ADVERTISEMENT

XT has a message for Gamecock Nation........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Move on! I'm tired of all the drama, crying, Clemsux paid him, and all the other 100 excuses. Sure, our staff wanted him badly. He may turn out great or he may be a bust. I could care less. He made his decision for whatever they were. Time for the staff to find other top talent who want to be Gamecocks. Whatever went down does sound a little bazaar, maybe we were played, who knows. I'm done with him and could care less but wish him well in Datboys world.

Some people want a easy ready made situation instead of working harder to build an accomplish something that wont be easy.I dont care how many 5 stars they have,he just another one in the crowd where he should have a much easier path considering the schedule and all the other help he has.Like someone else said in another post,sun people are leaders n sum are followers.The last thing this team needs is sum arrogant 17 yr looking for the path most chosen.That tells me about his character and williness to tackle a difficult challenge as oppose to tacking a much easier path

I for one couldn't care less where this kid ends up, but I think it's not his choice anymore, and probably never was. At any rate, I wonder if anyone has shown him the Taternet boards from the past week, where there were several posts suggesting that Dabo just pull his offer, because he's not worth the drama, and they we're sure he was coming here. Kid doesn't know whether he's shot, #$%&*, powder-burned, or snake-bit. to quote a great movie......but he does like cash. For all the stuff people said about JD making his own signing day after the actual NSD, at least he announced exactly when he said he would

Move on! I'm tired of all the drama, crying, Clemsux paid him, and all the other 100 excuses. Sure, our staff wanted him badly. He may turn out great or he may be a bust. I could care less. He made his decision for whatever they were. Time for the staff to find other top talent who want to be Gamecocks. Whatever went down does sound a little bazaar, maybe we were played, who knows. I'm done with him and could care less but wish him well in Datboys world.

I do not wish him harm, but I also do not wish him well.

I for one couldn't care less where this kid ends up, but I think it's not his choice anymore, and probably never was. At any rate, I wonder if anyone has shown him the Taternet boards from the past week, where there were several posts suggesting that Dabo just pull his offer, because he's not worth the drama, and they we're sure he was coming here. Kid doesn't know whether he's shot, #$%&*, powder-burned, or snake-bit. to quote a great movie......but he does like cash. For all the stuff people said about JD making his own signing day after the actual NSD, at least he announced exactly when he said he would
i'm sure reading this board, in which the consensus seems to be that he took money to go to Clemson, will cause him to reconsider.

Not worth getting upset over. You think Clemson would have panicked if they lost him to us? Let's move on please!

hell no cuz they have a defense. they have men on the field already. we look like boys playing men as one announcer stated during the Clemson game

Reactions: cockburg
I thought his message was gonna be Deez $&@?....either way, probably not a necessary thing for him to post, but also not necessary to say he's following the money trail either. I will say, I rarely follow recruiting, and honestly have not even seen one of his videos, but I have seen little mention of people talking/hoping he'll flip. I guess I missed it

CU must be beaten on the field this year, at home. That's the only thing that will influence any of the kids who aren't Gamecock locks

Interesting psychology here. It's like the kid wants us to hate on him to help him validate his decision.

Clemson fans would of acted the same way, bad apples in both bunches of fans since we are mostly from the same state LOL

Like the Ryan Fleming guy who writes the most stupid Gamecock articles, "Shawn Elliott Replacements for Offensive Line Coach" and puts Steve Spurrier Jr in as a candidate, and posts messages online that makes Gamecock fans look bad, stupid and are embarrassing.

But they you google Ryan Fleming Clemson Twitter and there is a die hard Clemson fan names Ryan Fleming.

Coincidence? Maybe, I don't really know.

A lot of brave people behind a phone on twitter. Thats just the way it is.

Should have moved on a while back. No real USC Fan growing up would even consider attending Clemson. My lil sister graduated from Clemson. I didn't hardly want to attend the graduation. She can't even wear Clemson gear in my house. Clemson is Just not a place I want to be at all. A Gamecock Fan may go to another school other than USC but I can promise you a real Gamecock fan could never attend Clemson.

Should have moved on a while back. No real USC Fan growing up would even consider attending Clemson. My lil sister graduated from Clemson. I didn't hardly want to attend the graduation. She can't even wear Clemson gear in my house. Clemson is Just not a place I want to be at all. A Gamecock Fan may go to another school other than USC but I can promise you a real Gamecock fan could never attend Clemson.

The whole grew up a Gamecock fan, I think was a myth he put out there, maybe he rooted for us when were winning 5 in a row, very casual at best, his coach took this pic his freshman year, yeah hard core Gamecock fan there at 14 yrs old, LOL

Clemson book bag to the back as well

C86rZyYXsAAeVDO.jpg

Reactions: otha_s

As a Clemson fan, I would agree with this completely. I suspect that most folks on Clemson/USC boards would as well. However, you have to realize that we are a rabid bunch... MOST people actually don't feel this way.

My wife and I met at Clemson. She got her BS and MS degrees from Clemson. She then got her PhD from USC. She pulls for Clemson when they play USC, but otherwise has no problems with rooting for USC. She was pleased at your run in basketball this season, while I was just trying not to vomit...

So there you go. Not everyone who "grew up" a Clemson fan hates USC and vice versa. Personally, I think that he was all USC until he went to IMG. Those kids down there are in it to get to the NFL and they are all business. That gave Clemson a shot. And right now, his path to the NFL is easier through Clemson. Sure, he's going to the NFL anyway because he's that talented. But at Clemson, he's going to be one of four really strong DL and you can't double team everyone. At USC, he's going to be the center of attention. Teams can game plan around him. He simply has a better opportunity to shine at Clemson for 3 years and be gone after that.

Reactions: mavcock and otha_s
Whoever smarted off at him, there is no way of knowing if its a Gamecock fan or not.

I would normally agree and initially wondered the same. I am not a twitter user. Can you change dates on your tweets? He sounded like a Gamecock fan back on 3/4/17.

Maybe someone he knows read some of the threads after he announced, and informed him how he and his family were getting bashed and he's responding in kind

In any event, hard for me to get all worked up on the decision of an 18yr old that has no significant impact on my life in any respect.

Reactions: Cybercock
Probably Daddy calling the shots. He likely has no say in it.

From prison, or did he get out?

What about the rumor about which school could get early release?, I thought his father was in on Federal Drug Charges? Not sure how any school's connections could secure that, sounded like a rumor rip of the old Denzel Washington Movie, He Got Game, lol

Big frog in a small pond. He is no William Perry type player but could end up like William Perry - minus the NFL career. They remind me of that Ball kid and his Daddy.

Yes, 1 guy in all of Twitterverse hurt XT's feelings. Not to mention he's a 100% confirmed Gamecock. There are, however, some diehard Tates on Tigernet who were also not too complimentary of XT before Saturday. Maybe not like "Bill", but still. Really don't believe either side bashing him has any influence....but I do think for whatever reason(s), his decision was made long before this weekend

Kid is very mentally weak in my opinion. Needs constant validation. Will fit in very well at clemson

That said, of course I wanted him and he may very well whip our ass 3 times and go on to be a top 5 pick

Kid is very mentally weak in my opinion. Needs constant validation. Will fit in very well at clemson

That said, of course I wanted him and he may very well whip our ass 3 times and go on to be a top 5 pick

He could went to Kentucky last year and whip out azz.

As a Clemson fan, I would agree with this completely. I suspect that most folks on Clemson/USC boards would as well. However, you have to realize that we are a rabid bunch... MOST people actually don't feel this way.

My wife and I met at Clemson. She got her BS and MS degrees from Clemson. She then got her PhD from USC. She pulls for Clemson when they play USC, but otherwise has no problems with rooting for USC. She was pleased at your run in basketball this season, while I was just trying not to vomit...

So there you go. Not everyone who "grew up" a Clemson fan hates USC and vice versa. Personally, I think that he was all USC until he went to IMG. Those kids down there are in it to get to the NFL and they are all business. That gave Clemson a shot. And right now, his path to the NFL is easier through Clemson. Sure, he's going to the NFL anyway because he's that talented. But at Clemson, he's going to be one of four really strong DL and you can't double team everyone. At USC, he's going to be the center of attention. Teams can game plan around him. He simply has a better opportunity to shine at Clemson for 3 years and be gone after that.

Thank you for your respectful tone - much appreciated! However, I struggle with that whole "easier path to the NFL" line. Sure, that's what Clemson's selling him and others right now, but if he (or other talented players) were to come here and make a name for himself and be the face of the defense from day 1, it would seem he'd have an even easier path to the NFL. There's actually a greater chance he'll get stuck behind other talented players in the Upstate and not get as much time to shine.

The other side of it is this - often times, guys who play around too much in recruiting end up not living up to the hype. We'll see w/XT. Time to go get some guys who want to play in the Garnet and Black and continue the tradition of NFL DE's like Clowney, Taylor, Geathers, Kalimba Edwards, Corey Miller, and even old Andrew Provence. We have history and depth there, too.

Respectfully submitted,

HTCock

Reactions: hopefultiger16
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT