ADVERTISEMENT

Yardcocks VS HolyCross thread

Idiots calling the game are making fun of the missed ball in left field being ruled a hit by the official scorer. Obviously they know nothing about scoring baseball. As ridiculous as that play seemed, if the fielder does not get a glove on the ball it is always ruled a hit. No part of his glove touched the ball so therefore that was the right ruling. 6-0 cocks

Idiots calling the game are making fun of the missed ball in left field being ruled a hit by the official scorer. Obviously they know nothing about scoring baseball. As ridiculous as that play seemed, if the fielder does not get a glove on the ball it is always ruled a hit. No part of his glove touched the ball so therefore that was the right ruling. 6-0 cocks
Idiots? we sure eat our own around here

Wow. Calling Kip Bouknight an idiot. Wow. And I don't know where you learned baseball scoring....but you do not have to touch the ball to be charged an error.

Last edited:
It is not necessary that the fielder touch the ball to be charged with an error. If a ground ball goes through a fielder's legs or a fly ball falls untouched and, in the scorer's judgment, the fielder could have handled the ball with ordinary effort, the official scorer shall charge such fielder with an error.

9.12 Errors - Baseball Rules Academy

Reactions: bushmastercock
104.9 in the upstate has the game on. If you're watching online for the first time, yes. Online video is around 30 secs behind radio.

Daddy ball scoring, why kids bat .900 when their dads' keep the scorebook! Will always hate that shit with a passion!

10-0 Gamecocks final.

Carmen goes 7 strong innings, Lawson strikes out the side in the 8th, and Tujetsch adds 1 K vs. 1 BB in a scoreless 9th. Clean fielding, with no errors. Hitting was mediocre (6 hits), but we took 8 walks and benefitted from 4 HC errors. Lots of things to work on, but still an easy opening day win.

Reactions: Gaimcock
Good start even if it is HC. 8 walks helped, and shows that Stuart Lake’s philosophy of being patient and battling with 2 strikes got results today. Only one game but I’ll take a 10 runs and a shutout any day

Good win. Always good to get the 1st one.

Shirley , when we lose, the thread will be 5 pages long. SmokinSmile

Glad to see 104.9 in Greenville carrying the games.

Go Gamecocks.

10-0 shutout first game of the year is a great start. Pitching and defense looked great!

BUT... We only had 6 hits? Kind of concerning against inferior competition.... Two HRs early an very little after. Hope to see more tomorrow.

10-0 shutout first game of the year is a great start. Pitching and defense looked great!

BUT... We only had 6 hits? Kind of concerning against inferior competition.... Two HRs early an very little after. Hope to see more tomorrow.
They had around 10 walks and 4 Es. So dont swing if it's not a strike. I'm not too worried.

They had around 10 walks and 4 Es. So dont swing if it's not a strike. I'm not too worried.
They had a bunch of strikeouts too. Cant argue with the end result but we struggled at the plate last year... This game did not give me an overwhelmingly positive impression that we have improved greatly there. It was good to see those two new guys go yard early.

Game 2!!!

USC takes a 3-0 lead in the bottom of the 1st. Eyster with an RBI single and Noah Campbell with a sac bunt RBI. Clarke then adds another run on an RBI single.

Reactions: ulysses5
Good win again today. Kerry had a rough second inning but bounced back, and pitching combined for 15ks. Also scored 9 on 9 hits, and only 3ks. Defense with it’s 2nd errorless game to start the season. A lot of fans will say it’s holy cross, but these early big wins against weaker opponents give the coaches a good look at several players as well as things they need to improve on. I’ll take it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT