ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite play ?

joplin gamecock1

Nov 27, 2016
I think we can all agree this was a pretty forgettable season,but was there a particular play,drive,performance that you can look back on and remember that was a bright spot that you really enjoyed ?

It would have to be from the UT game, since that was the most memorable victory. King's second INT was pretty sweet.

Reactions: DirtyCock99
I don't have one in particular but ever since high school my favorite plays involved passes to the TE. (Disclaimer: I played TE) Been waiting for years to see us utilize one the way we did this year. I can only hope this stays in as part of our plan because it was so fun for me to watch.

It was definitely from the UT game and I'm gonna say the bomb to KC Crosby where Bentley took a hit and still threw a perfect pass. This pic with Pharoh looking on in the background is great haha

index.php

The final play of the Birmingham Bowl (the brilliant play action pass with the textbook lookout block from the RT).

Reactions: jon#
The final play of the Birmingham Bowl (the brilliant play action pass with the textbook lookout block from the RT).

Question about this play...it resulted in a fumble by you guys, UCF recovered, and then they fumbled and the ball was recovered by you. During the normal course of a game, this would have resulted in Gamecock ball and a new set of downs. Since this was OT, did the initial recovery by UCF officially end the game, or should the play have resulted in a first down for you?

Question about this play...it resulted in a fumble by you guys, UCF recovered, and then they fumbled and the ball was recovered by you. During the normal course of a game, this would have resulted in Gamecock ball and a new set of downs. Since this was OT, did the initial recovery by UCF officially end the game, or should the play have resulted in a first down for you?

Our opponent in said bowl was the South Florida Bulls.

Every play where Jake Bentley felt the pressure coming and stepped up into the pocket with his eyes downfield. He completed a bunch of passes like that and I hadn't seen a QB really step up in the pocket like that around here in a while.

Different rules in overtime (per Heath Cline). Game over.

This play by a true freshman QB, The Freshman Trio, Dowdle, Edwards and Bentley are a huge bright spot, for me on the 2016 season.

Heck of a play with pressure, NFL caliber throw by a true freshman, lets get that man some blocking in 2017!

Bentley.gif

Reactions: coolcock2001
Tenn. missed fg as time expires, Crosby's TD vs Tenn, Frye's GW vs Vandy, and AT kickoff return vs A&M. Hard to pick but the field goal miss was very satisfying

I kinda liked the one where Edwards tackled Dowdle in the bowl game (Birmingham Bowl? is that the name of it... or is there another sponsor after Papa John's left). It was classic Gamecock stuff. Almost as good as the ref tackling Garcia in the LSU game years ago.

Ok---back to S Fla. overtime game real quick.....I get (per Heath Cline) and others, different rules for OT regarding turnover...Basically once it changes possession via turnover, the offensive team is done. I assume even if the defender were to try and "return" the interception or fumble, loses possession and the original offensive team took it in for TD (all in one play) that would not count either?

For example. USF scored a TD first in OT.
We then throw a pick at the 5 yard line but instead of falling down the defender starts to run (not sure why but it could happen)....Then Deebo strips him from behind at the 10 yd line and scoops it in for the score...I assume no score correct and game over?

I have a couple;

That slant was BEAUTIFUL!!!

REALLY impressed with Crosby's hands, all year.

Dowdle breaking ankles was a great one too!

Good question. I thought at the time that the play continued as 4th down until we fell on it which ended the play and the game.

Ok---back to S Fla. overtime game real quick.....I get (per Heath Cline) and others, different rules for OT regarding turnover...Basically once it changes possession via turnover, the offensive team is done. I assume even if the defender were to try and "return" the interception or fumble, loses possession and the original offensive team took it in for TD (all in one play) that would not count either?

For example. USF scored a TD first in OT.
We then throw a pick at the 5 yard line but instead of falling down the defender starts to run (not sure why but it could happen)....Then Deebo strips him from behind at the 10 yd line and scoops it in for the score...I assume no score correct and game over?
The score would have counted, however if he was tackled on the one yard line then the game would have ended.

Would the previous line to gain for a 1st down still be in play?
From my understanding of the rule, even if we returned the fumble to the one yard line and we were tackled it would cause the game to end. It would not matter, in that instance you would have to score.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT