ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all Still Think Greenville is a Tater Town?

Watson was in the mall signing autographs yesterday (puke). Is certainly looked like tater town in front of Belk

Aren't you the oracle. I lived in Greenville about 12 years until I moved to Anderson (aka The Belly of the Beast).
Greenville is overloaded with urange. Especially this year. Greenville has a big Carolina fanbase. Unfortunately, we don't show it as much.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
For the love of Pete, Greenville's nice, Columbia's nice, Charleston's nice, everywhere in South Carolina's nice. Let's quit making this a pissing match about where the best place to live in our small state is and love the fact that we beat Duke and are going to the Sweet 16!

Look I get it, it is cute. Gvl dressed up the old downtown and built a bridge. It is nice, but yes it would not be in any real top ten of SC.
I've lived in Greenville County all fifty years of my life, and I have nothing but love for it! I remember when our downtown was {desolate} but I still enjoyed it, it's not only about our beautiful city, that makes this a great place to live, "it's the whole Greater Greenville area-that makes this place great!!

Reactions: RaginRooster
I have lived in Greenville most of my life and have traveled the entire east coast as well as outside the US and have yet to find a place that I would rather live than Greenville.

Oh and there are a whole lot of Gamecock fans everywhere here.

We had 4 times as many fans there tonight as Duke had. During the UNC game I thought they had a lot more fans there than us, but when we showed up for our game I think we had just as many.

Greenville is overloaded with urange. Especially this year. Greenville has a big Carolina fanbase. Unfortunately, we don't show it as much.

I've always said that! It's not that we don't have a large fan base in Greenville, we just don't show up.

Ummmm....yeah it is.

QUOTE="Heyward1, post: 3227767, member: 17024"]Umm Gvl would not be in the top ten places to live in SC.[/QUOTE]

Gvl is about 55/45 Clemson. Still the best place to live in sc.
Oh, this (incomplete) list is about Greenville?

2014 Awards
Most Exciting Mid-Sized Cities in the U.S.Charleston ranked #2 by Movoto Real Estate
Source: Movoto Real Estate

Best American Cities for FoodiesCharleston ranked #4 by Conde Nast Traveler
Source: Conde Nast Traveler

Most Romantic Getaways in the WorldCharleston ranked #4 by Fodor's
Source: Fodor's

Top Performing Cities in the U.S.Charleston ranked #11 by Milken Institute
Source: Business Insider

Best Destinations in the U.S.Charleston voted #13 in the 2014 Trip Advisor Traveler's Choice Awards
Source: Trip Advisor

Top Destinations for 2014Charleston listed among the top 20 travel destinations in the world
Source: Telegraph Travel

Best Places to RetireCharleston listed among the best places to retire by Forbes
Source: Forbes

Friendliest Cities in the U.S.Charleston ranked #1 by readers of Conde Nast Traveler
Source: Conde Nast
Most Amazing Places Uncle Sam Could Send YouCharleston ranked #12 on list of best U.S. military base locations around the world
Source:Huffington Post

Best Girls' Trip
Charleston voted #2 by readers of USA Today and 10Best.com
Source: 10Best.com

Best Post-College TownsCharleston featured among the best post-college towns by USA Today
Source: USA Today
2013 Awards
Top City in the U.S. and Canada Charleston voted #1 in the Travel + Leisure 2013 World’s Best Awards survey.
Travel + Leisure – July 2013
Top 10 Cities Overall Charleston ranked #7 in the Travel + Leisure 2013 World’s Best Awards readers’ survey.
Travel + Leisure – July 2013

Best Master-Planned Communities in the U.S. Daniel Island selected among the top 50 master planned communities
Where to Retire – June 2013 Top Location for Retirement Charleston selected as one of the top locations for retirement
Retirement and Good Living – February 2013
2012 Awards
Top Travel Destination in the World Charleston, SC Ranked #1 by Condé Nast Traveler Readers.
Condé-Nast – October 2012
Top U.S. Travel Destination Charleston, SC Ranked #1 by Condé Nast Traveler Readers.
Condé-Nast – October 2012
Top 10 Downtowns 2012 Charleston ranked #2
Livability.com – 2012
Best Places for Business and Careers in the U.S. Charleston-North Charleston-Summerville, MSA ranked #34
Forbes – June 2012
Top 10 Fastest Growing Cities for Software and Internet Technology Charleston ranked among the top 10 fastest growing cities for software and Internet technology.
Fast Company – June 2012
Fifteen Tech Scenes in Places You’d Never Think to Look Charleston listed as one of the Fifteen Tech Scenes in Places You’d Never Think to Look
Fast Company – June 2012
Top Mid-Size Cities for Jobs Charleston-North Charleston-Summerville MSA ranks #5 on list (up from #8 in 2011). It ranks 29th MSA overall.
Forbes – May 2012
Healthiest Small-business Climates in the South Charleston ranks #6
On Numbers – April 2012
Top 10 Spring Break Destinations for Families Charleston ranked #3
Livability – 2012
Top 21 Places to Go in 2012
Charleston named as one of the top places to go in the world (1 of only 2 places in the U.S.)
Fodor’s Travel – January 2012
Top U.S. Destinations on the Rise for 2012 Charleston ranked #10
TripAdvisor – January 2012
2011 Awards
Best-Performing Cities 2011 Charleston-North Charleston MAS ranked #11 U.S. market for jobs, economic growth
Milken Institute – December 2011
America's Best Shopping Streets King Street named among top 10 shopping streets in U.S.
U.S. News and World Report – November 2011
Top “Brain Gainer”
Charleston Metro area ranked #1 for biggest growth over past decade in percentage of adults with college degrees
Wall Street Journal – October 2011
Top American Travel Destination Charleston, SC Ranked #1
Condé-Nast – October 2011
World's Best Cities Charleston, SC Ranked #3 City for travel in the world
CNNGo – October 2011
Best Honeymoon Destinations in the US Charleston ranked #8
[URL]http://travel.usnews.com/Rankings/Best_Honeymoon_Destinations_in_the_US/U.S. News and World Report [/URL]- 2011
America's Most Beautiful Neighborhoods Charleston’s South of Broad area #5
[URL]http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/americas-most-beautiful-neighborhoods/6Travel + Leisure[/URL]– 2011
The 10 Best Cities For Weekend Vacations Charleston Ranked #5
[URL]http://www.forbes.com/pictures/ehkj45eiii/charlestonForbes[/URL] – October 2011
Top "Surprisingly Romantic City" Charleston, SC Ranked #1
Yahoo.com Wanderlust- 2011
2011 World's Best Cities Charleston ranked #2 in the United States and Canada region
[URL]http://www.travelandleisure.com/worldsbest/2011/cities/us-canada-cities/247Travel + Leisure[/URL]– 2011
50 Best Master-Planned Communities in the United States Daniel Island listed among the 50 Best Master-Planned Communities in the United States
Where to Retire Magazine - 2011
Top 10 Food & Wine Destinations in the U.S. Charleston ranked #4
[URL]http://www.tripadvisor.com/TCDestinations-cFoodWineTripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Destinations Awards [/URL]- 2011

I grew up in the burbs of Greenville and while it has much to offer it's not a college town and that's what I love about my Columbia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT