ADVERTISEMENT

XT has a message for Gamecock Nation........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will your opinion change if Auburn, a "decent" SEC team (your words) beats Clemson (the best ACC team)?

In a word, no.

First of all, I think Auburn has a chance to be better than decent this year. They had the players last year, but their QB situation was not good and it cost them games (possibly the Clemson game among them). They’ve got a guy who should be a really good QB for them. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they beat Clemson this year. I don’t THINK they will. Gun to my head, I think Clemson pulls it out in DV, but these teams are very evenly matched this year. QB play will be HUGE in this game.

If Clemson wins this game, going back to 2010 (I’m randomly choosing this date, b/c looking at history, Auburn has clearly dominated… much like the SEC. The 2007 game was smack in the middle of the SEC dominate period. The start of the decade is where the SEC started to slide a bit vs other conferences). Looking from there, Clemson will have won 4 out of the last 5 games. If Clemson loses, still 3 out of 5.

Secondly, I don’t think it’s clear AT ALL that Clemson is the best team in the ACC. Clemson could be the 3rd best team in their own division behind UL and FSU. Clemson will not be favored to win the Atlantic for sure.

In a word, no.

First of all, I think Auburn has a chance to be better than decent this year. They had the players last year, but their QB situation was not good and it cost them games (possibly the Clemson game among them). They’ve got a guy who should be a really good QB for them. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they beat Clemson this year. I don’t THINK they will. Gun to my head, I think Clemson pulls it out in DV, but these teams are very evenly matched this year. QB play will be HUGE in this game.

If Clemson wins this game, going back to 2010 (I’m randomly choosing this date, b/c looking at history, Auburn has clearly dominated… much like the SEC. The 2007 game was smack in the middle of the SEC dominate period. The start of the decade is where the SEC started to slide a bit vs other conferences). Looking from there, Clemson will have won 4 out of the last 5 games. If Clemson loses, still 3 out of 5.

Secondly, I don’t think it’s clear AT ALL that Clemson is the best team in the ACC. Clemson could be the 3rd best team in their own division behind UL and FSU. Clemson will not be favored to win the Atlantic for sure.
Not going to be able to tell much from the Auburn game if Clempson wins that one. Who knows if Auburn is finally going to have a good team again.

Every time Clempson has beaten Auburn, they've gone on to have a mediocre season.
2011 - Auburn was 8 - 5
2012 - Auburn was 3 - 9
2016 - Auburn was 8 - 5

giphy.gif

Yes. It is obvious the ACC has better coaching. LINK

Reactions: jonesz21
Should have moved on a while back. No real USC Fan growing up would even consider attending Clemson. My lil sister graduated from Clemson. I didn't hardly want to attend the graduation. She can't even wear Clemson gear in my house. Clemson is Just not a place I want to be at all. A Gamecock Fan may go to another school other than USC but I can promise you a real Gamecock fan could never attend Clemson.
I am a Gamecock fan, a real one, and I attended Clemson.

It's not even certain he will even be that great. Remember that boy who played for Tanneyhill at Chesterfield - the defensive end the whole world wanted? He wound up going to Michigan and busted out big-time. Then he transferred to Carolina and did very little here also. Even Robert Nkemdiche, although he was pretty solid at Ole Miss, was never the juggernaut people expected. XT has a lot to prove.

It's not even certain he will even be that great. Remember that boy who played for Tanneyhill at Chesterfield - the defensive end the whole world wanted? He wound up going to Michigan and busted out big-time. Then he transferred to Carolina and did very little here also. Even Robert Nkemdiche, although he was pretty solid at Ole Miss, was never the juggernaut people expected. XT has a lot to prove.
You do have a point there. I saw XT play a couple times and he was a bit lazy and took some plays off in the games I watched. He ain't no Skai Moore. Somehow I just don't feel the burn of losing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT