder why kids would not want to come play in front of you? If some hotshot has a choice between a positive environment and one where people are talking about cancelling tickets and boycotting, which one would you choose? Too many losers on this Board. We mocked Taters for how delusional they were, but their fans supported the players as they steadily built the number 1 program in the country. Not the number 1 team in a particular year, but the number 1 program. No, I'm not happy about that. But if they can do it, we surely can. It's like the saying about how to become successful. Find someone who is successful and do what they do. It's not hard. Successful people don't tear down their program or quit when things are tough. So, please, if you're going to quit, log off, stay away, turn in your tickets and stay away. Don't say you're "out"' and then post 15 more times about how your life sucks because some college kids are not performing to your high standards.
Amen! Stop wanting ti fire someone every time we don't play well. Even if we did cut Champ loose now, who do you think we could get.

I agree. Too many of our fans act like last night's game was the worst thing that's ever happened in their entire lives. Instead of blaming Muschamp, Tanner, etc., why not (a) Get up in the morning (b) Live your life, and (c) Stop being such a damn pussy!

Dabo certainly wasn't a grand-slam hire at the time. Maybe we should have stuck with Sean Eliot?

Well he certainly isnt setting the Power 5 ablaze during his stunt at GA State. Figure he has another year, or two, before he is an OL coach again.

Agree. Offense sputtered and was big play or bust. Very few sustained drives and more importantly we were inconsistent and lack a true identity

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Well he certainly isnt setting the Power 5 ablaze during his stunt at GA State. Figure he has another year, or two, before he is an OL coach again.
He won more games in his first season than any coach in school history. Isn’t that our new measure of success?

Muschamp doesn't have the emotional intelligence to pull it off. He's purely a "football guy"...I actually have less faith in him off the field than I do on the field. Watch the clip of him as the Texas D coordinator punching the chalk board or the time he lost his sh*t as the Auburn D coordinator on the sideline. Does that scream emotional intelligence to you?
D coordinators can do that and yet people , some have wondered "why is he being so calm on the sideline ".I think he has learned.

Man you are crazy , Roper would have had us where he always did, going slow as molasses and no imagination to the offense.I think we didnt do enough tempo but other than that we were 1000 times more imaginative with McClendon as opposed to Ropadope

I agree. Too many of our fans act like last night's game was the worst thing that's ever happened in their entire lives. Instead of blaming Muschamp, Tanner, etc., why not (a) Get up in the morning (b) Live your life, and (c) Stop being such a damn pussy!

How stupid. "All In" doesn't mean accepting mediocrity and being patient to the point that it hurts your program.

These first year Dabo comparisons are idiotic too. Dabo was a first time head coach. People didn't know what he could do yet - but he was still putting together top recruiting classes. We have seen the Muschamp experiment before... remember UF?? What makes anyone think he can do better at USC where he has arguably less resources than before, an incompetent AD and maybe even a harder time recruiting given today's environment in Georgia and the Carolinas. Look at Dan frickin Mullen. Year 1 at UF and a big bowl win and top 10 ranking. But lets keep being patient yall!

Let's for the fun of it eliminate the defensive injuries for a sec...what would the record have been this year? I think we beat A%M and Florida. Would we be bitching at a 9-3 record? I know injuries are apart of the game but what SC had was just plain ridiculous. I understand next years schedule is brutal...but I for one am pretty excited about what this team can do with everyone returning and some of the recruits coming in.

Let's for the fun of it eliminate the defensive injuries for a sec...what would the record have been this year? I think we beat A%M and Florida. Would we be bitching at a 9-3 record? I know injuries are apart of the game but what SC had was just plain ridiculous. I understand next years schedule is brutal...but I for one am pretty excited about what this team can do with everyone returning and some of the recruits coming in.

Let's just hope injuries aren't such a huge problem next season... I wish we could re-evaluate our strength and conditioning program during this offseason.

You have to look at where Clemson was when Dabo took over, what their recent history was at the time versus Champ taking over. Clemson was in shambles with Bowden, fired him mid season!! That came from the fans and boosters, demanding changes be made because they didn't accept mediocrity. While they were struggling to beat teams like Duke and Wake under Bowden, Dabo came in, put his plan in place and stuck to it. Champ took over for HBC who gave us our three most prosperous years in school history before he quit on the university and the team. The expectations were very low for Dabo, anything was better than where they currently were. Champ had some big shoes to fill following a HOF coach. While HBC did drive us into the ground from a talent perspective, I think the expectations were more from Champ being that this was his last big opportunity to be a head coach and that hopefully he had learned from his failures at Florida. We were fortunate last year (2017) with how weak the division was to get our record of 9-4. But I truly believe if we don't see the tide start changing this year with beating a ranked team and snapping the streaks against TAM and Kentucky, I believe that Champs seat will only get hotter. Even with their horrible record Dabo's first few years they have pulled off the upsets. We can't say that. We've simply beaten the teams we are supposed to beat and loss the toss up games for the most part, and got drilled by the teams that were better than us.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Man you are crazy , Roper would have had us where he always did, going slow as molasses and no imagination to the offense.I think we didnt do enough tempo but other than that we were 1000 times more imaginative with McClendon as opposed to Ropadope
So what imagination did you see this year? Ill wait. It was way more basic than what even Roper ran.

Step 1) Fire Ray Tanner. Until we do that nothing’s gonna change...our issues are deep rooted and we need someone to come in and hold our programs accountable. Literally nothing’s going to change until we start being our honest with ourselves about where we are.
Fire Tanner...Hire Richt for AD...

Get new AD and clean house with FB Coach and entire Staff. Had a few good teams in the past so it can be done again. Not gonna happen with Tanner, Muschamp etc.

Clemson fans have boo'd and boycotted in order to get football coaches fired. How old are you?

You have to look at where Clemson was when Dabo took over, what their recent history was at the time versus Champ taking over. Clemson was in shambles with Bowden, fired him mid season!! That came from the fans and boosters, demanding changes be made because they didn't accept mediocrity. While they were struggling to beat teams like Duke and Wake under Bowden, Dabo came in, put his plan in place and stuck to it. Champ took over for HBC who gave us our three most prosperous years in school history before he quit on the university and the team. The expectations were very low for Dabo, anything was better than where they currently were. Champ had some big shoes to fill following a HOF coach. While HBC did drive us into the ground from a talent perspective, I think the expectations were more from Champ being that this was his last big opportunity to be a head coach and that hopefully he had learned from his failures at Florida. We were fortunate last year (2017) with how weak the division was to get our record of 9-4. But I truly believe if we don't see the tide start changing this year with beating a ranked team and snapping the streaks against TAM and Kentucky, I believe that Champs seat will only get hotter. Even with their horrible record Dabo's first few years they have pulled off the upsets. We can't say that. We've simply beaten the teams we are supposed to beat and loss the toss up games for the most part, and got drilled by the teams that were better than us.
WTF are you talking about? Clemson in shambles? Do you actually believe that crap?

Bowden was 8-4, 8-5 and 9-4 his last 3 years at Clemson with top 20 ranked recruiting classes. Dabo was his lead recruiter on those classes...and took over a program loaded with talent that he helped recruit.

Bowden got fired because he was losing games that he shouldn't be losing....at all. He'd win a big one, then lose to some nobody....thus the term "Clemsoning." Even Dabo acknowledged that the first priority was beat the teams that you are supposed to....then start winning the rest.

Last edited:
Beat FSU one weekend and lose to Duke the next. Those were the good days!

WTF are you talking about? Clemson in shambles? Do you actually believe that crap?

Bowden was 8-4, 8-5 and 9-4 his last 3 years at Clemson with top 20 ranked recruoiting classes. Dabo was his lead recruiter on those classes...and took over a program loaded with talent that he helped recruit.

Bowden got fired because he was losing games that he shouldn't be losing....at all. He'd win a big one, then lose to some nobody....thus the term "Clemsoning." Even Dabo acknowledged that the first priority was beat the teams that you are supposed to....then start winning the rest.

This right here. Sit back and let 2 more years pass and maybe see a change.

How stupid. "All In" doesn't mean accepting mediocrity and being patient to the point that it hurts your program.

These first year Dabo comparisons are idiotic too. Dabo was a first time head coach. People didn't know what he could do yet - but he was still putting together top recruiting classes. We have seen the Muschamp experiment before... remember UF?? What makes anyone think he can do better at USC where he has arguably less resources than before, an incompetent AD and maybe even a harder time recruiting given today's environment in Georgia and the Carolinas. Look at Dan frickin Mullen. Year 1 at UF and a big bowl win and top 10 ranking. But lets keep being patient yall!

Clemson fans have boo'd and boycotted in order to get football coaches fired. How old are you?
That was one coach....Hatfield. Hatfield had the misfortune of taking over for the most popular coach in Clemson history to that point. They never boo'ed or boycotted Red Parker or Hootie Ingram. They may have Tommy West a little.

So what imagination did you see this year? Ill wait. It was way more basic than what even Roper ran.
There were more than two running plays this year. I know at least once we ran a sweep rather than just off guard left followed by off guard right from the Roper era.

That was one coach....Hatfield. Hatfield had the misfortune of taking over for the most popular coach in Clemson history to that point. They never boo'ed or boycotted Red Parker or Hootie Ingram. They may have Tommy West a little.

They boo'd Bowden.

There were more than two running plays this year. I know at least once we ran a sweep rather than just off guard left followed by off guard right from the Roper era.
Negative. Ask Clemson about our goaline play calling lol. We were very unimaginative this year outside of a few formations in the UGA and Clemson games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT