ADVERTISEMENT

XT commits to clemson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard through someone at our (Clemson's) recruiting department he didn't like y'all's spring game. He was disappointed with the facilities in Columbia and impressed with the ones in Clemson.

Well he must be color blind to like any shade of orange or purple

You're childish bro. They just played in their 2nd straight national championship game and won it
At some point you have to give Dabo and Clemson credit. They did it. Instead childish posters like you (grown men) talk about him sleeping in the same bed with his mom and accuse them of cheating. It's silly.
Exactly...clemsons winning so they must be cheating..how else could they be better than us..smh..facts are facts..they are getting it done..we arent.

So some kid picks Clemson and now everyone is bashing him, his family and all kinds of conspiracies come out.
If XT was just giving s soft commit and now reads this thread I would suspect his commit just got a whole lot stronger.
He picked a school that has played in the NC game in two straight years, and just won a NC. It happens, let's show a little class and move on
I happen to HAVE "class" but I also recognize something strange when I see it & it's as clear as the nose on your face & will remain VERY suspicious of how this played out with XT & this announcement by his dad out of the blue cutting off ALL media connection with our coaches who had NO clue this was happening (that, alone, isn't "classy")! LOTS of strange stuff surrounding it even tho, I'm confident, they'll get a pass as they always do in recent years! To NOT be leary of this is hiding your head in the sand. Of course, Clemson's fine with it because winning is all that matters, but I have no idea this is on the up & up (although some think that's fine, too, & we need to do the same to compete)! Smells mighty fishy to me! I feel that way but at the same time ready to put it in the pass & keep rebuilding our program for those who want to be a part of something even more special (like Gilmore, Lattimore, Alshon, Clowney, etc. were doing before Spurrier quit on us)!!

We don't need to worry about XT. We need to join planet fitness so we can lift 24 hrs a day. Then we won't get pushed around by western Carolina and have taters giving us pony rides over the goal line
And the nice thing is that Planet Fitness is a "judgement free zone" Says so on their wall.

Reactions: jonesz21
E-Cut_22Member
New

E_Cut_22, since quempsum has so much going for it right now, why don't you just visit their board and stay there. BTW, can you understand that?

You're childish bro. They just played in their 2nd straight national championship game and won it
At some point you have to give Dabo and Clemson credit. They did it. Instead childish posters like you (grown men) talk about him sleeping in the same bed with his mom and accuse them of cheating. It's silly.

Go pleasure yourself...Hillbilly! Don't even pay attention to these Taters or XT, because that is what they want. Muschamp will turn this around, and we'll be back to kicking Tater AZZ before long.

Reactions: humble servant
I happen to HAVE "class" but I also recognize something strange when I see it & it's as clear as the nose on your face & will remain VERY suspicious of how this played out with XT & this announcement by his dad out of the blue cutting off ALL media connection with our coaches who had NO clue this was happening (that, alone, isn't "classy")! LOTS of strange stuff surrounding it even tho, I'm confident, they'll get a pass as they always do in recent years! To NOT be leary of this is hiding your head in the sand. Of course, Clemson's fine with it because winning is all that matters, but I have no idea this is on the up & up (although some think that's fine, too, & we need to do the same to compete)! Smells mighty fishy to me! I feel that way but at the same time ready to put it in the pass & keep rebuilding our program for those who want to be a part of something even more special (like Gilmore, Lattimore, Alshon, Clowney, etc. were doing before Spurrier quit on us)!!

So you state "something strange" , "very suspicious" "strange stuff" "leery " and then follow with (highlighted test).
Sounds conflicting

This is a good question. I am older and have seen Clemson operate before. It is also part of their fan base that is responsible for the money and related impropriety. I really think that due to the speed of the transaction, the players being focused on the spring game and the fact that XT said he was going to the Clemson spring game, none of them saw it coming. I know he said that after visiting it was two teams going in opposite directions (words to that effect anyway) but what else is he supposed to say. Somewhere in this deal, money, at some level, was in play.

Reactions: cocky lady
This is a good question. I am older and have seen Clemson operate before. It is also part of their fan base that is responsible for the money and related impropriety. I really think that due to the speed of the transaction, the players being focused on the spring game and the fact that XT said he was going to the Clemson spring game, none of them saw it coming. I know he said that after visiting it was two teams going in opposite directions (words to that effect anyway) but what else is he supposed to say. Somewhere in this deal, money, at some level, was in play.
Some call it whining but I agree that a deal of some kind was cut at some level. That's just a gut feeling I got by adding 2+2. Every football players ego tells him to go where he has the better chance to play right away and that is what confuses me. If I was the coaching staff I would consider that bridge burned.

Reactions: cockgun
Some call it whining but I agree that a deal of some kind was cut at some level. That's just a gut feeling I got by adding 2+2. Every football players ego tells him to go where he has the better chance to play right away and that is what confuses me. If I was the coaching staff I would consider that bridge burned.
Not whining, stupidity.

If this is true, then how would Bama ever get anyone to commit when they have tons 5 and 4*s on the depth chart? Vandy and Wake Forest should clean up in recruiting every year then.

If this is true, then how would Bama ever get anyone to commit when they have tons 5 and 4*s on the depth chart? Vandy and Wake Forest should clean up in recruiting every year then.
Bama doesn't recruit Wake type players Vandy might throw an offer out there to 5* but don't expect to land them.

Everybody still misses the point. Even though you might or might not win the NC, you can still make a lot of PERSONAL money from the Clemson fans when they meet you on the field after the game. A star can make $10,000 a year in handshake money. Trust me.

Reactions: gcobob
Bama doesn't recruit Wake type players Vandy might throw an offer out there to 5* but don't expect to land them.

But Wake and Vandy and heck, even Furman, would offer these players if what you said was accurate - that easy playing to is the most important thing. It's not. A top player, in this case a #1 player, is not scared about finding playing time anywhere. It's non-sensical.

On twitter our players did what i wished fans there would have done, wished him well on his personal decision and were classy about it, which you know keeps the door slightly open before trying to start the rivalry hatred before he signs the dotted line.

Kids change their mind all the time, looks at the war eagle tattoo on Reuben Foster, LOL

Reactions: humble servant
This is totally a money thing. Im sure his dad's pockets are full now.

Good for Clemson. Good for XT. If that's worth it to them, let them have it.

When we win, I want it to be on the up and up, not because of shady stuff.

College football is a cesspool, and quite honestly it takes away the fun of it for me.

Last edited:
Your right, Rings probably did play a part, they got them at the Spring game, its exciting, well played by them, while we had the final four mojo and wasted it, didn't use it to bring in a big crowd, we need to quit griping about imaginary bag men and IMG and start looking at the Athletic Department, and explain why they didn't combine the event and show some creativity.

Actually would be a great question for Muschamp on his call in show, his thoughts, since Tanner avoids the fans.

Reactions: jonesz21
Can we try and keep it classy? He commits to Clemson and immediately him and his family are being drug by Gamecock fans. It's shameful. It has to be a bagman? A deal to get his father out of prison but it was beneath USC?

It's shameful and shows some major character flaws with you guys. Just wish him well. Clemson has a lot going for it right now.

Tater alert or Tater lover alert!

!
Something definitely went down IN A HURRY! It's not like he just went to Clemson and was in awe of it's "greatness" and totally overwhelmed with this amazing place, the power of Dabo, or anything like that. He KNEW both very well & that he was choosing between the two local rivals - was familiar with both teams, coaching staffs, players, location and just a week prior had us as his leader planning to announce on a special day later in the year. ALL OF A SUDDEN his dad makes the announcement out of the blue - that just doesn't make sense at all! Will they get reported? Maybe! Will they get investigated? Maybe! Will they get punished? NO WAY! Whatever they're skirting around seems to be working just fine but this one should definitely be raising eyebrows! Enuff said!

I'm curious to hear some of our player reactions to XT. He obviously has a relationship with our players bc he has visited so many times. Will it piss our team off? Did they see it coming?

Players we recruited this year, including players XT tweeted at about flipping to other schools, said, "congrats and good luck." Any Gamecocks players said the same. Total class by the Gamecocks.

Clemson fans that slander our fanbase and school are the low class people in this instance. And the comment above alleging XT wasn't impressed by our Spring Game or facilities . . . I call BS on that. We have nice facilities and a new FB operations building in the works. Our Spring game was excellent. The future is very bright.

Personally, if I were a student, I would prefer to live in a small city like Columbia than in Anderson, SC. The SEC is a better overall conference with better overall environments than the ACC. Our program is a sleeping giant. Look what happened at Clemson. If they can do it, there is no doubt that we can do it. We have a lot better foundation from which to launch.

This statement is just plain inaccurate man... I think that SOME players may think this way, but not all or even most. If this is true, how come Bama, Ohio State, Southern Cal, and many other schools have 4 and 5 star guys sitting on the bench waiting their turn to shine instead of committing to Central Florida, or Idaho State, or South Carolina? Hell, even Clemson has two 5 star guys (McCloud and Cain) who played 2nd string the last couple of years. Are all those kids bought and paid for? Every one of them? Or perhaps is the tradition of the school a factor as well as knowing that you'll have a ton of talented guys to play with and the chance at a championship.

This statement is just plain inaccurate man... I think that SOME players may think this way, but not all or even most. If this is true, how come Bama, Ohio State, Southern Cal, and many other schools have 4 and 5 star guys sitting on the bench waiting their turn to shine instead of committing to Central Florida, or Idaho State, or South Carolina? Hell, even Clemson has two 5 star guys (McCloud and Cain) who played 2nd string the last couple of years. Are all those kids bought and paid for? Every one of them? Or perhaps is the tradition of the school a factor as well as knowing that you'll have a ton of talented guys to play with and the chance at a championship.
I've never met a 5* or a 4* who told me they went to a school because they liked riding the pines. Do I believe there are some shenanigans going on at Clemson? Yes, just like many other schools. The best tool to judge someones future is their past, it's just too bad the NCAA is a toothless lion now not like in 1981 when they cared. Look, Clemson is not a Garden of Eden where young football players go to get life lessons and enjoy the city lights. It's football and nothing but football. Dabo ain't no Bear Bryant. He's just like Danny Ford before his crowd was nailed dishing out the dough. When Ford got to Arkansas he faded into oblivion just like Dabo would if he left the good ole boys in Clemson. Is there proof Clemson on my end Clemson is back on the buy now, play later plan,....nope just understanding a Leopard can't change his spots and the Tigers don't change their tactics. You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Reactions: griffgolf
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT