ADVERTISEMENT

You can negotiate a buy out

ken in sacramento

Jan 16, 2000
Muschamp May be willing to take much less. Sticking around for this slow motion train wreck might actually make him unemployable in the future. At the very least he’s looking at some very difficult and unhappy years in Columbia. I’d be calling his agent to take his temperature on this. Worth a shot.

Muschamp May be willing to take much less. Sticking around for this slow motion train wreck might actually make him unemployable in the future. At the very least he’s looking at some very difficult and unhappy years in Columbia. I’d be calling his agent to take his temperature on this. Worth a shot.

He would rather you just fire him, he isn’t going to give up money that you committed to him to make you feel better.

If you fire Will today, he probably works for Ed Orgeron next season, Pelini isn’t lasting. If not him someone else. He could have any number of DC jobs making bottom of the barrel given his offset language, it actually makes him slightly more desirable to get hired.

Orgeron takes chances like hiring a 29-year-old Joe Brady.

Why would Muschamp's name even cross his mind after how they smacked us around 2 weeks ago?

He would rather you just fire him, he isn’t going to give up money that you committed to him to make you feel better.

If you fire Will today, he probably works for Ed Orgeron next season, Pelini isn’t lasting. If not him someone else. He could have any number of DC jobs making bottom of the barrel given his offset language, it actually makes him slightly more desirable to get hired.

Reactions: ddw1263
Orgeron takes chances like hiring a 29-year-old Joe Brady.

Why would Muschamp's name even cross his mind after how they smacked us around 2 weeks ago?

He hired Bo Pelini, who is known for being difficult to work with, brash and really an all around Ahole. Pelini‘s exit from Nebraska was beyond crazy. He is very old school and not particularly cutting edge. Will might be an upgrade.

Muschamp won't negotiate. Why would he? Surely he isn't that stupid. And it isn't like he is getting out before he is fired so it will make him an easier candidate for his next HC job. That ship has sailed. Unless it is just to avoid the shame, he has zero motivation to take anything less than what he is fully owed.

About how much would it cost to fire Tanner
on Monday. How much would it cost to fire Muschamp on Monday?

It’s almost like a University like UofSC should have enough $$$ stashed away to correct two horrible mistakes.

Has Ray Tanner even made a comment regarding the football teams recent performances? Where was he today?

Last edited:
I really don't know why people act like coaches, politicians and certain professionals have rare gifts. There is no reason Muschamp should ever work in football ever again. Why?! There are thousands of youngsters who would kill for the job and then work their butts off instead of becoming obese nincompoops.

He hired Bo Pelini, who is known for being difficult to work with, brash and really an all around Ahole. Pelini‘s exit from Nebraska was beyond crazy. He is very old school and not particularly cutting edge. Will might be an upgrade.

Reactions: The Gadfly
Only if there's any reason why he could be fired "for cause." He'll likely never be a head coach again anyway - and he'd be easily employable as a DC anywhere. I'm sure he, like pretty much anyone else in the world, would be willing to be a little unhappy at work for millions of dollars. Most people do that for much less.

I understand California and new York have placed 100 million somewhere outside cola town..........just sayin’

That's true....and he will be a great DC again. That's what he is. He sure as h#Ll ain't a HC....that's been woefully proven. He will land a great job immediately, and do well on a top 5-7 team. Congrats. Happy trails.

He's not going to be a DC at a P5 school. He's toxic now.

He might get a chance at a place like UAB, UNCC, VMI or FAU, but nowhere else.

At this point you pitch it to him as, "bow out gracefully and you might be a football coach again. Why stay here for 2-3 more years and make you and your family miserable?"

Even if he would not agree to take less money on his buyout, a negation could happen with a restructure of monies owed to him.
However, I don't know what if any incentive there would be for CWM to renegotiate. .

At this point you pitch it to him as, "bow out gracefully and you might be a football coach again. Why stay here for 2-3 more years and make you and your family miserable?"

I disagree on his not being hired as DC for a big time program. That is his ceiling and you can tell when he talks X/O s that is his comfort level. He just cannot set the vision for an entire program. Too bad we didn’t use the Florida intel before we pledged so much money to him.

LOL - you do not know football if you don't think he can't go get a top notch DC job sooner rather that later. I promise you no one in his profession is going to begrudge him getting every nickel he can out of UofSC. It is a brutal profession, most of these guys are friendly for the most part with one another. They all get it, you either win big or you get hammered by your fan bae. You sometimes get hammered even when you have won big and then lose one along the way.

Coaches have a fraternity, they look out for one another. Will is a hard worker, and a better than average recruiter. He has a dynamic personality, he just isn't a great head coach. I promise you Will bounces back quickly and will be at an a top 20 program as a DC in short order. He may go the Saban rehab route and make $25 k per year while Tanner pays him millions, but it won't be long before he is back at the helm of a defense.

Besides, this job, isn't viewed well, it is a tough place to win. Let's be real, who has one big hear? Two guys, ever. Most coaches who think they can do better don't want this job. It has to be a guy that thinks he is skipping a step and it is the chance he has been waiting on. Even then, this is a stepping stone. If he has a lot of success, the allure of one of those top 10 jobs is usually too good to pass up.

LOL - you do not know football if you don't think he can't go get a top notch DC job sooner rather that later. I promise you no one in his profession is going to begrudge him getting every nickel he can out of UofSC. It is a brutal profession, most of these guys are friendly for the most part with one another. They all get it, you either win big or you get hammered by your fan bae. You sometimes get hammered even when you have won big and then lose one along the way.

Coaches have a fraternity, they look out for one another. Will is a hard worker, and a better than average recruiter. He has a dynamic personality, he just isn't a great head coach. I promise you Will bounces back quickly and will be at an a top 20 program as a DC in short order. He may go the Saban rehab route and make $25 k per year while Tanner pays him millions, but it won't be long before he is back at the helm of a defense.

Besides, this job, isn't viewed well, it is a tough place to win. Let's be real, who has one big hear? Two guys, ever. Most coaches who think they can do better don't want this job. It has to be a guy that thinks he is skipping a step and it is the chance he has been waiting on. Even then, this is a stepping stone. If he has a lot of success, the allure of one of those top 10 jobs is usually too good to pass up.

Maybe not, but I still don't think he will coach for a P5 school except as a position coach or possibly as a Saban QC coach. Even his defensive scheming and prep sucks. CBs and safeties can't cover, and DL and LBs can't stop the run. This is year 5.

But I agree with the rest of your post.

About how much would it cost to fire Tanner
on Monday. How much would it cost to fire Muschamp on Monday?

It’s almost like a University like UofSC should have enough $$$ stashed away to correct two horrible mistakes.

Has Ray Tanner even made a comment regarding the football teams recent performances? Where was he today?
They are borrowing almost $50 mil this year just to meet their financial obligations. Give WM 15 mil to walk away? Really?

Reactions: F-86F
They are borrowing almost $50 mil this year just to meet their financial obligations. Give WM 15 mil to walk away? Really?

I had heard that we may lose up to $50M this year, but I have not heard that we were borrowing $50M. We have made budget cuts across the board, so I'm not sure this is correct. Did you have a link?

Reactions: The Gadfly
Our defense blows.

Give it a freakin rest.

Please read my thread MusChamp Fired?? Link Provided and Share your thoughts

It’s all business to Will. He’s here to make money. Which explains all his press conferences being almost identical in industry jargon and attitude.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT