ADVERTISEMENT

YOU WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH DEFENSE!

t-zonie

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2002
I watched 1 play in this game....I turned it on and watched a perfect PICK play which is not called too
often but the taters have been running it all year at the goal line. Get ready Gamecock Nation. You will hear this for the rest of your life. Meanwhile, we are trying to decide to build premier suites on the east upper deck. The beat goes on.

Illegal pick plays help some too.

C1yUFgQWQAEyTwH.jpg:large

It's called good coaching. Get over it. Everyone here needs to get to the point of accepting what happened. Then we can move on.

Reactions: griffgolf
It's called good coaching. Get over it. Everyone here needs to get to the point of accepting what happened. Then we can move on.

Bullcrap. That is textbook offensive pass interference. Big 12 refs just swallowed the flag and handed it to them. Now you see why the scores of Big 12 games look like basketball scores.

You can't breathe on a WR without a flag. Hit a guy too hard in the wrong place you may get kicked from the game. Virtually every rule change in the last decade favors the offense.

So, the only way to have a great defense is to have elite players like Bama. But even that isn't good enough against an elite QB and WRs. CU would have scored 50 if they hadn't taken the first quarter off.

Reactions: GamecockJL
Defense got them there, but it didn't rule the day imo. Personally I was shocked to hear Bama had a depth problem on defense when the announcers mentioned it. That would be the last team I would have thought had depth issues.
Now that the season is in the books, I think it's fair to say Clemson may have had the most complete team in college football this year... much as I hate to say it.

You ever think the qb play is been because of elite sec defenses?!?! It's tough to get points when the defenses are filled with NFL talent.

No, nobody thinks that but you. The only time Bama face an elite level QB (Chad Kelly… and NO Washington’s QB is not elite), they hung 35+ on Bama as well. IF Bama (or several other SEC teams had decent QBs they’d be a lot better. And remember that the only elite QB in the SEC (Kelly) couldn’t even win the starting job at Clemson. And that’s a fact…

Defense is huge. It travels and will win you games when the offense is having a bad day. But make no mistake about it, the SEC has had some very mediocre QBs in the last 3-4 years and it’s shown up in your out of conference records.

No, nobody thinks that but you. The only time Bama face an elite level QB (Chad Kelly… and NO Washington’s QB is not elite), they hung 35+ on Bama as well. IF Bama (or several other SEC teams had decent QBs they’d be a lot better. And remember that the only elite QB in the SEC (Kelly) couldn’t even win the starting job at Clemson. And that’s a fact…

Defense is huge. It travels and will win you games when the offense is having a bad day. But make no mistake about it, the SEC has had some very mediocre QBs in the last 3-4 years and it’s shown up in your out of conference records.
I hope you remember hating on washingtons qb when he is in the NFL starting lol....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT