ADVERTISEMENT

Ya know how to tell when your sports program really has issues?

Southern Fried Chicken

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2022
When it's a 100+ years RIVAL WEEK and there's virtually no jokes, no thrash talk, no ole time recollections, no etc., coming from your side.

It sure isn't like the old Gladiators honorarium .... "We who are about to die, salute thee."

I'll start: What's long and hard on a klemsin grad? ...... The third grade

NEXT MAN UP

Reactions: tngamecock#
First Big Thursday went away. Then, conference rivalry went away, Finally, competitiveness went away. This rivalry is on life support, a sorry vestige of its former self.

What of the talk that a 9 game conference schedule could eliminate it? That would suck.

Last edited:
First Big Thursday went away. Then, conference rivalry went away, Finally, competitiveness went away. This rivalry is on life support, a sorry vestige of its former self.
My friend, you have already seen the beginning of the end.

When the media started smirking at the term Student/Athlete, when players started sitting out bowl games & Charity All-Star games (Remember "Strong Legs Run, So Weak Legs Might Walk"?) to AVOID INJURY, with expanding eligibility to 5 & 6 years, graduate transfers, the transfer portal and N.I.L. Not even mentioning Super Conferences, multi-million dollar coaches salaries & buy-outs and the biggest jokes of them all, The College Football Playoff and my personal favorite, the EXPANDED PLAYOFF (you don't even have to win your conference, Hell you don't even have to win your division to qualify).

But, isn't that the American way? Anybody can get Rich but, expanding yourself into Bankruptcy, now that's an Art. We just need the media to tell us that we are already dead and to lie down.

When the media started smirking at the term Student/Athlete, when players started sitting out bowl games & Charity All-Star games (Remember "Strong Legs Run, So Weak Legs Might Walk"?) to AVOID INJURY, with expanding eligibility to 5 & 6 years, graduate transfers, the transfer portal and N.I.L. Not even mentioning Super Conferences, multi-million dollar coaches salaries & buy-outs and the biggest jokes of them all, The College Football Playoff and my personal favorite, the EXPANDED PLAYOFF (you don't even have to win your conference, Hell you don't even have to win your division to qualify).

But, isn't that the American way? Anybody can get Rich but, expanding yourself into Bankruptcy, now that's an Art. We just need the media to tell us that we are already dead and to lie down.
This!

Reactions: king ward

We are seeing the reality that change is inevitable but not all change is good.

The beginning of the end. One day folks will look back and see that the goose that laid the golden egg has been killed. When coaches and even assistant coaches started making more money than the college presidents, we knew things were out of whack. Turned it all into a business and businesses fail every day. The almighty dollar spoils a lot of things and a lot of people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT