ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all need just need get over yourselves and get behind Coach Beamer...

I hope Beamer wins. What is the alternative than to hope? He is here and that isn't going to change anytime soon. And I don't think whatever push back some of the fan base feel is actually directed personally at Beamer. He seems to attempt to say all the things that make people feel good. But many are still frustrated with the process that brought him here. Most can't imagine another SEC school outside of maybe Vandy that would have had Beamer on any list of even Longshot candidates for a head coaching job in this league. It just looked like the administration was looking to hire one that didn't come at a competitive price, and that people liked him when he was on staff previously, and he had a last name that was familiar in football circles. I think those are the facts as to why many are hoping for the best, but that USC didn't do their absolute best in searching for a coach with more of a serious resume rather than hoping USC could take a chance and hire their own version of Dabo.
Or maybe after trying the former HC and up and coming HC without a lot of success except for Spurrier they decided on the CEO approach. Give the guy a chance for goodness sake.

Read my post again but just skip to the last line. It's a free country and you can say anything you want, but it's also free enough that I can think anything about you I want and right now I'm not being kind.
I have no doubt you tend to end up on the wrong side of arguments.

I hope Beamer wins. What is the alternative than to hope? He is here and that isn't going to change anytime soon. And I don't think whatever push back some of the fan base feel is actually directed personally at Beamer. He seems to attempt to say all the things that make people feel good. But many are still frustrated with the process that brought him here. Most can't imagine another SEC school outside of maybe Vandy that would have had Beamer on any list of even Longshot candidates for a head coaching job in this league. It just looked like the administration was looking to hire one that didn't come at a competitive price, and that people liked him when he was on staff previously, and he had a last name that was familiar in football circles. I think those are the facts as to why many are hoping for the best, but that USC didn't do their absolute best in searching for a coach with more of a serious resume rather than hoping USC could take a chance and hire their own version of Dabo.
Good post.

fantastic-1418913340-1.gif

We don’t know that, he was hired by the University of South Carolina
That was then and this is now. Much has changed since then. The folks who think we could have gotten some coach similar to either one of those 2 is seriously deluding themselves. The way the game is played now had passed Spurrier by at the time he gave up. I don't mean just the x's and o's, I mean all the other stuff (social media, schmoozing recruits, etc.)

Reactions: myrtlecock
The point was that Holtz and Spurrier struggled early at SC. However, they were proven head coaches taking over bad situations. Beamer is taking over a bad situation with zero head coaching experience. Hiring an experienced head coach to rebuild would have been the better way to go. Learning on the job while rebuilding makes no sense. He’s not rebuilding in the MAC or the WAC. This is the freakin’ SEC. This is the highest level of college football.

Do you know this for a fact, or are you passing it off as fact?
Welcome to the 21st century. The sports media is all over college football coaching changes, especially in the SEC. If another school offered Beamer the head coaching job aside from South Carolina it would have been reported on ESPN, and nearly every other sports media outlet.

Let me ask you guys already deriding our brand new coach something.

Who the hell else were we going to get?

You guys are seriously ridiculous. You have yourself believing Nick Saban himself was beating down the door to come here. Or some coach that had a decent year at a small school is going to be our savior.

Listen.

IT'S a CRAP SHOOT!

It would not have mattered who we hired it was going to take time at this school. Every year plenty of those hot young coaches get a big job and fall flat on their face within two or three years. Tom Herman ring a bell? It's not the X's and O's at this point cuz it's the Jimmy's and Joe's.
If you can't have patience now then the best thing you can do is find another team to root for. If you can't understand this coach deserves time to make a difference then you're just an idiot and you do not deserve to be listened to any more.

In a couple of years you might have room for some criticism. NOT NOW.

The point was that Holtz and Spurrier struggled early at SC. However, they were proven head coaches taking over bad situations. Beamer is taking over a bad situation with zero head coaching experience. Hiring an experienced head coach to rebuild would have been the better way to go. Learning on the job while rebuilding makes no sense. He’s not rebuilding in the MAC or the WAC. This is the freakin’ SEC. This is the highest level of college football.
And we are exactly where most people thought we would be 3 games into the season.

Almost any coach who might like getting paid millions, and millions, and millions, of dollars each year. We may not be as popular with the coaches who don't care for money.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Welcome to the 21st century. The sports media is all over college football coaching changes, especially in the SEC. If another school offered Beamer the head coaching job aside from South Carolina it would have been reported on ESPN, and nearly every other sports media outlet.
Do you really believe that all offers are published?

Reactions: cockofdawn
Do you really believe that all offers are published?
Talking privately to an agent about a coach just to gage his interest might not always be published. When a school actually makes an offer the agent wants that leaked to the sports media. Agent is hoping to get at least two schools into a bidding war. This creates more money for everyone involved. ESPN and others jump on this kind of stuff. They want to be the first to break the news.

Talking privately to an agent about a coach just to gage his interest might not always be published. When a school actually makes an offer the agent wants that leaked to the sports media. Agent is hoping to get at least two schools into a bidding war. This creates more money for everyone involved. ESPN and others jump on this kind of stuff. They want to be the first to break the news.
Can you provide me an example where we've had coverage of a bidding war?

Can you provide me an example where we've had coverage of a bidding war?
Do you think Coach Beamer had his choice of head coaching jobs, and somehow we got him for less than 3 million per year? Right now Beamer is one of the lowest paid SEC coaches, as he should be.

The quicker you guys accept this job was too big for him, the quicker we can move on and try to get better.

No point in wasting the next few years knowing the inevitable outcome.
Seriously. Go away. No. Seriously. I mean for real. Like not joking. Please do this for the rest of us.
1. Find another team.
2. Go away.
Seriously.

Nice deflection. Can I write your next post? Just give me the topic. We all could write it because it is full of the same hate over and over and over. I mean can’t y’all just take a break from the hate? Seriously.
I mean I wouldn’t be “negative” if things were going well. Aren’t you tired of being awful yet?

Do you think Coach Beamer had his choice of head coaching jobs, and somehow we got him for less than 3 million per year? Right now Beamer is one of the lowest paid SEC coaches, as he should be.
There are a lot of schools that can’t touch a 3 million dollar salary.

You guys are seriously ridiculous. You have yourself believing Nick Saban himself was beating down the door to come here. Or some coach that had a decent year at a small school is going to be our savior.

Listen.

IT'S a CRAP SHOOT!

It would not have mattered who we hired it was going to take time at this school. Every year plenty of those hot young coaches get a big job and fall flat on their face within two or three years. Tom Herman ring a bell? It's not the X's and O's at this point cuz it's the Jimmy's and Joe's.
If you can't have patience now then the best thing you can do is find another team to root for. If you can't understand this coach deserves time to make a difference then you're just an idiot and you do not deserve to be listened to any more.

In a couple of years you might have room for some criticism. NOT NOW.
what about Bill Belichik?? Or Nick Saban, hell even Knute Rockne, these IDIOTS on here think they deserve the best coach ever, no matter who comes to SC, they will always be competing with, Georgia Alabama, Florida, Taters, etc etc etc for recruits!! And i dont car WHO YOU ARE, you will not win consistently in teh SEC without the 5 Star guys, sure there will be that one year "Flash in the pan" (Sorta like teh Final Four run) but not sonsistently!! Unfortunatley USC is not Alabama football...

Almost any coach who might like getting paid millions, and millions, and millions, of dollars each year. We may not be as popular with the coaches who don't care for money.
You are lying to yourself. By that measure we should just find some random dude off the street. Almost any coach right?

It's not like the good ones aren't already established somewhere making that kind of money already in a situation they like.

Like I said it really is a game of chance. A crap shoot. I bet good money you would have much less success discovering the next great coach than the people we have trying to do it for the university.

There are a lot of schools that can’t touch a 3 million dollar salary.
3 million is on the low end in the SEC. Nearly every school that traditionally is in the top 25 pays their coach more than 3 million dollars. I could make you a list, but it would be a long list. Does your internet come with a search engine?

3 million is on the low end in the SEC. Nearly every school that traditionally is in the top 25 pays their coach more than 3 million dollars. I could make you a list, but it would be a long list. Does your internet come with a search engine?
So how many schools play division 1 football? Is it more than 25?

The quicker you guys accept this job was too big for him, the quicker we can move on and try to get better.

No point in wasting the next few years knowing the inevitable outcome.
what? first off, it doesnt matter what we feel or think, Beamer will be here a minimum of 5 years so you may as well buckle up buttercup..

Swearinger also did it while we were good. Swearinger would have been embarrassing if we were losing by 30.
you need to watch more football... a player makes a great play, hi is gonna celebrate it no matter the score...they dont sit there and think, you know if we wasnt getting our ass kicked i could celebrate my great play...

So how many schools play division 1 football? Is it more than 25?
Yes, there are more than 25 schools that play in the FBS division. At present there are 5 power conferences, and a group of 5 other conferences.

What else can I help you with ?

That article told me nothing. Did you read it?
They are in the linked article. You only need to scroll down a few paragraphs.

I will go ahead and post them here for you since you missed it.

Examples of agent playing one school against another to get the coach a raise.

Purdue coach Jeff Brohm, a middling 13-12 in two seasons with the Boilermakers, received a 50-percent raise ($4 million to $6 million) last month. He was courted by Louisville, his alma mater, with a seven-year deal for $35 million.

Just halfway through his first season as the coach at Notre Dame in 2005, there were whispers (perhaps floated by his agent) that Weis was garnering interest from the NFL for a coaching job. That prompted Notre Dame athletic director Kevin White to sign Weis to a new 10-year contract worth between $30 million and $40 million.

You think I make this stuff up, and it really does not happen? Do you never watch sports news? It happens in football, basketball, and baseball.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT