ADVERTISEMENT

You Know What I Think...

...I think we've got a game of mammoth importance this Saturday in Lexington, Ky., one that could set up a great season for us or largely rule one out. I also think that many of our constituency are more preoccupied with the QB situation at UPC than with what's going on with us. Wonder why that is.

Does it matter? I doubt Muschamp, coaches and team are paying much attention to Clemson this week. As long as they prepare, the “constituency” can discuss whatever interests them.

Does it matter? I doubt Muschamp, coaches and team are paying much attention to Clemson this week. As long as they prepare, the “constituency” can discuss whatever interests them.
It's not about people's rights, but their priorities. I have opined myself in order to correct some obvious error. But I find the maniacal interest on this forum in all things UPC to be humorous if not pathetic.

...I think we've got a game of mammoth importance this Saturday in Lexington, Ky., one that could set up a great season for us or largely rule one out. I also think that many of our constituency are more preoccupied with the QB situation at UPC than with what's going on with us. Wonder why that is.
Because this is a message board and 0% of what occurs here has any bearing on what happens on the field?

Or

Because this is an internet message board where people discuss multiple things of interest to them.

Just the news of the day....and it happens to be pretty big news about our rivals. If it were just one QB replacing another, I doubt there would be the interest....but one transferring, different story.
This was foreseeable. I think it was a foregone conclusion from Monday on. People act as if the United States just got hit by some sort of surprise attack.

It's not about people's rights, but their priorities. I have opined myself in order to correct some obvious error. But I find the maniacal interest on this forum in all things UPC to be humorous if not pathetic.
The number of posts on this board discussing the Kentucky game has zilch to do with the outcome, as is the irony of you taking time to type out a post to further a discussion on something you deem "humorous or pathetic"...

The number of posts on this board discussing the Kentucky game has zilch to do with the outcome, as is the irony of you taking time to type out a post to further a discussion on something you deem "humorous or pathetic"...
Thirteen (13) directly or tangentially Bryant-related threads on the first page of the forum as of 3:20 p.m. is remarkable on a Gamecock site, as well as humorous and pathetic. And pointing it out doesn't waste my time - not this particular time. I'll have other time in a little while that will have to preempt this. Right now, I'm free as a bird.

Our rival's starting Senior QB, who happened to win the ACC championship and took his team to the playoffs, decided to transfer midseason and you're surprised Gamecock fans are talking about it? This isn't just a player losing a starting job and getting replaced. This is the 4th QB and 14th player lost to transfer since last season. Why would we want to ignore that?
Bryant proved he could win the ACC and take them to the playoffs. Lawrence has yet to prove anything against a team with a defensive pulse.

I think the OP is asking "WHY DOES IT INTEREST THEM" given that this is a GAMECOCK message board, not a clemsux message board. But one couldn't tell as such by the ridiculous # of clemsux threads on here.

Reactions: king ward
Thirteen (13) directly or tangentially Bryant-related threads on the first page of the forum as of 3:20 p.m. is remarkable on a Gamecock site, as well as humorous and pathetic. And pointing it out doesn't waste my time - not this particular time. I'll have other time in a little while that will have to preempt this. Right now, I'm free as a bird.
I agree. Totally pathetic.

I doubt this is the only board that is mostly discussing that situation.
But this is The Big Board - the sum of all boards. And it isn't ours today, even if it has our name on it. Something ain't right with that. And some of our best people justifying it, too. It's not as if another 9-11 had happened or something.

Reactions: SCexpat38
I agree. Totally pathetic.

I'm sure taternet was dead silent when Spurrier left midseason. I think all fans celebrate their rival's hiccups. It's normal.
We could bury our heads in the sand and pretend not to notice, or care, what's going on at Clemson, but the entire college football world is talking about this transfer. It's not just us.

Pivotal game Saturday night in Lexington.

I agree, it's a very important game for us.
Snell is averaging 128 yards per game. Do you think we hold him under 128 yards?
We held him to just over 100 yards last season, but still lost.
3rd down conversions are going to be very important. We will win Saturday if we convert 3rd downs and sustain drives.

I'm sure taternet was dead silent when Spurrier left midseason. I think all fans celebrate their rival's hiccups. It's normal.
We could bury our heads in the sand and pretend not to notice, or care, what's going on at Clemson, but the entire college football world is talking about this transfer. It's not just us.
They have their marginal people; we have ours.

But this is The Big Board - the sum of all boards. And it isn't ours today, even if it has our name on it. Something ain't right with that. And some of our best people justifying it, too. It's not as if another 9-11 had happened or something.
Are you saying FGF is the big board?

Reactions: SCexpat38
I agree, it's a very important game for us.
Snell is averaging 128 yards per game. Do you think we hold him under 128 yards?
We held him to just over 100 yards last season, but still lost.
3rd down conversions are going to be very important. We will win Saturday if we convert 3rd downs and sustain drives.
I think we have to hold them under 300 yards total offense and under 150 rushing. We also need at least 450-500 yards total offense.

It's easy to make it a 1-game season. Even if we lose, we can still go 9-2 (maybe 10-2) which should be our goal if we lose. That would still be an historic season for us. We have to accept that this team most likely will not - nor should it - go 10-1 or 11-1. In year 3, we're not there. The UGA game showed us that.

With that said... if we lay an egg against KY, then there is reason to think 6-5 or 7-4 is a win for the season (which addresses the "rule one out" part of your post).

Huge game. This will tell the difference between possibly 10 win team or 7 win team.

Huge game. This will tell the difference between possibly 10 win team or 7 win team.
This one is big for this season, and seasons to come - gotta beat UK!

Important game, yes. Mammoth, no.
The only mammoth game was UGA and we crapped the bed. Our opportunity to "move and shake" was then and there in our home stadium. Since when did beating UK in football mean something? I just checked their record the last 5 years and it's a good bit shy of .500 with only 2 bowls and no bowl wins (lost to GT and Northwestern).
Don't get me wrong, if we lose, we may tumble a long ways (I hope Champ wouldn't let that happen), but winning makes us the tallest midget in the SEC-East after Giant UGA.

Reactions: Zann77 and lostcock
Important game, yes. Mammoth, no.
The only mammoth game was UGA and we crapped the bed. Our opportunity to "move and shake" was then and there in our home stadium. Since when did beating UK in football mean something? I just checked their record the last 5 years and it's a good bit shy of .500 with only 2 bowls and no bowl wins (lost to GT and Northwestern).
Don't get me wrong, if we lose, we may tumble a long ways (I hope Champ wouldn't let that happen), but winning makes us the tallest midget in the SEC-East after Giant UGA.
In the context of who we really are and what we could conceivably accomplish, this is a mammoth game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT