ADVERTISEMENT

You know you are getting old if you can remember (fill in the blank).

Saying "1999 that will never get here. Right?" Lol
giphy.gif

Exactly what you were doing when you first heard of President Kennedy's assassination.

The above is the first of many things I could mention. LOL!

Faked being sick, cut school, walked home from the bus stop, turned on the tv and felt guilty after seeing Walter Cronkite report that Kennedy had died.

Never locking your doors at night. Actually leaving doors open only screen door closed. All windows open with screens so you could run attic fan at night Old truck in yard that you never locked or took the key out of
Can’t wait for those days to come back

Last edited:
Watching wrestling at the Spartanburg Memorial auditorium.
I saw the Midnight Express in either Anderson or Greenwood in 1986. I was buying beer at the store across the street from the auditorium when Bobby Eaton walked in wearing his tights and all sweaty. He bought a twelve pack and I said "Beautiful Bobby, you gonna share that beer with Loverboy Dennis? He said "F@!# him, he can buy his own damn beer!". As I was leaving, the guy running the store asked him "Are you one of those wrestlers?" As if it was normal for a shirtless, sweaty guy with a bleached-blonde mullet wearing tights with rocket ships and boots to walk in to his establishment.

Exactly what you were doing when you first heard of President Kennedy's assassination.

Hawaii’s statehood.
Chuck Hiller’s grand slam.
First pair of metal cleats
My first bb glove that didn’t come from western auto...a Rawlings SM6 (Stan the Man).

“If it ain’t swayin we ain’t playin!”

‘Go Cocks’ bloomers (gosh I miss those)

The Ford Pinto and the Gremlin.

Fuzzy posters, black lights, lava lamps, and incense.

Parking on school grounds with my shotgun mounted on the back window from hunting that morning or going after school.

I saw Digger Phelps there. Coaching the Irish against us. Coaching. And I was a USC student.

That’s good stuff. I remember USC having a horrible game against Clemson when I was a student and a few guys got into a scuffle under the basket. For a brief second I considered running on the court. Went from the 4th to front row pretty quick. I probably would’ve been beaten to a pulp had I actually went out there.

Reactions: SCexpat38

Just finished lunch at Mossy Oaks Elementary School.

Know the weekend was about over after watching Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom & Bonanza.

Movies - I was a Teenage Werewolf & all the Black Lagoon movies.

Reactions: jonesz21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT