ADVERTISEMENT

Your Favorite Restaurant that's NOT in Your Town...

I have made the mistake of telling everyone about Greg's. Now it's do crowded you can hardly get in there. I live a few miles away. So I hang out at Neal and Pam's. Gamecock bar. Owner is born and bred USC grad. His uncle was Sam of Sam's corner
Greg's has the best burgers

The Other Place in Jasper, Alberta, CA.
Cattleman's Association in Valencia, Venezuela. A vegan nightmare in the heart of the Venezuela llanos where cattle outnumber people. Served enormous platters with various cuts of beef, pork, and blood sausage family style. Take a double load of statins before going there, but if you're in need of a meat fix, it's unbeatable.

My hometown of Jacksonboro SC had the Edisto Restaurant which closed around 20 years ago.The best seafood I ever had.People from all over the state would make the drive.Saw the entire SC supreme Court there one night and had to listen to Ted Turner's loud obnoxiousness another time.
Edisto Restaurant was memorable. That must have been a great area to grow up in.Also great redbreast fishing I've heard.

Found a new one last trip...Spangles in Salina, KS. Where else can you drive thru and get a mushroom and swiss burger with a Grey Goose and Red Bull lol

Joe's Stone Crabs - Miami South Beach
St Elmo's Steak House - Indianapolis
Carson's - Chicago ( the Frig's favorite for ribs )
Swans - San Fransisco
Ma Dipps - Chapel Hill
Mrs Wilkes Boarding House - Savannah
Red's Lobster Rolls - Wiscasset, ME.
Acme Oyster House - New Orleans
my wife went to school with the owner of Reds Eats in Wiscasset.

I should have included "The Dillard House" in Dillard, Ga.

Near Franklin, NC and an easy drive from Walhalla. Incredible country array served family style.

But don't stop at the Walhalla Steak House for a steak as they have none but pretty good fried chicken. When the new owners took over they never bothered to change the name or sign.

Edisto Restaurant was memorable. That must have been a great area to grow up in.Also great redbreast fishing I've heard.
It was a great place back in those days.We swam and fished in the river and hunted the woods and swamps and every now and then somebody at one of the plantations would invite us to hunt with them.I went to church with all the plantation managers and managers at Bear Island.I tell people I could never make enough money to give my children the kind of upbringing I had.It doesn't exist any more.Most don't understand.

Reactions: searooster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT