ADVERTISEMENT

You heard it here 1st.

Honestly Esso, that should have been the case from the beginning. Granted, it looks like we're going to dodge a bullet, but what if? Resources will be needed in MB, at the very least.

It's not like they were playing ND. :D

Well now, I am hearing that they are back tracking again. They are waiting on the 10:00am report. They are messing up my breaking news story !

Honestly Esso, that should have been the case from the beginning. Granted, it looks like we're going to dodge a bullet, but what if? Resources will be needed in MB, at the very least.

News is pumping up this hurricane as if it's bigger than Hugo.
I don't agree with them but the flooding in Columbia did take us by surprise. If we get rain straight for 2-3 days; same thing could happen.

Reactions: jbouton
I don't agree with them but the flooding in Columbia did take us by surprise. If we get rain straight for 2-3 days; same thing could happen.
That's going to be the big issue in this, and always has been. Not to mention the run off from all the rains in NC that will come down here later in the week too. 2-3 days rain here in Columbia, and add NC runoff on top of it...yeah...we're screwed.

That's going to be the big issue in this, and always has been. Not to mention the run off from all the rains in NC that will come down here later in the week too. 2-3 days rain here in Columbia, and add NC runoff on top of it...yeah...we're screwed.
You would think that part of the emergency funds given before would help prepare for the situation again in the future instead of just rebuilding what was destroyed...

Too hopeful? I guess we just need to dump more money/taxes into the federal government in hope that they are used properly.

Well now, I am hearing that they are back tracking again. They are waiting on the 10:00am report. They are messing up my breaking news story !
Did Dabo approve your message :D

You would think that part of the emergency funds given before would help prepare for the situation again in the future instead of just rebuilding what was destroyed...

Too hopeful? I guess we just need to dump more money/taxes into the federal government in hope that they are used properly.
$10MM to ICE from FEMA on June 1, start of hurricane season.

They're going to use this opportunity to put a decent opponent on the schedule since they will need a resume builder with the current state of the ACC...

Clemson game is cancelled. Announcement forthcoming
You might want to check your sources, or better yet, quit throwing sh^& up against the wall and seeing if it sticks. This game has been on all week, and cancelling it has only been last resort.

Reactions: Pole
You might want to check your sources, or better yet, quit throwing sh^& up against the wall and seeing if it sticks. This game has been on all week, and cancelling it has only been last resort.
Someone needs a Vicodin.
tenor.gif

Was infrastructure improved in Columbia after the last big flood? If not, it's a shame that rests on the State and Local politicians.

Last edited:
Reactions: vehemon
The wind is not the issue with Florence. This is a very slow moving, large system carrying a ton of water. On it's proposed current track it is going to dump a lot of rain from the midlands through the upstate....some very heavy rains in a short period of time will overwhelm the best drainage systems and cause havoc with sewer lift systems.

Dabo cancels the game today and uses it for a PR gain. Local media will eat it up as some gracious decision.

You may have a point there, I have learned that reading Mickey Pyler's tweets is like watching MSNBC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT