ADVERTISEMENT

Yogi Berra/Casey Stengel story

permacock70

Aug 31, 2000
Late 50's, Yankees vs. White Sox in Chicago:

Yankee Hall of Famer Whitey Ford pitching and Yogi catching.....

Chicago's Louis Aparicio lays down a perfect bunt on Ford's first pitch.
On Ford's second pitch the second batter hits a sharp single to left .
Ford hits the next batter on the next pitch.
Ted Kluszewski blast Ford's next pitch off the center field fence for a triple, clearing the bases

Now Casey Stengel comes to the pitcher's mound and he ask Yogi if Ford's "stuff" is ok today.

Yogi replys..."I don't know, "Whiteys thrown four pitches and I ain't cought one yet"

Ted Kluszewski blast Ford's next pitch off the center field fence for a triple, clearing the bases

Now Casey Stengel comes to the pitcher's mound and he ask Yogi if Ford's "stuff" is ok today.

Yogi replys..."I don't know, "Whiteys thrown four pitches and I ain't cought one yet"
“PRICELESS” :D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Well, I don't know if that is true - but it is funny! :p

I wonder what percentage of "Yogi stories" are 100% true?
Great story though, short and sweet

It takes a special brain to come up with some of that stuff, apparently a brain like Yogi's!

Boy, do I ever love those Yogi sayings!!!

I wonder what percentage of "Yogi stories" are 100% true?
Great story though, short and sweet

That would be interesting to know. It has been my experience in the work place that only about 10% of those types sayings by different people are true. There is what I call the piling on effect. I've heard people report something that someone supposedly said and other people would "join in" on the fun and by the time it made several rounds it was no where close to what was actually said. Then that particular person that supposedly made the original statement would get the reputation for all sorts of "off beat" comments/sayings they didn't really say.

But regardless, true or not, Yogi was able to turn the tables and make off of his Yogism. So he may have turned lies people reported about him into a fortune.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT